Jahmaine

Does Leo have the Holy Man Sydrome?

10 posts in this topic

2:00-4:00

An inflated ego or an honest to-the-point ego?

or a combination of both? 

As much as I wanted to rip his arm off he indeed speaks Truth. 

Ok me. God damn you Jed/me again ok. 

Maybe it's because I wanted Truthful people. Delivered. 

Who cares, no reason to care much about teachers, take what is right and ignore the other stuff.

6 minutes ago, tenta said:

Who cares, no reason to care much about teachers, take what is right and ignore the other stuff.

It’s more for him really, if it is the case, it could be helpful to bring such things to his attention, I appreciate what he’s bought to the table and I’m sure his community can give back if they so choose. 

Edited by Jahmaine

I don't believe a word that leaves leo's mouth, I only trust the inner voice and the direct experience. But I gravitate heavily towards Leo because everything he says is being backed up by my experience and god communicating directly to me hehe. Leo is the best...on earth, it would appear 

Edited by Aaron p

2 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

Generally speaking (not directed toward Leo), what I’ve learned is that if people are deluding themselves it doesn’t help pointing it out to them. It will only increase their resistance. Let life take care of peoples delusions. Nobody gets to take their delusions with them when they go. Every ego will be humbled to death, that is a fact.

That’s fair enough. I was generally asking for people’s opinions towards Leo and his mental state. Just to make sure he’s all good really, things up close look different from afar, if we was to look at his behaviour and such like from an outside point of view (someone who hasnt been following Actualized religious), how does it look or stand up? Has the ego been inflated because of the God experience? Has it been integrated? Is he creating an Us vs Them complex by putting “all other teachers” beneath him? 

Or are people just going to say that he actually means it and it is the case so it’s true? Being awake just looks delusional to everyday people? Anyone that challenges him is just not conscious enough and is projecting? Or that it doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things, if he’s deluded or not it doesn’t matter. 

Even if some of those hold truth, it doesn’t always come across like and he personally doesn’t hold himself up to scrutiny like he does to other - at least that’s how he acts on the forum and on videos sometimes.

Edited by Jahmaine

How about writing a manifesto about how all other teachers ever are wrong and you’re right? Even if it’s true, the fact it was done in a manner that says you’re wrong and I’m right - I personally think is a sign of the holy man syndrome, that’s just my view. 

Could’ve just wrote a manifesto about the deep teachings itself. It doesn’t even need to mention anyone else - or it could at least reference them and show the truth of theirs and include the “higher truth” of his own.

2 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

@Jahmaine

From my pov;

He doesn’t need hospitalization, lol. Leo is a work in progress. And awakening is crazy business. 

The thing with Leo is that he’s a public figure and he’s sharing his path as it unfolds, even the ‘crazy parts’. He’s being vulnerable and transparent. So of course people are going to reject this and put the crazy label on him.

Leo also isn’t an ‘established master’ yet, and has admitted he doesn’t sit with all the answers.

As for him having gone deeper in his peak 5-Meo states than other teachers, maybe he has. I don’t know what to make of it yet, as I haven’t tried 5-MeO.

He might be right, and everybody else might be wrong, or he might be caught in a seekers trap, trying to extend ‘the search’ by endlessly seeking  states for as long as possible to avoid reaching the end of seeking. Maybe he’s fooling himself, maybe he isn’t.

I try to keep an open mind, while also maintaining some healthy skepticism. 

Having talked to him quite a bit now, I still don’t know what to make of him/his claims. Some of them contradict my own findings, yet I still have to give him the benefit of doubt. 

I always just return to myself and my understanding. Because that’s what really matters. I recommend you do to. Developing independence is key.

Yeah I’d agree with that, I feel the same. Obviously I don’t feel like he needs hospitalisation, but just seeing if he’s okay really and see how other people feel about it.

Basically what I'm talking about now is a level of awakening that transcends everything,transcends all teachings, all teachers, transcends the Buddha too,  transcends Christ, transcends every master that you've heard about transcends Zen,  transcends Buddhism, Christianity..all of it all of it becomes like a joke.  It transcends the chakras.  it transcends meditation,  transcends Yoga there is no way you can reach this level of awakening through meditation through yoga,  through self inquiry, nothing...

I will be capable of levels of consciousness that perhaps only a handful of humans have ever been capable of on the entire planet in the entire history of mankind and that literally miracles will be possible

~Leo Gura

well at least he's not exaggerating