Mind of a beast

Philosophy as my Life Purpose

8 posts in this topic

Hi,  I am a doctor residing in India. I have done Leo's ULP course. I have concluded that philosophy is my life purpose. I discovered this on 18/5/20. My problem is that I don't know how to make money from it.
I don't like medical field that much. I don't want to waste my time doing something just to earn money.
I am an extreme introvert who don't want to engage with people because they drain my energy.
I am 33 years old , unmarried. I am trying to pursue post graduation in India.

My idols are Nietzsche and Kant. I really want to become like them. 
In India, we don't get to choose philosophy in our schools.I believe it's the main reason that India is struggling in every area.
So please help me to solve this problem. Thank you.

Edited by Mind of a beast

India has a deep philosophical/spiritual tradition. Osho was basically a philosopher. So was Sri Aurobindo. And countless others. Why don't you take some inspiration from them?

You can teach yourself philosophy. In fact, that's really the only way you can be a serious philosopher.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Thank you so much Leo. You have changed my life and by this comment, changed my perspective also.

I think I need lots of courage to follow my purpose. 

My BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goal) is to become like Nietzsche and Kant.

I want to write books like them.

Are there any books that tell us how to take a leap of faith?

6 hours ago, Mind of a beast said:

we don't get to choose philosophy in our schools.I believe it's the main reason that India is struggling in every area

OK this is a silly idea here.

do your Job for money and study philosophy on your own. open a YouTube channel and make videos about philosophy.

note: philosophy is just theory, spirituality is application of this theory   

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

@Mind of a beast This could be helpful:

“Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek what they sought.” - Matsuo Basho.

Edited by Arzola

From my knowledge, it seems that the consulting was the most popular business model option for philosophers throughout history. Just do some research and see how much they were consulting kings, noble people, businessmen and common folks (often in masses) for ages. 

Basically what Leo does now, he is consulting masses for living. Technology makes logistics of that nature very easy today, you basically only have to provide a ton of value now and do some marketing (which was always the issue). 

But you don't have to consult masses, really. You can somewhat easily create an elite consultancy and coach people 1 on 1 by charging a pretty big buck for it. Of course, in this case, you should better target people who have money and who you will be able to help.

I suggest, though, to make your own philosophical contemplation about money topic and how should philosophers (and you, exactly) make their money and I'm sure you'll find your answers. Many great philosophers were rich and are rich nowadays as well, don't buy into this notion of philosophers are destined to be poor, it's just a fabricated story by society and parents so their kids go become some kind of a lawyer or dentist, a less risky path, so to speak. 

Edited by Hello from Russia