Christer

Can you lose progress in consciousness?

36 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Christer said:

Hi!

Well, can you lose progress in consciousness after you've gained it?

For instance, there can be periods where the level of awareness is high, where you see so much at once. Insights are gained, you get a few ah ha, and then things go south. 

From being super self conscious, mindfulness is slowly degrading, you don't seem that interested anymore, you go back into playing many hours of computer, and kinda "forgetting". Suddenly you're all the way back into being sucked into thoughts and chasing stories, which you back then would not do. Back then you saw how you made and constructed very intimately, this flow through, and now.. Well. 

It's like for every insights gained, they want to be forgotten. Do they? Are they just new filters to be seen through? And presence, can it degrade? 

Cause I'm more "in here" being more hypnotized at all the shit emotions and thoughts arising, than I was a month ago, where I was so conscious I thought I was going to pop out into "outside"'.

And of course there is sadness and doubt and these questions arise.

Ego has a tendency to survive even on a very high frequencies. It is a mechanism of protection. Absolutely normal, happened to me many times.

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

22 hours ago, Christer said:

Well, can you lose progress in consciousness after you've gained it?

It depends on the load that the you-thought used here carry.

If "you" implies a human being, then "progress in consciousness" is the ability to perceive reality as it really is. Does such a "you" lose progress if its head is hit with a hammer?

Do not confuse states of consciousness for consciousness.
You are absolutely infinite and as such, contain your own opposite. You cannot be "stabilized" into any particular form or shape.
You are what you are. Love it.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's a mistake. Don't trust human words. Trust your direct experience.

Be careful relying on others to awaken you. Any lack of consciousness in them will transfer to you.

Thank you for that great reminder. 

Now one is under Ramaji (LOC 1000 author) and he's wife to assist me further into deepening and to find shaktipat. As you said in your last video, going away for deepening and explore healing, this "letting" of consciousness is absolutely true. But I do wonder, if one could ever so possible evolve beyond shaktipat. The idea is there, so I would say so. I don`t want to stop, ever.

I've noticed that absorption happening in experience the last few weeks. Now I literally have no irl friends, which is great. I know you're well evolved, so opening me up for absorption from "your" consciousness, doesn't seem such a bad idea for me :-) So trusting would imply surrendering and opening up for higher change. Words are words, yes utterly blabla, but are they not a projectile of your consciousness, coming and settling in me?

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

14 hours ago, mandyjw said:

@Christer Nahm is a wizard. Not sure if he lives up to Leo's particular vision of what wizards are as stated above though.

There are fireballs, brother.

Edited by Christer

3 hours ago, tsuki said:

If "you" implies a human being, then "progress in consciousness" is the ability to perceive reality as it really is. Does such a "you" lose progress if its head is hit with a hammer?

You are absolutely infinite and as such, contain your own opposite. You cannot be "stabilized" into any particular form or shape.

3 hours ago, tsuki said:

One could only wish for such a hammer to hammer on. Nothing more, just that hammer to hammer on.

1 hour ago, Christer said:

Now one is under Ramaji (LOC 1000 author) and he's wife to assist me further into deepening and to find shaktipat. As you said in your last video, going away for deepening and explore healing, this "letting" of consciousness is absolutely true. But I do wonder, if one could ever so possible evolve beyond shaktipat. The idea is there, so I would say so. I don`t want to stop, ever.

From my personal experience, there are levels of awakening way beyond 1000. But don't expect Ramaji to admit that. You can't know it until you've been there.

But maybe I'm wrong. How would you know?

I've noticed that absorption happening in experience the last few weeks. Now I literally have no irl friends, which is great. I know you're well evolved, so opening me up for absorption from "your" consciousness, doesn't seem such a bad idea for me :-) So trusting would imply surrendering and opening up for higher change. Words are words, yes utterly blabla, but are they not a projectile of your consciousness, coming and settling in me?

How do you know my consciousness isn't corrupted and that I'm not telling you some bullshit?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Commodent said:

@Christer Ramaji is not 1000. Not even close.

Well, considering he invented his scale, it would be silly to say he's not 1000 since he's using himself to calibrate the scale. So it's true by definition.

