Buba

Psychoanalysis to heal

15 posts in this topic

I have been going to Psychoanalyst once a week (50 minutes) since last year's October. I would say it is more potent than meditation. In psychoanalysis we see our repressed emotions, thoughts, memories, urges which we find unpleasant and even scared of. Releasing them and reintegrating decreases our neurosis and heals us. 

On 10th January I found out my repressed side was my homosexuality :(  I still cant come to terms and still under shock. I contemplate suicide every day. Freud himself said that in psychoanalysis among male patients repressed homosexuality has the greatest resistance. But probably I will accept it over time and reintegrate it and heal.

Repressed homosexuality is a very rare thing, so dont worry. All other things are much easier to surrender to. I wish I also had any other repressed thing. Only homosexuality was unacceptable for me. Unfortunately I am not lucky.

But you will have normal repressed things and in psychoanalysis you will become free  and happy. One year psychoanalysis once a week is much stronger and helpful than one year daily one hour meditation. So go for it. But whatever you have repressed, it will be painful to reintegrate it. So the procedure is unpleasant for everyone.

Meditation is not just sitting for 1 hour! I will come after work and share many meditation techniques with deal with more subtler things than just repressed emotions, however they are quite intense that you will physically want to move. Anyhow my meditation experience is completely different! It pulled me from within and my cognition of life is so much more open, some of the patterns just fall off as the rest of them weaken. In would ask you how many meditations and types have ylu tried/know? If its only sitting for some time with your eyes closed, can you accurately say what it js about?

Edited by Applegarden

@Buba possibly every one has a different technique that works for them I guess..

Could you share about this psychoanalysis and how it works and share the step wise procedure of how it's done ?

Edited by Elton
Wanted to add in a question

On 4/6/2020 at 0:17 PM, Applegarden said:

Meditation is not just sitting for 1 hour! I will come after work and share many meditation techniques with deal with more subtler things than just repressed emotions, however they are quite intense that you will physically want to move. Anyhow my meditation experience is completely different! It pulled me from within and my cognition of life is so much more open, some of the patterns just fall off as the rest of them weaken. In would ask you how many meditations and types have ylu tried/know? If its only sitting for some time with your eyes closed, can you accurately say what it js about?

I sit and observe my breath through my nose or abdomen. It is the only meditation I know ?

On 4/16/2020 at 7:25 PM, Elton said:

@Buba possibly every one has a different technique that works for them I guess..

Could you share about this psychoanalysis and how it works and share the step wise procedure of how it's done ?

Psychoanalysis is conducted by a professional psychoanalytic. You speak, he listens to you and sometimes asks questions and after some time you yourself start to see what you are hiding. It can take several months.

7 minutes ago, Buba said:

I sit and observe my breath through my nose or abdomen. It is the only meditation I know ?

Psychoanalysis is conducted by a professional psychoanalytic. You speak, he listens to you and sometimes asks questions and after some time you yourself start to see what you are hiding. It can take several months.

Thank you for the info.

Why don't you try this technique called the do nothing technique. It's a super technique to release thoughts you are hiding

1. Sit with your spine stretched straight.

2. Get comfortable in a place no one will disturb you.

3. Set your timer for 5/10/15/20/25/30/60 min or more whichever you are comfortable with.

4. Do nothing.

As you do nothing, you will notice a lot of thoughts in the form of voices images or body sensations.

As you become aware of them do nothing just allow them to occur..

As you see hear or feel them don't try to manipulate them don't try to resist them just be aware of it .. and that's it..please check out the vedio on actualized.org for better understanding.

Use your breathing technique to get settled and them do this until your alarm goes off

Hey Buba 

am glad to know that psychoanalysis is helping and I think that meditation it will be a perfect complement to your development they complement each other so keep on going :)

I can understand having a non normative sexuality can be hard, and from my perspective is better to release those repress feelings and embrace your sexuality how ever it is or looks like, be in peace with it, learn and give it a chance to make you free, I had also mix feelings when I feel attracted to women, but I have found that there's beautiful people out there that will love you and accept  you just the way you are, bring that love to yourself don't judge those feelings or keep them repress be at peace with them and go on on the journey that your are already taking, I wish you lots of love and healing.

B.

Edited by belen

On 19/02/2020 at 3:51 AM, Buba said:

One year psychoanalysis once a week is much stronger and helpful than one year daily one hour meditation.

Well, first of all, this depends on person-to-person.

I personally have adapted really well with psychoanalysis as well, but some people might benefit more from meditation.

On 19/02/2020 at 3:51 AM, Buba said:

On 10th January I found out my repressed side was my homosexuality :(  I still cant come to terms and still under shock. I contemplate suicide every day.

Did you tell that to your therapist? What did he/she said?

one day this will all be memories

On 4/22/2020 at 3:20 PM, Elton said:

Do nothing.

As you do nothing, you will notice a lot of thoughts in the form of voices images or body sensations.

As you become aware of them do nothing just allow them to occur..

As you see hear or feel them don't try to manipulate them don't try to resist them just be aware of it .. and that's it..please check out the vedio on actualized.org for better understanding.

Use your breathing technique to get settled and them do this until your alarm goes off

have you ever familiar of how does certain Yogis or enlightened sages tend to incorporate any form of pain or discomfort in order to increase the difficulty level of meditation?. I even heard some people used to meditate while they get themselves suspended upside down. also like, meditating in some extreme temperature of heat.

So, can we add any such form of pain to increase intensity (as stoic does!), not trying such thing yet but just curious!.

Repression, or current judgement? 

Why judge? Belief in validation.

Why seek validation? Feels good.

What feels better?

You. Being you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@innerchild I am aware about this because on Netflix I saw a docu 

serieson Budda and his prime directive of life was to end suffering, so as he was searching gurus in his journey he came across people who thought  if you go extreme with suffering then eventually you won't feel any suffering, so he would eat one grain of rice and not have water for days to transcend suffering, only to realise from one young girl who told him that if he would have a body he could end suffering...

So he choose the middle way from that time ... And changed his way to transcend suffering...

Ultimately he had a break through and attained enlightenment. 

(I don't know what is enlightenment) 

I have just told you a story I saw.

On 4/23/2020 at 3:34 AM, kag101 said:

Well, first of all, this depends on person-to-person.

I personally have adapted really well with psychoanalysis as well, but some people might benefit more from meditation.

Did you tell that to your therapist? What did he/she said?

He says the therapy is going well ?

2 hours ago, Buba said:

He says the therapy is going well ?

But do you feel like you're improving with this topic? That is, do you feel like you're in the process of accepting your sexuality?

On 4/25/2020 at 10:04 PM, kag101 said:

But do you feel like you're improving with this topic? That is, do you feel like you're in the process of accepting your sexuality?

Yes, despite my resistance I see I will accept it totally one day.

17 hours ago, Buba said:

Yes, despite my resistance I see I will accept it totally one day.

That's great!

I went through something similar in psychoanalysis. It takes time to heal sexuality...

6 hours ago, kag101 said:

That's great!

I went through something similar in psychoanalysis. It takes time to heal sexuality...

Freudian psychoanalysis is based on sexuality.