Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ibn Sina

What are some ways to deal with anger?

9 posts in this topic

People make me angry all the time. I cannot beat or shout at everyone (or anyone) who offend me for reasons that are obvious.

What are some methods, ways you know to deal with the emotion of anger.

I have heard some people deal with anger by releasing it to someone else, eg after their boss makes them angry they beat their dog.

I want a better, healthier, ethical, ways to deal with anger.

Feel free to post any links , ideas, previously discussed posts.

I think one of them is meditation. Does meditation help deal with anger?

Edited by Ibn Sina

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

To understand that you can't have control on the ways of life. That things happen the way they happen and you have to just settle down and tone down your reactions and follow the principle of "first understand and then react." 

A lot of people get angry because of premature judgment or jumping to conclusions. Try to understand and listen to what the other person to saying before reacting based on your pre judgement. 

Another thing is acceptance. Accept a situation that you cannot change in the now. Not being able to accept makes you feel agitated and angry. So accept. 

Distraction. 

If the anger is building up, distract yourself with work till the anger dissipates. 

You might want to look into dietary aspects. Certain foods trigger emotions more strongly. Like sugary foods make me more emotional. Certain foods that are spicy tend to create feelings of restlessness when eaten too much. 

Check your health. Having health issues can become a precursor to anger issues. Like bp. 

Exercise reduces anger big time. Releases endorphinsd

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

As soon as you feel anger, get directly underneath it by asking the question, "How have I been hurt here?"

The anger is a false mask for hurt. Become conscious of the hurt and sit with it. Allow yourself to feel hurt.

The crucial mistake is trying to be invulnerable. Be vulnerable. That is what's true. All finite forms are vulnerable.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

A good book is I think "Peace In Times of War" by Pema Chodron

Look up the concept of Shenpa

and @Leo Gura's comment is great too. Reminds me of : The untethered soul by Michael Singer which may help you to dive deeper into his point. Because its so simply said it likely won't cut deep, but is pretty much the thing.

You create the anger yourself. Develop unattachment. Work on your self image. Contemplate what thoughts are. Notice how your heart works and how it handles your emotional energy. Self love. Make mistakes and integrate. Make persistent and continue effort each day. 

Maybe reading Non-Violent Communication  by Marshell Rosenburg Phd. could give you a framework to work from too because it breaks down what I found to be the elements of communication and emotions in how we communicate. 

Thought:

1. Realize how your personality changes with context

2. Research the concept of transference 

Leo has great episodes on anger, trolls, judgement, devilry, survival etc that are worth watching and completing. 

I've found that by feeling my anger, allowing thoughts to express themselves on certain notebooks with my reMarkable Tablet, remembering self love and it's my absolute right to make mistakes when angry, or to express anger (counter intuitive point that helps remove needless guilt as I work towards self mastery)... has helped me to understand my anger better. 

I think the most important thing is to gain awareness of the anger, to work towards understanding my desires, my identity, the things my ego identifies with, areas in my thoughts in which I am mean to myself, double standards, fears, defenses, insecurities.....

Good luck! and much love!

I still have much to learn and a lot more territory to explore. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Thanx guys for your input.

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

Does anyone know good books on Anger and how to resolve the issues? There has to be.

Glory to Israel

@Scholar There is for sure, try searching on Amazon!

I found the book Peace in Times of War to be helpful as well as the book Non-violent Communication

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

18 hours ago, Scholar said:

Does anyone know good books on Anger and how to resolve the issues? There has to be.

I found "Emotional Intelligence 101" to be quite useful. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 2/7/2020 at 0:38 PM, Ibn Sina said:

People make me angry all the time.

Happy for you that you are expressing about this. It is that single phrase right there which stands to set you free.

It is not other people, it is your thought about other people. 

That, is how you liberate from the cycle of anger. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE