AtheisticNonduality

Inanimate Objects

8 posts in this topic

no

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

I’d say it depends on your perspective on what existence is. From the perspective of time and space, of course it existed.

From the perspective of Consciousness the concept of a “universe” is just void to begin with.

Of course time and space, and thus the universe are imagined by Consciousness but that doesn’t make them “unreal”, for imagination is precisely the way that Consciousness creates.

Edited by DaHonorableCourt

Elevators of my mind,

Up and down a million times

Loving you.

42 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Did the physical universe exist before sentient beings existed? 

You'd have to imagine yourself being a real object in a real objective universe. From this standpoint you can speculate about the universe forever. Scientists are all about measuring it. They are literally trying to measure EVERYTHING????. They overlook the obvious truth: they are held by everything. If everything is everything, how can you measure it? You'd have to be separate from everything to be able to measure it, and then it would not be everything, because then there would be everything AND me. This is the fallacy of all science. Nothing and everything is two sides of the same coin, this is and isn't happening. All that you know of the physical universe is a lie. All that you know of everything is a lie. 

@AtheisticNonduality define exist? How do we know something is physical? By observing interactions, solidity, causality etc. If there is no observer can something physically exist? Maybe it exists only in potential.

"Sentient beings" are something you are imagining. There is no such thing. There is only one being: God. There is nothing outside of this one being because it is infinite and total.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Where does a dreamworld go when youre awake? 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@AtheisticNonduality since living and non living is a duality, you can look at it in infinite possible ways. I'm going to present few of them:

1) we can say that some things in universe are alive and some are dead but since reality is fractal and we can't know when life begins and ends, it would be absurd to believe that. Also that would be vague definition that completely can't tell you anything about life.

2) we can also say that everything is non living and that would be true from one POV, but really we couldn't explain everything with that method. From a scientific point, this is really logical and this is the paradigm that most scientists use.

3) one could argue that everything is alive. This is ultimately Leo's way of explaining it and personally I use it when I am debating origin of life with other people. I do really believe that if something is moving, it has to be alive. I am form and I can move, therefore I am alive. If that is true for me, it's true for plants, bacteria, molecules, atoms, quarks, things smaller than quarks and everything smaller that you could imagine. If one thing in universe is alive, every other thing is because it could not be otherwise.