ivory

The catalyst for transitioning to green

11 posts in this topic

First of all, I consider myself stage green but when I first started visiting this forum I was very deeply in stage orange. I was also in a very unpleasant state of transition. My life was very volatile on the level of relationships, health, and finances. I was conflicted, no longer knew what my values were, and was no longer deriving pleasure from my usual pursuits. I was very independent and obsessed with self-improvement, sex, and accomplishment. But I was very depressed. Another interesting characteristic is that I always seemed to be aware that nothing lasts, and that really disturbed me. In other words, I was in a state of crisis and my experience was pure groundlessness.

From there I decided that I would focus on health, relationships, learn about politics, and basically do what I felt was good for me. I began to build a healthy lifestyle. Leo's SD videos were a massive help to me during this transition because they helped me understand why I was so conflicted. Now I feel like a new person.

My question is, what was this transition like for others? Does it always have to be so messy? Or can this be a smooth transition?

Orange:
I think I used to be orange from 14-15 to 18 years old. I was totally obssessed with self-improvement and tried everything I could to "fix" myself.
I was also a total libertarian and even anarcho-capitalist, despite not even having worked one time in my life(lol). Full MGTOW and hated women for ???:/. Also obsessed with logic and being right. I HATED any leftist and thought they should be eliminated (yes, I know now, wtf).
During this time I had more discipline than now, actually. I used to drink coffee a lot just to be more productive on shit I didn't really want to do.
At 18, I had a philosophy class on utilitarianism, and saw how my libertarian philosophy would be causing a lot of suffering and even not achieving the expected effect. It was totally out of reality. I think this was the turning point.
The greatest catalyst was actualized.org. I started watching Leo's videos when I was 17 years old. All my beliefs on logic and shit went out of the window.
Green:
Now that's when the cool shit happened.
I stopped hating the leftist people. I used to hate a guy that used antifa logos on his shirt and now I'm his friend:S. My political views shifted from full right to center/left. I dropped my blind belief in logic as a means to reach the truth. Dropped almost all MGTOW beliefs.
I started meditating 10 minutes a day.(now I'm doing 1h)
My empathy greatly increased. I became was less judgmental of people and way more open minded.  Actually, this judgmental attitude has now decreased so much I can tolerate waaay more than I did before. It's hard to remember when I did get triggered by someone or some idea. I don't hate anyone. Last year I tried some weed and oh boy. Then did some mushrooms and you know the story. That's when it went exponential. 
Now I'm more people focused. I don't care that much about productivity or results, but still think those things are important.
Also, full hardcore vegetarian for 6 months. Stopped because maybe it was causing some damage to my health because my concentration went to hell. Now that got better and I'm vegetarian again.
I value much more "natural" products. Stopped using shampoo.
I still plan on changing a lot more things like plastic use reduction and using even more natural or homemade products.
Planning also on stop going to the gym and doing bodyweight exercises. I started going to the gym for not accepting my body but now I like it. I love it. My plan was to get the rippest as fuck I could but now that goal seems pretty shallow.
Nature is way more pleasurable. Started going to the beach, hiking and camping.(see profile pic)

Right now I think I already have some yellow going on but I have some issues of my own to work on. Nothing really serious though. Just that's not something I'm really invested right now.:P

Edited by Espaim

Im in the process of transition right now but Ive had other Green values in me for years, there are different things to grow into and let go of, recently Ive been letting go of the idea of success as a means of self worth and happiness and thats very difficult because our society is so very Orange right now, the toxic hustle culture is extremely prevalent especially in self-help. 

But its been causing me so much stress and pain to have to compete with others and beat myself up over not being as good as I want to be... To the point of suicidal thoughts. 

Eventually one day I was like What the hell am I doing this for?? what is it really about?? That was a huge step for me but its only the beginning. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I don't like SD, because I don't think it is accurate and people take it way too seriously.

one day this will all be memories

@kag101 

two things, you didn't read the books about it, and probably can't see it as accurate because you didn't do any work to use this lens in your reality.

not that you're wrong, but that is aswell a perspective, a perspective that isn't wrong, could be stacked up aswell as a double perspective on it, but not the only one. SD is very relevant and efficient in my paradigm.

saying SD is useless is just proof of a biased belief and having not put time and inquiry into it.

But that's ok, some resonate better with chakra system and all that.

Edited by GodDesireOnlyLove

@Espaim Damn dude, you're like the poster boy of green :D

@kag101 If it can take years to transition from one stage to the next, then it can take a long time to verify the truth in the model. I personally take it with a grain of salt. That said, having done it, I can say that the transition from orange to green is real. If you look at Buddhism, or even modern psychotherapy methods, the goal is to reach what resembles stage green, yellow, and (in some cases) turquoise.

Anyways, guys, the reason I had asked the question is that I'm curious what it would take for society as a whole to transition to green. In the USA for example.

10 hours ago, ivory said:

@Espaim Damn dude, you're like the poster boy of green :D

Wait till my man bun is ready!!xDxD

On 20/04/2020 at 4:22 PM, GodDesireOnlyLove said:

two things, you didn't read the books about it, and probably can't see it as accurate because you didn't do any work to use this lens in your reality.

No, I didn't read the books. I've seen Leo's videos about it, and I did some research online as well.

I mean, it's kinda interesting. But people here take it to an extreme. They start categorizing people, and I don't think it's in a healthy way.

I also don't like that it's like if I want to be "green", I have to vote for Bernie Sanders, not really care about money, be a hippie, and go to ayahuasca ceremonies.

On 4/21/2020 at 4:20 AM, Espaim said:

Wait till my man bun is ready!!xDxD

LOL, can't wait!

7 hours ago, kag101 said:

I also don't like that it's like if I want to be "green", I have to vote for Bernie Sanders, not really care about money, be a hippie, and go to ayahuasca ceremonies.

Nobody said that, being Green doesnt mean being a hippie, hippie is just a lifestyle that goes well with Green, but you can be Green and be a normal dude with a job, its just about your values, my dude.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

15 hours ago, Rilles said:

being Green doesnt mean being a hippie, hippie is just a lifestyle that goes well with Green, but you can be Green and be a normal dude with a job, its just about your values, my dude.

Yea, I know. I was exaggerating on purpose.

Here's my point: this model implies that being left-wing ("green") is superior to being right-wing ("orange").