Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
livg7046

How to stay positive when son likely has COVID

6 posts in this topic

I know I need to stay positive. I know everything happens for a reason and I likely manifested this in some way. But how the hell do I not deeply regret making a mistake that caused my son to get sick (likely with COVID - test pending)

I can’t help but spiral into thinking about all of the bad things that could happen...

Surrender and forgiveness

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

16 minutes ago, livg7046 said:

I know I need to stay positive. I know everything happens for a reason and I likely manifested this in some way. But how the hell do I not deeply regret making a mistake that caused my son to get sick (likely with COVID - test pending)

I can’t help but spiral into thinking about all of the bad things that could happen...

How bad is he? Sorry to hear that :( 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

You sound like a good concerned parent and I'm sure you'll do your best.  No parent does a perfect job, I think if you just get good treatment going everything is going to be ok.  

@livg7046 how old is your son? From what we know so far, kids tend to have very mild symptoms, if any. And complications are extremely rare if the kid has no major health issue. 

Dont beat yourself up for it now. See what you can do to be more forgiving and loving 

All stories about what could have been, are just stories. There are no real mistakes. What happened is what happened, you are in no control and you can't change what happened. Everything is always already forgiven. 

Everything could happen, but chances are it won't be as bad as your thoughts make you believe. Thoughts can often spiral into the worst scenarios and it can be hard to see through the illusion if you are emotionally attached. 

My mom has bad lungs and works with kids. She got news that one of the kid's mother has contracted the virus. Yesterday, scenarios of how it would be like after my mom is gone started appearing, but it was followed by a realization that my mother ISNT dead, she is right here, beside me. The story in my mind was not true, it was just a projection into one possible reality out of infinite possibilities. This often happens in relationships. You get so attached to a person that the fear of losing them makes you blind to their presence right now.