Inder

I'm stuck in my career hating everyday.

28 posts in this topic

@Gladius thats the way to go, i have uber as part time just to make money on side and i enjoy driving for uber, and also I'm working on my side project where i want to excel at. I think balance is important have something on side which sort you like and keep working on things you want.

@Inder It's really hard to fit in a lot of things like that in my experience. What kind of side project are you working at? It might be worthwhile to drop the uber and spend the time all of the side project instead.

Have you found any progress towards what you want to do? What kind of things interest you the most? 

@Average Investor As @Inder said I think it's wise to have a part-time job for many reasons: It keeps you active and in demand, you have a steady source of income and it takes pressure of your personal project.  

@Gladius If it's what they want to do, then sure. I just imagine it would be really hard to get anywhere with the side project (unsure how important it is). But assuming they want to excel at it, then that extra time might be worthwhile invested there. If they are doing regular working hours, Ub3r, and the side project seems like way too much to get anywhere with it. But maybe I missed some information in the thread. 

Edit: I see they quit the job. 

Edited by Average Investor

@Inder You haven't mentioned about what your intuition tells you do. Is it telling you to:

1. Quit 9-5 slavery and become self-employed,
  2. Quit current job and find another better job expecting it do provide better working conditions and salary, 
  3. Quit current job and go for higher studies or
  4. Anything else

We will be in a better position to address your problem, perhaps if you provide your inputs on above points.  

I get it man, you don't to feel bad so you search for another job to go to. And you think it might be better to go somewhere else. But on this one I'm going to take a conservative stand point and say that you need to stay where you are. you might not have the capital to change jobs every time you dislike it. Even if you do, you don't. If something happens and you need money you don't know if it's going to help you or not, maybr it will be even worse. And maybe better. who am I to judge that.

On 2020/2/22 at 2:41 AM, ZenBlue said:

Listen to your intuition. Your emotions are there as tools to guide you. You can on a deep level be happy and content with your life, but at the same time there may be a moment in which you experience a lot of unpleasantness. Being in pain, or hating your current situation doesn't mean you are not unconditionally happy. The idea of being unconditionally happy doesn't mean you never experience negative emotions or unpleasantness in your life ever again. Instead let go of the labels that this emotion is negative, and that emotion is positive. They are merely tools for you to use and guide you. They give you experiences and lessons to learn from. 

I agree with this. "Unconditionally happy" does not mean you have positive emotions all the time. It means that you are consciously creating your reality that you prefer. If you can move, move. If you cannot, figure out a way. If there's no way, be aware of your suffering and create a peaceful inner reality, like Nelson Mandela. 

Emotions are signals. Negative emotions are not there to make you suffer. They are pointing you to the next direction. So, "unconditionally happy" does not mean you have to be happy with a job that does not suit you or you have to be around people that abuse you. It means you welcome every situation because it is there for you to change and grow. 

@Inder I dont believe in unconditional happiness at all, you are tied to the physical world and need. In a developed country it is pretty easy to change careers, look for emerging markets and develop your network and skills, be optimistic, it will take time to change your position.

Don't stop doing the things you enjoy everyday as well, its good to escape a bit through entertainment to take your mind off the work day.