Anton Rogachevski

A Very Intresting Question

9 posts in this topic

We all know the good old saying that "happiness comes from within"

But doesn't it suggests that the so called inner world and outer world are seperate? So how does one find happiness in this illusory seperation?

Happiness most people want is out of desire. Ya know, "I WANT to  be happy." 

The happiness come within is peace from satisfaction. "Within" refers to being able to function properly without letting the external materials and social problems get into them.

Its an interesting question you have there. My opinion is that, well... for everybody to understand where happiness comes from you can say it comes from within. There are tons of people who look at the materialistic world for happiness(me included sometimes). Not everybody practices enlightenment/Meditation and are aware of what it is. for me its easy to understand that it comes from within because you can still make a conscious choice to be happy insead of becoming happy by some "outer" circumstance. Maybe the ego is taking this inner outer too far by analyzing and questioning everything in order to stay intact.

@Khin @Andre

But we always read that the self is an illusion and there's no you SEPERATE from the outer world, which means you are also the outer world. Thus "within" supposedly can be anywhere.

My theory is that while the outer and the inner are inseparable you are  simply unsynchronized with your true nature, and that seperation is exactly what keeps you from being happy. So the the happiness is the connection. 

You trying to change the outer circumstances is failing cause they don't need to change.

So the "outer world" is you! and is within! it only takes you to get out of the way and realize it.

Everything is within... within consciousness. And when that consciousness gets recognized, then true happiness can come.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

That's the difference between regular self-help and consciousness work. With consciousness work you're breaking down distinctions such as inner/outer and happy/miserable.

Happiness really only comes in a consistent way when you abolish the distinction between happiness/not-happiness, and self/other.

Imagine getting your teeth drilled and being happy. That's what it really takes to be happy. If you can't be happy in a situation like that, how can you truly ever be happy? Your happiness is really just accidental.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Imagine getting your teeth drilled and being happy. That's what it really takes to be happy. If you can't be happy in a situation like that, how can you truly ever be happy? Your happiness is really just accidental.

This is interesting, thanks for pointing it out. I have been happy for several weeks in row already and this is something I really want to think of, thanks!

When it rains, it pours like hell.
-Insomnium

My blog: dragallur.wordpress.com