Ethan1

What happened to the 60's counter culture movement?

10 posts in this topic

So looking back to the 50's the baby boomer parents were acting authriterian. The 60's kids were challenging the rules of society. People were asking more questions and the collective consciousness was waking up. People were focusing on love. People were becoming more open-minded. Free thinkers were expanding. People were questioning authority and beliefs. 

What caused this movement to slow down the momentum?? 

Were people corrupting the movement from the inside?

Such as people stereotyping hippies and giving a mixed message? 

Did drug abuse get out of control within the movement? 

Was the banning/demonizing drugs the shifting point? 

People having babies/families another reason? 

I don't understand how such an awaking shifted more towards vast consumerism and corporate america.

Was technology a cause for this shift? The rise of electronics? 

Baby boomers started orienting more towards materialism and being workaholics yuppies. Why? It went from one extreme to the other.. 

It was too big of a leap too fast.

American society was stage Blue in the 50's and 60's and the hippies tried to leapfrog to Green by skipping Orange. So of course it wasn't sustainable. American society spent the 70's through till 2020 solidifying Orange. And now we are on the brink of Green. But notice how vehemently Green is resisted even in 2020! One third of the country is still clinging to Blue and one third to Orange.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

That's why I like living over here in oregon. It is one of the most stage green places in the United states. Along with Colorado and washington. Gotta love how most people are on the same page about helping each other out. Not sure what's it like Nevada. Hope to go over there one day. And maybe see good ol leo on the vegas strip or something. Dont know yet. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

14 minutes ago, diamondpenguin said:

Not sure what's it like Nevada.

Vegas is a progressive city. We gave Bernie a landslide victory here. We got weed now on every street corner.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Vegas is a progressive city. We gave Bernie a landslide victory here. We got weed now on every street corner.

That's awesome 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

3 hours ago, Ethan1 said:

I don't understand how such an awaking shifted more towards vast consumerism and corporate america.

When green awakened a lot more women enter the work force resulting in children coming home to an empty house while both parents worked. 

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It was too big of a leap too fast.

American society was stage Blue in the 50's and 60's and the hippies tried to leapfrog to Green by skipping Orange. So of course it wasn't sustainable.

Yep! That's why the whole Sex, Drugs & Rock'n'Roll movement came right after the fucking hippies (for our greatest good).

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

American society spent the 70's through till 2020 solidifying Orange. And now we are on the brink of Green. But notice how vehemently Green is resisted even in 2020! One third of the country is still clinging to Blue and one third to Orange.

I myself am resisting green like crazy! I think that the world is not ready to give up selfishness completely and that we must go through a orange/green phase first.And of course I'm sayin that cuz I'm orange not cuz I care about the health of the whole spiral but still, fuck it, I think it's necessary.

I'm not friendly.

11 hours ago, Evil Raccoon said:

we must go through a orange/green phase first.

I think this will be ridiculously entertaining to watch happen in real time. I think the 2020s decade will be our first real leap into green because man, are the young people sick of consumerism. (for the most part)

@Mike Book I don't know if fucking astrology is reliable or not but I find this video quite interesting (plus the girl is hot af).She's basically talking about how our culture experienced a shift towards green with the hippies in the 60's and then 30 years later with the grunge rock movement and how it might happen again in 2020.

I'm not friendly.