blowfish

The Trap of Being Right

7 posts in this topic

A great reminder what kind of mindset we all should try to shift from. Starting at minute 8, relevant to the conspiracy mindset and also the counterside, since there's been lately a trend of discussing these in this subforum. I thought I should share.

''There is a special area of the Matrix reserved for people who think they have exited the Matrix. The answers to metaphysical questions—and indeed political questions, personal questions—are usually less important than the process that the question launches.''

thats precisely it 

the major issue about beliefs is that very question : "what effect this particular form of belief will causes in my counsciousness in the very long-long term''

a key thing to ask yourself

that i see is lacking in the philosofical mind of the people in this very forum 

Also be mindful of the counter-trap of being wrong. Right-ness and wrong-ness are mirror images of each other. 

It's definitely a trap most people are in for sure. Notice how almost everybody you ever meet in the world is convinced they're right. Even the most humble, skeptical, or self-critical!

It's really a mind-plague.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

Also notice that the people who are always convinced they are the right are the most unpleasant to be around.

You have the right to be right as long as you can face the consequences if proven wrong