actualizing25

Question about one of Leos videos

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys I have a question about an older video of Leo called "Why brains do not exist": Leo is saying that neurons are not in your brain? But if they are not there, where are they located then? What does it even mean "Brains do not exist". Does it mean that until we are not experiencing a brain, it does not exist? So if we cut open our skull and we see our brain in the mirror, then the brain exist, otherwise if we dont see it, then it doesnt exist?

Sorry for that basic question, but I really want to understand these metaphysical topics.

Thanks for your answers:)

@Meta-Man Leo also said in the video that for example a psychedelic(an apperance) can affect an other appearance(Neurons), which would affect other appearances(perception). But we don't see Neurons, so that would mean that they dont exist and so other appearances couldnt affect it because they dont exist.

@actualizing25 Only the affects of the neurons and psychedelics will exist, but not the neurons themselves because you cannot see or feel them in that moment. The affects of the neurons are the only thing you are aware of, so in that moment only the affect of the neurons is what is real.

Everything exists exactly as you are aware of it.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

5 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

@actualizing25

After my first awakening experience on mushrooms, I couldn’t really say that the awakening happened ‘because of’ the mushrooms this body had eaten. I actually had never eaten any mushrooms, because.. well there’s nothing happening!

It’s nonsensical ??‍♂️

Reality It´s being created each second isn´t it.

@Osaid But when you say you experience the effects of neurons, you are already saying that neurons are existing because they are the thing which are creating the effect.

@Osaid  and does it mean that when you close your eyes, the whole world, which was in front of you, doesnt exist anymore until you open your eyes?

@actualizing25 Only the effect exists, not the neurons themselves. The effect is literally being created without any neurons. If you cut open your brain and zoomed in, the neurons will start existing because you just became aware of them. From this, we can make sense of reality and say "oh there are neurons which cause this effect" but that is just a story we tell ourselves to make sense of the effect.

1 minute ago, actualizing25 said:

and does it mean that when you close your eyes, the whole world, which was in front of you, doesnt exist anymore until you open your eyes?

Yes, reality only becomes sensations and sounds.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@actualizing25Brains do not exist simply by the fact that when you experience one, it is dependent on an associating concept in order to be known. In other words, brains are not independent of the thought in having one. To have a brain one must conceptualise a brain. Easy experiment: does a brain exist without the thought of one? Of course not, this is a superimposition of mind.

When we perceive a “brain”, we imagine a brain and associate a concept to it.

All that exists is your consciousness and the concepts which it formulates is what humans have mistaken for reality. Ie. Brains, bodies, physical experience.

14 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

There’s no reality, because this is Nothing and no seconds are ticking because time doesn’t exist. Nothing is really happening. There are no events, because events imply time and succession. Lol! It’s beyond crazy and beyond nonsense

Yes I mean I call reality that which "Is".

You can't deny this Nothing is ISing, right?

God/Reality IS. This is undeniable.

Think of it like this.  Consciousness isn't happening within the brain.  "The brain" exists within consciousness.  It's imaginary.

This shatters the materialist paradigm.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@actualizing25 You’re privileging your mind over your experience.

Tell me, how does this supposed brain exist without your conceptualisation that it does? The brain is concept dependent. Meaning, it does not exist without your conceptualisation that it does.

If you have no thought about it, the brain holds no more physicality to it than the air you breath.

Edited by Jacobsrw