All Criticism Is Untenable

By Leo Gura - January 8, 2018 | 8 Comments

Why all criticism is delusion

Come join the Forum! Meet like-minded people & transform your life.
Daniel says:

Leo, been watching you for over 2 year’s now and never get bored of you. If you dont stand for something, you’re going to fall for anything. You are the paragon of Psychology, in my books. I watch you almost every day and think about your concepts while I’m going to bed. Been meditating, journalling every day while enhancing my consciousness. I know for sure what we dwell on, is who we become, and it’s the only thing going on in my mind, and thats searching for Truth (capital T) Its not always necessary to be strong, but to feel strong, and right now I’m feeling stronger than ever.

Cristina says:

Hi, Leo

just want to wish you a great new year, you are such an amazing person, so deep and beautiful in and out. keep going on your awesome journey and let us join you along the way.

Pat says:

Just FYI the past 2 are not on podcast

Harcharan Gill says:

Blayne says:

Leo, I am looking for a little bit of clarification. Considering criticism and praise are two sides of the same coin I was curious what your feelings on praise are. Is praise “good” and therefore acceptable? Or is praise just another form of criticism and is also untenable? Or something else?
Thanks for your time.

They aren’t really two sides of the same coin.

Praise, in the sense of gratitude for a thing, is fine, and even encouraged. That would be a variant of love.

But what is untenable is if you think your praise is somehow “justified”. As in, one thing is worthy of praise but another is not. That is untenable. That never holds water under a holistic consideration.

So you can selectively praise, but just as long as you understand that EVERYTHING is worthy of praise, and that your selective praise is subjective.

There is no such thing as: this thing X is good, that thing Y is bad. It’s all infinite perfection… from the perspective of the highest levels of consciousness.

The ego-mind loves to be selective precisely because that’s what helps the ego-mind advance its self-agenda.

As you become more conscious, you will just become in awe at the marvelousness of everything, good and bad alike.

Don’t overthink praise too much. If your heart feels like praising someone, just do it and move on.

Sara says:

Even listening to you talking about how criticism is untenable makes me angry at all the criticism pointed at me

Sara says:

And also you right here you made me want to start the most successful and the greediest pharmaceutical company ever or maybe a biotech company to hurt people and to do evil just because there’s no real practical end to evil then let’s do more of it why stand against it and do as much evil as I can I really want that right now cause I’m just so angry at everything and this video just made my day to act on my evil desire, thanks a lot. now I’m like a hulk and I’m not joking