ivankiss

The root of all suffering

58 posts in this topic

Inaccurate, shallow breathing.

Yes.

It's as simple as that. At least from my current level of awareness and depth of understanding.

If one was to continuously breathe consciously and with their whole body; there simply would be no time and no space for an opportunity to experience suffering to be formed.

Ironically; suffering is exactly that which teaches one this lesson.

Love ya people.

Breathe well.

Edited by ivankiss

Well, sucks for people with chronic sinus problems and deviated septums. ? 

@traveler I am sure their breath too can find its way in the light of their presence :) 

2 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@traveler I am sure their breath too can find its way in the light of their presence :) 

If their stories about how their shallow breathing is ruining "their life" is let go of, then yes a contraction can leave your body which makes breathing easier and more deep. But having chronic sinus problems and a deviated septum is still going to have a huge influence on how you breath. I'm speaking from experience.

Suffering is the story we tell about pain and uncomfortability. Pain and uncomfortability still arises with or without the stories.

11 minutes ago, traveler said:

I am speaking from experience.

Then your breath has still found its way regardless of all obstacles, right?

The emphasis is on conscious breathing. Can you do that? How often and how undisturbed?

Suffering is the story we tell about pain and uncomfortability. Pain and uncomfortability still arises with or without the stories.

Are you in pain right now? If not, we are in imaginationland here. 

You are overlooking what I'm saying... If one was to continuously breathe consciously; all possibilities to experience pain or suffering would be eliminated. You would simply not be aligned with those. You would be grounded in the present moment. Which is light and lovely. 

Being born with a "defect" is another thing. And there is a "higher purpose" for that, in my opinion.

Still; right now, right here that's all just thoughts. 

You said shallow breathing is the root cause of all suffering. And the answer is no it is not. Shallow breathing can be a side effect of suffering, it can create suffering, but it is not the root cause. The root cause of suffering is the person seperate of the uncomfortability and pain. Without the person there is just uncomfortability and pain arising for no one.

Conscious breathing is helpful if you do it for a limited time period to create better breathing habits OR when your body signals that you're not getting enough oxygen. Babys do not consciously breath, breathing happens effortlessly and naturally. You are talking of a state of being, but that is all the person knows. If you just got out of the way, things would be a lot simpler. A dog doesn't research and look for outside answers to be a dog, it doesn't consciously breath or move its legs to run better, a dog is a dog, naturally and effortlessly a good boy. Jk. 

This has no requirements for you to do anything, suffering is the illusory requirement for something to happen or be done for "you" to "reach" wholeness. There is no present moment, or there is only the present moment. In it, everything appears.

@traveler Gotcha. I may have phrased that poorly. 

Still, I disagree with all the "person is in the way" stuff. Not true, ime. 

That's the good old "blame the ego, blame the individual, blame the story, blame the illusion" bandwagon. 

Not my path.

Nothing can stand in the way of a conscious breath. Nothing. No thought. No sensation. No perspective. Breath cuts through it all. Breath prevails.

Edited by ivankiss

@ivankiss The "ego" is it's own reality. When it falls away, it is seen it never was. The ego blames things because it feels seperate and not whole, it can even blame a concept called "ego" as if it knows what that is. "If only the ego wasn't here would be happy", LOL. This is not a concept, I'm talking about this this. This is it. 

@traveler This is conscious breathing :) 

This is God breathing. 

Edited by ivankiss

1 minute ago, ivankiss said:

@traveler This is conscious breathing :)

This is a sentence ?

Just now, ivankiss said:

@traveler To a mind ;)

Letters and words are just symbols devoid of meaning. The person lives within them, enlightenment is waking up from the world within words. 

@traveler In my experience; enlightenment has no past to awaken from and no future to be awakened to. 

Light is all there is.

*big conscious breath* xD

Edited by ivankiss

7 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@traveler In my experience; enlightenment has no past to awaken from and no future to be awakened to. 

Light is all there is.

*big conscious breath* xD

Haha, I'll take one with ya ?

@ivankiss Just develop proper breathing through cardiovascular exercise. You think mo farah would breathe shallow? Also you can't always watch the breath.

@traveler xD

Enjoyed this, thanks. Love ya ❤

1 minute ago, Red-White-Light said:

@ivankiss You think mo farah would breathe shallow? 

Have no idea who is that. 

2 minutes ago, Red-White-Light said:

@ivankiss Also you can't always watch the breath.

Have you tried? Watching is not being.

Being is effortles.

16 minutes ago, traveler said:

Letters and words are just symbols devoid of meaning. The person lives within them, enlightenment is waking up from the world within words. 

So what is left? Nothing :) lol

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Here's a Q for y'all:

What is there ever that is more important than your breath?

...Why are you giving it away then? 

Edited by ivankiss