Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arzack

Is this forum too stuck on the mind?

6 posts in this topic

I've been reading threads on this forum for months and my impression is that the common "trend" is to write and glorify "rational explanations of enlightenment". 

Anyone with a high enough IQ can appreciate these explanations and get a kind of subtle ego satisfaction from it.

The problem is that this sort of satisfaction (like any other, recreational drugs included) is making us COMPLACENT like those "un-spiritual sheeps" we regard ourselves superior to.

Attaining enlightenment is an "experiential process", nothing wrong with getting inspired about nice words, but let's not get too complacent about it, shall we?

Edited by Arzack

@Arzack we can always just start talking in riddles about the Absolute instead of being so straightforward with it.  But we should just be saying "get off the forum and do the work!"

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Arzack we can always just start talking in riddles about the Absolute instead of being so straightforward with it.  But we should just be saying "get off the forum and do the work!"

❤️

I would say that questions that beg distracting answers are good in their correct place. Someone who asks a question with the wrong trajectory can get an answer that reveals that they are asking questions in the wrong diretion

well put! 

EGO can sneak in and hatch in the places that nobody even give a bit of thinking towards it. 

and that could even be this forum.

as a matter of fact, unconsciousness can manifest itself in the form of consciousness. that's why I've never liked the idea of putting the name of "self-actualized person" over me. once that's done, I'd be no longer be able to grow more in terms of consciousness. so you can log into the forum of consciousness actualized but you can find red flags of EGO in every corner of it! 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

4 hours ago, Arzack said:

Anyone with a high enough IQ can appreciate these explanations and get a kind of subtle ego satisfaction from it.

There is recognition of being, in knowing, in feeling, if you will. It would seem like IQ plays a role, but beyond that ceiling it is seen that it does not. “You’d” have to “go” beyond that ceiling to recognize this. Otherwise its a “paradox”. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I don't know. I keep being surprised by the amount of knowledge there is to understand about enlightenment. I expected it to be an effortless path toward simplicity, but it seems that deconstructing thoughts necessary to the survival of our ego is just as hard as creating them. You say we need a high IQ to follow through the explanations here but is there a way to know about low intelligence people and the density of their ego? I.e. if we define intelligence to be the speed at which the ego can shape itself (ignoring the quality of the content), then there is this bias such as people might not share their own experience of self with the same amount of accuracy between IQ range. I expected low levels of intelligence to be low ego but since it's easy to stop being an idiot this days (except for me) with CDP-Choline, Omega 3, Mg, optimal diet, nootropics and psychedelics. I observed the exact opposite on myself: with more intelligence the ego realizes its efforts are selfish and never-ending which leads to spirituality either from despair, boredom or curiosity. Although I don't think it correlates that way, I don't understand the deep nature of the ego.

I like the fact Leo and this place embrace rational thinking on karma and metaphysics, as well as being aware on its own limits. It's uncommon this days and more interesting than most science in the sense that we don't just assume everything to be coincidence. It's like the theory only get simpler until you become the theory. Having a system-oriented mindset doesn't even require thinking about what the universe is, but also what it could be. It means the problem can be solved with pure creativity, which didn't occur to me before. It's fun and doesn't seem to be just for the sake of feeling superior. The concept of hierarchy between yourself doesn't hold very long.

Not to mention, Leo reveals explicitly on some of his videos that one of his goal is to go "as deep as possible", potentially leaving aside the intention of having the widest audience (This might not be exactly what he meant so don't quote this). People only interested in the experimental aspect can always discard what they don't want to follow as another inconsequential layer.

Edited by gswva