Dazgwny

This virus

67 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, unicity said:

Anna1 I can't speak for others but I thought it was quite funny

1 minute ago, unicity said:

....maybe one has to be a bit twisted to fully enjoy it, I don't know.

Oic, I wasn't sure by your comment?

I'm definitely a bit twisted. I think it's from my days working in an ER. I'd be working a trauma alert one minute,  then eating lunch laughing it up the next. It takes a certain type of person. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

in a situation like that humor is sometimes the only way of coaping - usually doctors and nurses have kind of a dry humor because they also have to coap with illness and death on a daily basis. when it gets really bitter usually humor gets a little bitter, too. being able to laugh in times of crisis can release us from a contracted fear based state of being - its a tool to navigate between what threat is and what kind of fear cloud threat creates. although this is very important for survival of those who are at the frontline of an everyday fight, humor used in a different context of course can marginalize the situation as it is not taken as severe enough. yesterday for example going grocery shopping locking my bike a group of guys walked past me much to close and one of them coughed intentionally - that’s a different kind of humor which is less funny as its downplaying the severeness of the situation - if their mother or father get infected these kind of guys will be the first ones to cry and fear for their lifes (i know because these kind of guys who hang around in groups usually still have a family heart). i still laughed a little though.

regarding keeping humor in times of crisis though - the best example i saw some weeks ago was a video of a syrian dad who teached his maybe three or four year old daughter to laugh everytime they would hear an explosion. 

Edited by remember

@remember

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1 I have watched this as well.:)

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

Just now, Galyna said:

@Anna1 I have watched this as well.:)

It's awesome, yes?

– Swami Chinmayananda