mikeyy

Awarness

8 posts in this topic

So the reason for meditation is to create a strong distinction between thoughts and awareness and i think i become unaware alot while im meditating almost like the thought is me and im not nonjudgementally whatching the thought. How do i correct this to strengthen my awareness? 

Just keep sitting every day and practicing. You can't force it. In fact forcing it will have the exact opposite effect. 

@mikeyy It can be difficult, especially once you become aware that you're thinking, it seems like suddenly the thoughts stop for a few moments! 

Meditation isn't usually perfect awareness, it's about that whole process of dipping out of your thoughts and watching them, to getting back in and lost and unaware again. You just have to not brute force and think about failure, instead just realise it's the whole process. The in and the out. 

@Saarah Yea for real right when im aware of a thought it disappears. Ok ill just accept it then i just wanted to make sure i was still strengthening my awareness. Thanks

@mikeyy intend to be aware, rest in awareness, be awareness, make awareness the purpose of your maditation, so that your awareness and peace level will continously and naturally increase while your thought and ego power decreases.

If you cant be just aware, observe all perceptions that come like feeling or hearing  while being aware of the perceiver with focus on awareness, but dont think too much about it, but trust your inner wisdom that it knows what to do and practice with continuity.

Once you realize how joyful it is to rest in awareness, you are hooked to it.

Good luck with it

Peace

Edited by Light_Ray

@mikeyy awareness alone is curative sound file might help saying it over and over

Certainly is grounding me and I'm being much aware of my body 

@mikeyy

Today I was tensioned and restless in meditation and couldnt stay aware, too. In this case I notice that its best for me to focus on the feelings, emotions, unpleasant sensations in the body, so that they melt away and I become calm and then I can more easily be aware of pure consciousness. Maybe this helps you, too.

I would be interested how you handled your obstacle of losing awareness and what helped yo.

Good luck, peace

Edited by Light_Ray

@mikeyy

On 23/06/2016 at 11:47 PM, mikeyy said:

So the reason for meditation is to create a strong distinction between thoughts and awareness and i think i become unaware alot while im meditating almost like the thought is me and im not nonjudgementally whatching the thought. How do i correct this to strengthen my awareness? 

For me it is not about creating a "distinction between thoughts and awareness" it is purely about awareness of thoughts. When they come I don't care, I am just practising being aware that they came and they dissolve pretty quickly (often making me laugh!).

I am not sure but it looks like you might be fighting thought and it was better for me to not do that. I think I hear "what you fight (resist) gets stronger".