Average Investor

$1200 Stimulus Check

30 posts in this topic

@Nahm Let us know when your book is out. I enjoy reading your regular posts lol your "book" would be intriguing to say the least haha

@Average Investor Nothing.. Since I live in Turkey :D

But as a means of not letting this post be a total waste... saw you say that you purchased "you cant hurt me" by david goggins.. and I have to say.. its one of the best books I have EVER read.. really opens your eyes as to how much the human race is capable of and how important it is to want something "really fucking bad." Would definitely up that in my "to-read list" if I were you ;)

@Pilgrimage of Self

I just finished it recently! He is one of my favorite inspirational people to follow! I ran nearly a half marathon listening to one of his Joe Rogan episodes. I will definitely be listening to him, when I am ready for a full one! I am working on getting some of the exercise in the book onto printed paper, then they will be going on my door, so I won't miss them.

6 hours ago, Pilgrimage of Self said:

"book"

Lol I am interested to see what it contains. 

@Keyhole She is really smart! She gets into trouble with it fairly often too. She likes to figure out how to get under a flimsy fence that blocks off some of the grass. That and she will dig holes and such. But a lot of the time she will start to learn new tricks somewhat the same day depending on the difficulty and how I can show her how to do it. I never enjoyed having dogs until I got her. Definitely an awesome pet to have around. 

I love orange cats. It is a good color and I can imagine rusty has a good rust color to it lol. 

We are going to work on the German Shepard's diet more, so I will reference your post in the future. Thank you!  

1 hour ago, Keyhole said:

56310225_10157012387643798_1508067462640304128_n.jpg

aww what a cutie. 

Thanks, I know that it does wonders and I tried it in the past with my dog but it gave her a bacterial infection in her gut and she got bloody diarrhea so I feed her a different diet.  I tried on two separate occasions.

I've seen some skepticism and stories on the Facebook group but i hear it's very similar to how humans have to adjust or transition into new diets, unique to the individual dog requiring a certain adjustment protocol involving fasting (which is actually very normal for most animals to do naturally). I believe dogs, like other animals, have a species specific diet, but through processed foods and various other treatments, they've gone down the same road as humans so it can take some time to get on track.

I recall someone asking about the most organic/cleanest commercial dog food brands and whether that'd be enough for their dogs vitality but the response was no, possibly the main reason being fat content.

If not I recommend a very high quality supplement like Solid Gold or Nupro.  My family has been using Nupro for 12 years now and our dogs do not get itch spots, hair loss, loose stools, ear infections and their teeth stay pretty good for a long time.

That's awesome, I dont own a dog but having worked with so many the past few years i encountered some sad situations with great frustration from dogs and their owners going back to the vet time and time again but never reaching high quality health for their dog 

Just like with humans, medication is not the answer, it's at best, a short term solution  

Edited by DrewNows

16 minutes ago, Keyhole said:

I might be open to trying a premade raw diet instead of doing it myself and testing to see what her response on it is.  If she has no more issues on the diet, then it would perhaps be something that I did wrong when introducing a new food, or something.

Hmm yeah i am not sure but i'd probably incorporate extensive fasting. I will purchase this book, personally, as I am highly motivated to encourage dog owners to step out of the current modality of health. Detox can take over a year, even for dogs, so im sure it's quite the journey to witness. This will also encourage people to question their own eating choices/behaviors and beliefs as they see the powers of detox and potential for living free of health concerns

Vet visits will be as important as going to the dentist for those who understand and practice detoxification, only necessary in emergencies 

38 minutes ago, Keyhole said:

You work w dogs?  Nice. 

mostly part time self employed, primarily walking, boarding and sitting, also some off leash walking packs, a sort of training exercise for some :)

44 minutes ago, Keyhole said:

I used to work at dog daycares and pet hotels.  It was a lot of fun, also sometimes weird. 

why was it weird? I recall going to a pet daycare to apply and never went back with the application, im not sure why xD

@Keyhole Oh wow I didn’t realize this woman (author of Nomorevetbills) is on YouTube, ill share in case you’re interested in hearing more about her philosophy 

@Keyhole The egg would probably be a good doable start. Not sure if those are easy to obtain with the current issues haha. She is over a year old now. I probably need to invest some time to learn how to train her better, but she seems to learn. I usually just get frustrated, when we walk 6 miles and she smells the grass and ground and stops a lot. But it is getting better. She doesn't tug or anything like that usually. If we are jogging she does really well. So far I can let her off the leash and she is doing great with that. 

I have a big 16 pound cat called Angle that is fun. We have a recliner that has heat and massage and I turn it on for him usually daily lol. I should probably see if he could eat any better because it seems like even without overfeeding him or anything he is quite large. 

Might place some more in stocks for several years, perhaps try putting more into CD's.

I've started growing microgreens, fruit, vegetables, all kinds of trees on 9 acres of land with a tiny house. It only took 10k to build and I'm thoroughly pleased with how it's completely off grid. 

@Armand I might do some bonds and those sorts in the future, but trying to scoop up deals myself mostly right now. I am into cryptocurrency as well.

I have been doing a little indoor growing with lettuce and it has been pretty fun. I can imagine being fully off grid would be awesome. That sounds like a really awesome low cost life style. Did you build the house too?