JevinR

Can Enlightenment Solve All Of Lifes Problems?

16 posts in this topic

Moojiji said to look in for all the answers, that humans are looking outwards. Can enlightenment be the end all be all? Can it fix all my neurosis' and problems and reveal me to all the answers one seeks, or is just connecting to the authentic self rather than the ego and operating from their? 

34 minutes ago, JevinR said:

Can enlightenment be the end all be all? Can it fix all my neurosis' and problems

No.

Edited by Toby

If you were to take a path that leads to enlightenment I would suggest that those things would very likely disappear whilst you are on the path.

Enlightenment does 'solve' anything. What it does do is change your perception in a way that 'problems' no long exist. But to understand this you have to understand what a 'problem' is. What suffering is. What neurosis is.

All your problems and suffering in life come from your distorted perceptions of reality due to your agenda-biased mind and the way it projects itself on to the external world. Enlightenment is effectively the raising of awareness to the degree that you see your own distorted thinking for for it is and ultimately see beyond it. You become aware of 'what is' and as a consequence you stop seeing the world from your own self-agenda and see it instead from a place of heightened awareness. Which, in itself will be curative of many of your life issues. Why? The answer to that will only come as you raise your awareness and see for yourself.

The only way out of your neuroses and suffering in life is to aquire high enough awareness to see beyond them at what is real. This is the path of enlightenment.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

2 hours ago, JevinR said:

Moojiji said to look in for all the answers, that humans are looking outwards. Can enlightenment be the end all be all? Can it fix all my neurosis' and problems and reveal me to all the answers one seeks, or is just connecting to the authentic self rather than the ego and operating from their? 

Enlightenment reveals that NOTHING is a problem, but all is play of consciousness. Also, it makes one realize that there is no answer to be had as there are no questions. Most questions arise from different levels of desire - (roughly) either for things to be different (problems), or for things to move forward (projections). 

I'd compare this a bit with an alcoholic. When they go to meetings, they never say, "hello, my name is John and I was an alcoholic", but "...I AM...". So using that analogy, one could say that the first few days and weeks and months, it is complicated, as all the old triggers have to be worked through. In time, with years and awareness and compassion, they lose all power. STILL, as long as in human form, a continuous vigilance is needed, as deeper buried triggers may get in at any time. 

:) 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

3 hours ago, JevinR said:

Mooji is right, the problem is that human identities are trying to define something that they have no experience in, speculation, assumptions, beliefs,  the reason that Mooji is right is because to be enlightened one lives and functions in the moment of now, in a complete state of present conscious awareness, and in that there is no problems, no pain, no sorrow only peace, happiness, joy, in knowing who and what you are and that you are cleansing the quantum memory that is controlling your life and keeping you bound as a human identity.  

within all of consciousness, all knowledge and experience of consciousness up until this moment exists, the problem is you have no access to that.  the human identity has butchered the true meaning of most everything because of a lack of real experience.  there is the experience of the human identity, which doesnt mean a lot as its experience is from programing, false belief, and a warped perception of everything around it, so what does its experience really mean.  for your experience to be real it will have to be experienced as a realized being, because that is the only place reality can be seen.  reality is never seen by the human identity.

2 hours ago, charlie2dogs said:

within all of consciousness, all knowledge and experience of consciousness up until this moment exists, the problem is you have no access to that.  

I resonate with this a lot. Now, since the weekend, I have become aware of how much of an unconscious and ignorant person I am. I thought I knew something, but it's only now I realize that I truly know nothing.  Even all my life experience as an ego pales into insignificance as just flimsy knowledge at best. Its so much easier to take an objective view on my behaviour too and see it for what it is without too much involvement. I get the feeling that lif long patterns can fall away now without the struggle. The good part is that as I come to this realization I'm actually learning more from the inside. I was just saying to a friend earlier that I will probably never read another book again! Which sounds a bit extreme, but those who know will know this feeling.   

Edited by Mal

1 hour ago, Mal said:

I resonate with this a lot. Now, since the weekend, I have become aware of how much of an unconscious and ignorant person I am. I thought I knew something, but it's only now I realize that I truly know nothing.  Even all my life experience as an ego pales into insignificance as just flimsy knowledge at best. Its so much easier to take an objective view on my behaviour too and see it for what it is without too much involvement. I get the feeling that lif long patterns can fall away now without the struggle. The good part is that as I come to this realization I'm actually learning more from the inside. I was just saying to a friend earlier that I will probably never read another book again! Which sounds a bit extreme, but those who know will know this feeling.   

just having this kind of attitude will open doors to a deeper understanding of the inner real self, and yes i know the feeling about the books it has gotten very hard for me to read a book anymore i have about 5 unfinished, i would like to complete just because i thought they were important then and maybe there is still something in them that can make a difference.  one can only become the master from within, everything one needs for that is there and once that is realized it makes it hard to read books or even listen to the opinions of other people when you are experiencing reality of the real self

@JevinR Awareness helps you to notice the root cause of all those neurosis and by noticing that you are becoming more free. Any of that comes from identity. Understanding that you are not just your mind and your body makes those identity-fears irrelevant.

But it won`t give you all the answers you seek for.

from logical point of view Enlightenment means realization of no-self, so it means that  if the "YOU" is just a belief then all your problems are beliefs too. So if your problem for example lack of money then Enlightenment do not make you rich but simply make you aware that you don't need to be rich, but of course you need to earn money for the sake of the body's survival, I mean lets be real here. 9_9

In my view it will provide the platform from which all answers can potentially be seen.

Edited by Lha Bho
Because Dragons

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Do you guys know those swearword filters that are used in certain forums? When you want to write "fuck you" it displays something like "#### you". I would like to introduce this filter to this forum and ban the word "enlightenment" once and for all. too many people here get so horny when talking about enlightenment.  and in the end it has basically no meaning. it is the emptiness itself, if you think about it. and still people make it something bigger than it is. same structures like in a religion fo example christianity. there was a jesus and he was a good guy, so let's make up some stories and tell it to people. now we have billions of idiots believing that crap. but we all forget what the center of the belief is. it is to be a good guy, like jesus. the standards of being a good guy are defined by jesus and probably some other people who came before or after him.

On 6/27/2016 at 2:44 PM, Mal said:

What happened during the weekend?

On 6/27/2016 at 11:22 AM, charlie2dogs said:

just having this kind of attitude will open doors to a deeper understanding of the inner real self, and yes i know the feeling about the books it has gotten very hard for me to read a book anymore i have about 5 unfinished, i would like to complete just because i thought they were important then and maybe there is still something in them that can make a difference.  one can only become the master from within, everything one needs for that is there and once that is realized it makes it hard to read books or even listen to the opinions of other people when you are experiencing reality of the real self

i just got tingly