The question is, what's beyond 1000?

@Leo Gura

37 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

How do you know my consciousness isn't corrupted and that I'm not telling you some bullshit?

Yeah, how can your viewers know? There literally is no way other than first-hand experience that can either agree or disagree with you.

I've been watching you and the stuff you do for quite a bit and my interpretations of your videos are way off from the actual experience of nonduality. I think its entirely possible to come to the same conclusion but have it be explained in two different ways. Your videos and work, in the end, is a result of just you poking a stick at god and seeing how it behaves back and from that interpreting what happened. Your interpretation is not the end all be all, and other people can have different interpretations.

Look inside your soul, maybe you'll find gold there and get rich.

7 minutes ago, UnconsciousHuman said:

@Leo GuraYour interpretation is not the end all be all, and other people can have different interpretations.

Of course. How else could it be? The map is not the territory.

u cant lose what u never had

u are illusory progress is illusory levels of consciousness are illusory and all is a zero sum game for infinite love

47 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, considering he invented his scale. It would be silly to say he's not 1000.

The question is, what's beyond 1000?

I'm not all too familiar with his map but to me it just looks like a rip-off of the Map of Consciousness by David R. Hawkins, wherein he is definitely not 1000. That would make him akin to Buddha or Jesus.

I don't think I've ever been at 1000 so it would be hard to say what is beyond that. But from what I have read:

• “I” As the Ultimate Reality beyond this dimension transcending dimensions - 1,100
  • “I” As Essence of Creation - 1,200
  • Archangel - 50,000+
  • Divinity - Infinite

And those things don't really make any sense to me.

Personally I'm feeling kinda lost at the moment. I'm concentrating really hard to see what I'm not seeing, but I'm not getting anywhere. You are talking about God all the time but wtf is that. I just don't get it. Or maybe I do, but I'm fooling myself to believe otherwise.

Alan Watts said that seeing your true self is like trying to see your own eyes, and never has that felt more true to me than now. It just seems like a dead end.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

From my personal experience, there are levels of awakening way beyond 1000. But don't expect Ramaji to admit that. You can't know it until you've been there.

But maybe I'm wrong. How would you know?

I can sense that too, seing that hes hole life is now built around a business. Whatever fits him fits him, but he can still be of use, and I mean this sincere. I have to say that hes wife clearly says in our sessions that LOC 1000 is the beginning, and then you will go infinite beyond that. My total extinction of perception is a radical consciousness level, the absolute biggest I`ve had, which was given by a shaktipat, which was "educated" from Ramaji personally. So, it`s mere a tool to create new ideas, higher ideas, to experience yourself as a better and greater version of yourself. And that road will definately make me happy, as I will constantly be involved in the works of consciousness. As you, you are dealing with a lot of lower states here with us, and I bet it does make you a better version of yourself daily to progress that :-) 

I want to admit that I am not sensing any bullshit, what so ever. It`s actually truly inspiring and exciting to hear that. The idea was present before, cause you just sink constantly into more and more of "that", so 1000 was just the beginning. And so much of your teaching has given me true experience of non-dual states. Cause I had no idea.

All this "stuff" adds up, yes. There. But back Here, if you will, it`s remains itself as pure. Jumping back and forward between is beautiful. I love your stuff :-) Your "stuff" has helped collecting bits into one single piece, over and over again. Helping me see earth as one single cell, if you will. And then all other stuff fades, and my own luggage remains.

Edited by Christer

@Christer you present a very interesting question. 

"Now you see it, now you don't" - Alan watts

God is always playing hide and seek with itself

While I don't believe that you can lose progress in the highest picture, I certainly do believe that you can have moments in your life where you are less connected to spirit. I also believe that you can feel this internally. It's like a compass.

Looking back at my own experience 6 years ago as an18 year old I was more elevated spiritually than I am at this particular point in time. I did not know what spirituality was about, and I had no experience with it. I had frequent lucid dreams, the sight of nature could absolutely enthrall me, and I had this fundamental attitude about life that everything will be fine. I remember moments where I was just sitting in my room contemplating life, and I was overwhelmed by gratitude. 

