lbranjord

Depersonalization & Disassociation

11 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Looking to hear your experiences. I also spent years on shadow-work, meditation, self-inquiry, you name it. FInding out what "this is" has been my greatest and only real passion for a few years at least. Even hints of it were in my childhood. It has really worked to transform my identification so far. I have very low fear and great contentment. My judgments are vastly lower than previously in life.  My life is going great all around. 

During a few moments though in recent years though, I've had moments where i feel kind of invisible or disconnected to a frightening degree for about half hour or an hour. It's almost like instant dread and voices and sounds come in that aren't normally there. Even music. It's uncomfortable and not invited. I feel like i'm becoming lost in somewhere else. Then it goes away after awhile. 

Perhaps i'm going to something that I need more preparation for.

Anyone else experienced this? 

Thanks 

-Logan

Edited by lbranjord

Your environment might not be stimulating your sense of hearing enough.

Do you live in at a quiet place? Do you live alone? Do you listen to music or podcasts etc. when you are at your place? Where do this episodes take place? I am betting that at your home right? The voices sound and music that you hear is like someone quickly spinning the dial of the radio?

I think you mean something similar of where you are falling asleep and you get strange internal dialogues with different voices, or sometimes it can be music ,songs that you have never heard of and do not exist, my guess is that you are to relaxed and your body is not attentive enough to stuff around you, which draws you closer to semi sleep state. 

Don't think that you should worry about it, but having more focus awareness to your surroundings should fix it. 

Edited by purerogue

4 minutes ago, purerogue said:

I think you mean something similar of where you are falling asleep and you get strange internal dialogues with different voices, or sometimes it can be music ,songs that you have never heard of and do not exist, my guess is that you are to relaxed and your body is not attentive enough to stuff around you, which draws you closer to semi sleep state. 

Don't think that you should worry about it, but having more focus awareness to your surroundings should fix it. 

purerogue - yeah it did come on spontaneously i didnt feel particularly relaxed at the time i was just at work coding. But then what you say is correct sounding, felt like that pre-sleep hypnotic state except while i was awake. Exactly like that. 

14 minutes ago, lbranjord said:

purerogue - yeah it did come on spontaneously i didnt feel particularly relaxed at the time i was just at work coding. But then what you say is correct sounding, felt like that pre-sleep hypnotic state except while i was awake. Exactly like that. 

Hard to put words on it, I mean you can probably not fell that relax , it is more like some part of your mind is, there are all kind of strange states of mind, no need to panic over them, just check which actions draw you out of it and inside it. 

Edited by purerogue

Thanks everyone - since this strange episode - I've been much more at peace and sometimes the strange state comes yet I do not have a panic over it and I'm perfectly able to function as I need to. 

I think @purerogue was accurate saying that it's similar to pre-sleep hallucinations and I just needed to operate a little more awareness in those moments. 

@lbranjord What specific symptoms do you have from DP/DR?

DP/DR, is the dark night of the soul, the ego being afraid of the nothingness and being ripped into pieces during every episode.

On 2/20/2020 at 6:35 PM, lbranjord said:

Hey all,

Looking to hear your experiences. I also spent years on shadow-work, meditation, self-inquiry, you name it. FInding out what "this is" has been my greatest and only real passion for a few years at least. Even hints of it were in my childhood. It has really worked to transform my identification so far. I have very low fear and great contentment. My judgments are vastly lower than previously in life.  My life is going great all around. 

During a few moments though in recent years though, I've had moments where i feel kind of invisible or disconnected to a frightening degree for about half hour or an hour. It's almost like instant dread and voices and sounds come in that aren't normally there. Even music. It's uncomfortable and not invited. I feel like i'm becoming lost in somewhere else. Then it goes away after awhile. 

Perhaps i'm going to something that I need more preparation for.

Anyone else experienced this? 

Thanks 

-Logan

This is not depersonalization.  Depersonalization is an actual loss of the sense of self.  It is enlightenment in that your identity with the self - the false self, is lost.  Yet at the same time it is not enlightenment in that identity with awareness itself is not realized.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

30 minutes ago, softlyblossoming said:

@Inliytened1 From the bottom of my long lost information overloaded heart, thanks for clearing this up.

No worries

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.