StarStruck

Memory and ego question

9 posts in this topic

I was contemplating about this and I didn’t get it. If the (future and) the past doesn’t exist, and it is all an imagination, how does memory then work? A memory is a perspective (the person’s perspective). So a human is a totality of perspectives of the span of his life? What is wrong with that? If it is all a nonduality I don’t get why the ego is treated as an enemy. You are both the ego and the opposite of it. Favoring the one over the other is another duality. 

Edited by StarStruck

Everything is imagined. The present is imagined, the past is imagined. Memory is just when you imagine something over again. There is also nothing wrong with ego, as long as you recognize that it's imaginary.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

10 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Everything is imagined. The present is imagined, the past is imagined. Memory is just when you imagine something over again. There is also nothing wrong with ego, as long as you recognize that it's imaginary.

I observe that I need something to hold on, I guess I should let that need go I guess.

@StarStruck
You are absolutely right on this topic, many people have a misconception about this sadly.
The ego is not the enemy but it can be if you make it to be. The ego is just like a student and the path we are on teaches it to evolve and to grow, for some to grow in the other direction unfortunately but this is just how it works, sometimes you have to take multiple steps back in order to move forward.
The ego is evolving along with our spiritual evolution. The only thing to keep in mind is to never fall into the trap of thinking you have reached the end, the absolute because you never will, that is the implication of reality or god being infinite.
And of course at the same time we already are this infinity and always will be, time and the path we are going is only a perception we have, the truth is of course that the eternal path is already done basically and that's why we already are infinity, we already are god, you can do what ever you want it's absolutely inevitable you'll become god and you already are no matter how much the ego holds you back, because eternity will lead to infinity inevitably.

Edited by LaucherJunge

13 hours ago, StarStruck said:

I was contemplating about this and I didn’t get it. If the (future and) the past doesn’t exist, and it is all an imagination, how does memory then work? A memory is a perspective (the person’s perspective). So a human is a totality of perspectives of the span of his life? What is wrong with that? If it is all a nonduality I don’t get why the ego is treated as an enemy. You are both the ego and the opposite of it. Favoring the one over the other is another duality. 

Nothing wrong with it. The ego can turn against itself, and that is where it becomes a problem to itself. Total ignorance is bliss, to a degree. Being aware of something beyond the ego can be a nightmare for the individual. Suddenly you're resisting the egoic energy, which creates more. You're now in your own trap, your own loop, trying to get out fuels it, trying to let it be fuels it (because it is a subtle way of trying to get out). There is nothing you can do, it's just happening for no one. Realise that and it will run its course and not stick. 

Edited by traveler

@StarStruck
Bad is very relative.
Let's say the ego is the lowest and god is the highest, but god includes the lowest. So the bad is part of the good.

22 hours ago, StarStruck said:

I was contemplating about this and I didn’t get it. If the (future and) the past doesn’t exist, and it is all an imagination, how does memory then work?

It’s a thought about being, like “time”. Eternity yet to recognize itself.

A memory is a perspective (the person’s perspective).

“Person” is a thought about being, like “human”. 

So a human is a totality of perspectives of the span of his life? 

“Totality of perspectives”, is a perspective. “Human” is a thought. You’ve never actually seen a human. 

What is wrong with that? If it is all a nonduality I don’t get why the ego is treated as an enemy. You are both the ego and the opposite of it. Favoring the one over the other is another duality. 

One who creates an enemy only divides oneself.  If one has no interest in self realizing, aligning in intuition, liberating from suffering, there’s no issue in one believing one is two (both). Prior to ‘favoring’, one is believing in what is not actual. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

first of all who invented ''ego'' ?

have you question this already? 

its a modern psychology term}