LoveandPurpose

how does discovering and living your life purpose feel like?

8 posts in this topic

I‘m currently searching for my LP. I got some ideas and when I follow them now I want to know if I‘m on the right track?

So what does it feel like?

@LoveandPurpose When i found my life purpose i was doing Leo's course.

After i found it, i noticed that all the main concepts in his videos were consistent with my life purpose. There was consistency across my life purpose and his concepts so i had confidence i was on the right track. Once i realized i had everything in my idea that he was talking about, i just stopped doing the course and went all in on pursuing my idea.

@LoveandPurpose it feels like (almost) everything you do is in alignment. It brings along with it curiousity and excitement that makes time go by quickly. After a long day's work, you even more energized. You could work more, but you know it's a good idea to get some rest. 

I remember Leo saying in an episode that if you do this correctly, one day you will look back and have tears running down your face because of how meaningful your life has become.  

Sounds about right.

@Sahil Pandit Alright! :) But there is drudgery, like @Leo Gura talks about in his course. So it's not just fun 24/7, right? But I don't know how to differenciate this when it's not fun: is it drudgery or is it not my life purpose?

It can feel like, you're finally choosing the thing to do, that you've always wanted to do, but was too afraid to do it because of your parents or girlfriend's opinion, fear of being broke, being rejected by society. Even your own ego: you could have built up an identity based on past experiences and deep rooted beliefs of who you are, and to live your life, you've got to dismantle it and live by someone or something that you think you 'aren't are'. For example believing you're a scientist but your true purpose is to be a soccer player. Even social status. Choosing to be a monk rather than a famous, successful businessman or teacher can feel like you're going low and turning into an incumbent. 

But once you take the plunge, and finally choose to do what you really really wanted to do all along, there's a feeling of great release, great weight off your shoulders. There's a feeling of synchronicity with the world around you. There's a feeling of natural conscious flow, like consciousness is a river, and instead of 'doing' stuff, you're just letting it naturally flow into place, and that happens naturally. And it can feel like you've re-birthed literally, like you reincarnated into another person, as your previous career, life, relationships, etc die off. 

On 13.04.2020 at 5:01 PM, LoveandPurpose said:

@electroBeam Wow very nice description! Thanks man!

Yeah agreed! Really enjoyed reading through the way people described their life purpose. What are your guys' life purpose? Im curious.