Jo96

Am I going anywhere by meditating a few times a day for 30 minutes?

31 posts in this topic

@Jo96 Yes daily meditation is cumulative in many beneficial ways (google it :) ).  This is just one person’s words / opinion for you, I recognize that. Given that, my suggestion to you is meditate daily, and write about feelings in a journal, and start a dream board. Also, never listen to anything anyone says, which does not resonate with you in feeling. If it feels off, or “bad”, or “evil” to you, or discouraging, or ignorant  - listen to your feeling which tells you so. Often people are consumed by the emotions they are suppressing, which causes thinking to go into overdrive-compensation mode. Essentially, making up stories of reality a hundred different bizarre ways, chalked full of assumptions, rather than allowing purification / releasing suppressed emotion, and thriving in life. “Hell” isn’t a real place, it’s suffering / the perpetuation of ignorance in terms of emotional intelligence primarily. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Jo96 How long have been you been meditating?

What are your goals with spiritual practice?

Have you thought about trying psychs?

On 7-3-2020 at 1:13 PM, Arzack said:
So the best advice is to take high doses (not smoked) and lock yourself with a lock with timer and handcuffs to something solid. BUY A LOCK WITH TIMER [like this one] (https://www.amazon.com/Hours-Max-Timing-Lock-Rechargeable/dp/B07G2BBDPM) (set it to 1-2 hours for rectal 5-Meo, 4-5 for LSD/mushrooms) AND LOCK YOURSELF TO IT WITH HANDCUFFS LOCKED TO SOMETHING SOLID.

That made me laugh at first, and just a little afterwards I was like 'oh yes of course!'. I could have thought of this myself, but not actually had the idea to actually implement this. Really good tip honestly, because I've been skipping and putting off many opportunities for heavier psychedelic sessions because I didn't want to do crazy things again. I have a tendency to call people on their phone for help when things get hot lol, which isn't a good idea and have some fears that I could commit suicide

Edited by Waken

from my experience no, 20 minutes a day for 4 years
it does tiny difference if any whatsoever ... 
I don't meditate 2 months now and there is no difference that I can easily tell

overated as fuck by a western culture - propably becasue people want to market it and sell it for money of course,

but you should still do it, cuz it's beatiful foru yourself but also tough (you do nothing yet it is challenging - you will see)

I want to make vipassana10 days to see, is the time duration factor important

but don't expect much,
it's not radical change of life

On 3/7/2020 at 1:14 PM, Raptorsin7 said:

@Jo96 How long have been you been meditating?

What are your goals with spiritual practice?

Have you thought about trying psychs?

I’ve been meditating for quite sometime.  I was introduced to it when I was maybe 4 years old since my family was Buddhist. I am no longer Buddhist as I have shed that lense. My goals are to view and see the beauty in reality and to live fully 100 percent of the time or as much as possible. I want things to be magical and to sink into every moment and to love and to feel everything without being so much in my own bubble all the time. I also would if possible awaken to some kind of truth about the nature of myself or reality or whichever. I have listened to a lot of Leo’s videos and to me what he says makes intellectual sense but then again I go back and forth with doubt and have realized that there is no real way for me to know unless I try to see it myself.  Of course I’m also very afraid to die and My mind is always changing and my thought patterns. So sometimes I’ll go through periods of time when my reality feels almost timeless and my thoughts cease  and it feels just magical with a buzzing sensation above my head and forehead and then other times reality feels very normal. For a while I was chasing these states but recently I’ve come to realize these too are also illusions and there is no state I need to ever be in and that the nature of things is constant change. I’ve done shrooms and lsd a few times although to be honest I have my doubts about these substances and it feels similar to the states of consciousness I can access through meditation where that it feels like I’m just chasing a state.  

I took a break from meditation for this reason but to be honest it all seems very random. I’m not sure I have any control of when I awaken. I do also have some personal bias against religion, the hippy  community,acid people , spirtual people or really any kind of group that thinks the same way about something or is self labeling. Not in a negative way like I hate them or feel any kinda animosity, I just always get the sense after spending some time with groups of people it’s all coming from ego. Leo seems kinda different because he holds himself to a high standard in life and is self following for his path. I admire that but sometimes I’m not certain of those who follow him. It’s all very confusing. Not sure where to start or what I can follow or what I can do.. 

Edited by Jo96

On 3/7/2020 at 7:14 AM, Nahm said:

@Jo96 Yes daily meditation is cumulative in many beneficial ways (google it :) ).  This is just one person’s words / opinion for you, I recognize that. Given that, my suggestion to you is meditate daily, and write about feelings in a journal, and start a dream board. Also, never listen to anything anyone says, which does not resonate with you in feeling. If it feels off, or “bad”, or “evil” to you, or discouraging, or ignorant  - listen to your feeling which tells you so. Often people are consumed by the emotions they are suppressing, which causes thinking to go into overdrive-compensation mode. Essentially, making up stories of reality a hundred different bizarre ways, chalked full of assumptions, rather than allowing purification / releasing suppressed emotion, and thriving in life. “Hell” isn’t a real place, it’s suffering / the perpetuation of ignorance in terms of emotional intelligence primarily. 

I’ve heard dream board and journaling a lot here. What do you think the process is for these? What is beneficial about putting in the discipline to do these daily? 

8 hours ago, Waken said:

That made me laugh at first, and just a little afterwards I was like 'oh yes of course!'. I could have thought of this myself, but not actually had the idea to actually implement this. Really good tip honestly, because I've been skipping and putting off many opportunities for heavier psychedelic sessions because I didn't want to do crazy things again. I have a tendency to call people on their phone for help when things get hot lol, which isn't a good idea and have some fears that I could commit suicide

Same here. Every time I tripped alone I ended up calling somebody else which is essentially not trip alone. The one time I took enough to almost break through I remember I was feeling myself die and was convinced I’d never return to earth and I heard the voices of all the people on earth fade to whispers and terror gripped me. So I fought it. I fought it so hard I vaguely remember trying to fight somebody and throwing things. I remember thinking I was in some terrible nightmare and the only way to wake up was kill myself. Luckily I gained some sense before it happened. But after this I’m scared to do it again. 

6 minutes ago, Jo96 said:

I’ve heard dream board and journaling a lot here. What do you think the process is for these? What is beneficial about putting in the discipline to do these daily? 

Simple: You forget things! It is so useful to be able to look back on where you were a few days, weeks, even years ago. It also helps you get a sense of progress / development over time. 

Many thoughts come and go, and instead of trying to remember the good ones, write them down! I'm pretty sure Leo has a video about this.

Edited by SamueLSD

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

2 minutes ago, Jo96 said:

So I fought it

Big mistake... if you ever try psychedelics again, I would say slowly build up to the larger doses, it really pays off. 

And never try to think yourself out of a situation while on psychedelics, they tend to skew your thoughts :S , Intuition is your ally .

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

2 hours ago, Jo96 said:

There a lot of info here . :) 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I've read a part about meditation from the books 'Conversation with God'. I regard the books in high esteem so I'll paste it. I'll put it in a separate post because perhaps it's a good read for more people.