I also remember one night where I was looking at my parents and I suddenly felt this incredible love towards them. Don't get me wrong, I have always loved my parents, but this was different. It was existential. It still puzzles me to this day why it was so much stronger than usual. Anyways, I went for walk that night and I had my first satori experience. I saw that reality is absolute love, god is real, and that I am all of it. 

everything changed from there. I started reading about spirituality, got lost in concepts, and that connection I felt was soon gone. 

Sure, I have grown a lot since then, but I don’t feel the same connection as I did years ago. I am more lost in thoughts, pessimistic and so forth. Maybe it's a part of the path? I am sure it is. I don't think the idea of getting closer to any "goal" is particularly helpful tho, just accept where you are. But I do however believe that you will have moments life where you are more conscious.

Edited by Moment

On 4/17/2020 at 5:38 AM, Commodent said:

I'm not all too familiar with his map but to me it just looks like a rip-off of the Map of Consciousness by David R. Hawkins, wherein he is definitely not 1000. That would make him akin to Buddha or Jesus.

I don't think I've ever been at 1000 so it would be hard to say what is beyond that. But from what I have read:

• “I” As the Ultimate Reality beyond this dimension transcending dimensions - 1,100
  • “I” As Essence of Creation - 1,200
  • Archangel - 50,000+
  • Divinity - Infinite

And those things don't really make any sense to me.

Personally I'm feeling kinda lost at the moment. I'm concentrating really hard to see what I'm not seeing, but I'm not getting anywhere. You are talking about God all the time but wtf is that. I just don't get it. Or maybe I do, but I'm fooling myself to believe otherwise.

Alan Watts said that seeing your true self is like trying to see your own eyes, and never has that felt more true to me than now. It just seems like a dead end.

Well, I consider that Ramaji got inspired by David Hawkin's scale but they are not the same scale. I would not treat them as interchangeable.

Scales are relative things and you can always invent whatever scale you want. Nothing wrong with that.

But also, I would not agree to try to define awakening on a one dimensional scale of any size. That's far too limited. Awakening is multi-dimensional and endless. So I could never agree to place it on a scale of 0 to 1000. But even so, Ramaji's scale could still be useful. I just would caution that all such maps and models are limited and shouldn't be taken as absolute.

On 4/17/2020 at 5:54 AM, Christer said:

I can sense that too, seing that hes hole life is now built around a business. Whatever fits him fits him, but he can still be of use, and I mean this sincere. I have to say that hes wife clearly says in our sessions that LOC 1000 is the beginning, and then you will go infinite beyond that.

There's nothing wrong with Ramaji per se. If his work helps you, by all means use it. Just don't be limited by any one teacher or teaching.

On 17/04/2020 at 8:39 PM, Leo Gura said:

Your life and story and level of developme t not real so that's a self defeating q/red herring.

On 4/19/2020 at 2:50 AM, Leo Gura said:

Well, I consider that Ramaji got inspired by David Hawkin's scale but they are not the same scale. I would not treat them as interchangeable.

Scales are relative things and you can always invent whatever scale you want. Nothing wrong with that.

But also, I would not agree to try to define awakening on a one dimensional scale of any size. That's far too limited. Awakening is multi-dimensional and endless. So I could never agree to place it on a scale of 0 to 1000. But even so, Ramaji's scale could still be useful. I just would caution that all such maps and models are limited and shouldn't be taken as absolute.

There's nothing wrong with Ramaji per se. If his work helps you, by all means use it. Just don't be limited by any one teacher or teaching.

Yes, dear friend. Beautiful said, and good reminder. 

Thank you, Moment! Your story is beautiful. We've been reminded about this throughout this post, and I choose to see it as a whole. The wave has a top and bottom, but they are intimately connected. The pendulum swings. Winter and summer. Night and day. 

I do enjoy to get a bit lost and to get back, fast and go higher than before. It's easy to see now that the peak was only reachable by a lower point. This will not be forgotten. And when you are at the peak, you notice a higher peak beyond, which makes the peak you're standing on lower. So the low was high. It certainly eliminates both.

Edited by Christer