Onecirrus

Devilry of the Elites

29 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, dinone said:

But what about love of surviving? Is that feeding ego? Or its is different type of love?

It's all love. There's nothing wrong with surviving. The problem is when you get so preoccupied with survival that it backfires on you.

There are many degrees and qualities of survival.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

18 minutes ago, Trickyp said:

@Leo Gura

I read that the Mahabharata says revenge was the purest emotion of all.

How should one interpret this?

What is your opinion on taking revenge?

Foolishness written in stage Purple and Red era and culture. We have evolved past that. Don't forget, cultural artifacts were shaped to please dictators, kings, warlords, and sociopaths.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There are many degrees and qualities of survival.

And all of them are driven by love. There is no wrong love or good love. Only dogmas separate love. Love is unique.

1 minute ago, dinone said:

And all of them are driven by love. There is no wrong love or good love. Only dogmas separate love. Love is unique.

You introduced the notion of "wrong", not I.

@Trickyp As a Vaishnavaite , I doubt that. Even if it was written it was a misinterpretation of the true teachings available even then, to my limited understanding. 

Or maybe it is out of context. Pure could have ment unadulterated crap. Unlike love, in the human form, which can be conditional. :P

Edited by captainamerica

Theres always this thing about we need to destroy the devilry in the elite but theres so much devilry in each of us, theres enough on our plate that we can work on right now. Realistically what can we do to take down those above us? Even if we do, if we havent sorted out our own devilry, through acceptance and awareness, then whatever replaces the current elites will most likely be worse. Hitler wasnt as powerful as he was by himself, he was powerful because he spoke to the devil in all those people, if they had sufficient self awareness all that happened probably wouldnt have. So we all contribute to the collective consciousness and the best thing we can do is build our own awareness

I'm trying to understand what it is about the "conspiracy" in this documentary that is appealling to people. In all honesty, after the 20 minute mark I started skipping through the rest of the documentary because it just seemed like a boring waste of time to watch the whole thing. But what stood out to me from the parts I saw is this idea that we are somehow being "programmed" through the "entertainment" we are consuming. But isn't this kind of obvious? I mean, through movies and tv shows we come to understand what is socially acceptable in our contemporary society (lessons about multiculturalism, for example) which some people (fundamentalist Christians) might reject but most of us have come around on over time. At times the media can in fact fail us, as they did in the early 2000's for example with the boosting of Bush's case for the Iraq War, but I guess I don't see "the patterns" that add up to an overarching conspiracy. Honestly, I think our political leaders, journos, & academics are too fucking dumb/lazy to pull such a thing off. Maybe cynicism is the best defense against conspiracism....

@Boethius After thinking about it for a bit, and sitting with Leo's statement in the video that Onecirrus posted about how we tend to project onto "the elites" our own ego shit, I will admit that my cynicism may well stem from a frustration that as a society we don't in fact have the Wisdom necessary to help bring people to an "enlightened" understanding of the world. In all fairness, maybe that's in part because people feel they are being "programmed" -- as in this documentary -- by a corrupt elite! I guess people who wish to help shape the world (leaders, journos, academics, and teachers) should try to maintain a high degree of moral fiber, in order to maintain trust....

Edited by Boethius