wanna155

Caffeine Intake

24 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Lynnel said:

Excuse me but how in the world did you come to those conclusions ?

Yes it sounds coherent on paper but how would anything you consume amplify resonance with a certain spiral dynamic stage ? Isn't that too far-stretched ?

Its a stretch in the sense it is inherently an abstraction, since spiral dynamics is only a model, but a fun thought experiment to observe how different stages generally tend to view or use caffeine. Ton of variance in how each individual no matter what stage they most fall under will use caffeine though. I don't think he was jumping to any conclusions, just sharing ideas. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

On 2/22/2020 at 5:19 PM, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Its a stretch in the sense it is inherently an abstraction, since spiral dynamics is only a model, but a fun thought experiment to observe how different stages generally tend to view or use caffeine. Ton of variance in how each individual no matter what stage they most fall under will use caffeine though. I don't think he was jumping to any conclusions, just sharing ideas. 

@Lynnel Yes I definitely agree with what @TrynaBeTurquoise - this is just my conjecture and fuzzy idea based on casual observation, not to be taken as hard fact. I mention my basis above, but to expand: 

• there was a big bump in caffeine consumption during the Western Enlightenment period - it happened at the same time as coffee began to spread around Europe, and tea consumption increased because of the growth of trade and the spread of ideas. Coffeehouses became social focal points where new philosophy was discussed. Less beer + wine.
  • In travelling the world, I notice that places that consume a lot of caffeine tend to gravitate more to the orange - you see a lot more secularism, commerce, liberalism
  • Caffeine tends to stimulate alert, rational, analytical thought in myself, and I think others might agree
  • I notice that green often discourages caffeine consumption, saying it lowers vibration and so on (which it would from their perspective, if it made people more "orange")
  • Mathematicians sometimes joke about their job being turning coffee into mathematical proofs, universities and coffee go hand-in-hand 

All this ties into the orange resonance part. The yellow part is more vague, but I think there's something to it as well. Tea is one of the few drugs that's sanctioned in buddhist contemplative practices. In Chinese culture you often hear people talk about good quality tea having a lot of chi, and you can hear perfectly rational adults talk about feeling the chi energy of the tea flowing in their bodies. 

In spiral dynamics, every second stage sits on top of the one below/above it, so there is often a lot of commonality between the pars. So in many ways blue, green and turquoise are related, and likewise red, orange, yellow are related. I see caffeine as a drug that lights of the red-orange-yellow series, with emphasis on the orange, but also a some yellow and probably less red (but a bit of that too - just thing of the angry selfish anxiety that can be easily provoked when someone has too much coffee!).

.. but yeah, just sharing ideas. Like @TrynaBeTurquoise said, spiral dynamics is just a model, there's way more variation on an individual basis anyways. It's an interesting lens to look through.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

On 2/22/2020 at 6:06 PM, Lynnel said:

how would anything you consume amplify resonance with a certain spiral dynamic stage ? Isn't that too far-stretched ?

Not at all. Many substances amplify resonance with certain energetics. Caffeine is a bit mild - consider something like adderall. For most people, adderall makes them hyper-focused on attention tasks. This is an amplification. And what type of attention tasks does it amplify? Cognitively, stuff like analyzing data (orange) and integrating data (yellow). Yet it does not amplify resonance like empathy with others. For most people, it decreases awareness toward inter-personal energetics like empathy. Most people on adderall report feeling like a robot.

A moderate dose of LSD generally amplifies different resonance. Here, empathic resonance may be amplified. A person may be walking in nature and feel like they are "one" with nature. A moderate dose of MDMA can also amplify empathic resonance with other humans. This is one reason MDMA is so powerful in PTSD therapy.

On 2/20/2020 at 1:29 AM, pluto said:

I am actually finding lately that no supplements are making me feel more sharp and pure than my natural state when i am fasting and only drinking water and consuming very light foods, fruits ect.. more so for pleasure rather than hunger. Especially when i am out in nature, i noticed substances actually make me feel less clarity, more heavy and messy vibration but when i am meditating in the forest, i am crystal clear, substances or supplements only dull my true eternal state that is perfect in itself. Mushrooms feel quite natural to me though, other things seem like a false-enlightened state. Who knows, just some observations lately.

@pluto I seem to keep reading posts of yours lately. Especially about Bashar. Guess we’re resonating on some levels hah. Anywhoos what kind of a light diet are we talking about here? Do you have any resources or links you can send me explaining a diet like this so I can read up some more on it? I’m tired of the typical diet, always feel like I’m eating the same thing. Would like to do something light but feel I may be omitting certain essential nutrients and vitamins... I did keto for a while and felt amazing. But after a while didn’t feel comfortable eating so much animal flesh. Also did intermittent fasting for a while which made me feel great, but I felt caused some anxiety/insomnia. My MD Ayurveda doctor first mentioned this to me.... Thanks, advance...