StarStruck

Fear of being tortured

24 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, StarStruck said:

That is until your HARD wired survival instinct kicks in. We are all Buddhist monks until we end up in a brazen Roman bull. I get your point but I think it doesn’t apply to me. I’m not afraid of it right now but when being stuck in a torture scenario in my dreams or during a psychedelic trip it is hard to just accept it when the situation is unbearable.

Sure thing. No disagreements here.

The point is; why even be concerned about that issue (fear of the future)? One pain would already be enough for you (if you were to be sentenced to that torture scenario), so why make it many? Do you see what you're doing here? You're creating a lot of unnecessary suffering in the present moment just by thinking about your future fears. If things were to be so bad as you imagine they would, then let them be, and just endure. Obviously, you don't have to suffer right now (or ever for that matter). You actively create your suffering by resisting the pain, the thoughts, or whatever there is in the present moment.

And just to let you know, a lot of the things I thought were so bad and painful didn't feel as bad as I imagined them to be. Reality is always much more neutral than thoughts make it to seem. Thought is brutal and reality is soft. In fact, I always thought that letting go is painful, but now I know that it's the most joyful thing there is. Letting go is freedom! Break out of this imaginary jail you're living in. You can do it, you can become free.

On 2/2/2020 at 2:31 AM, StarStruck said:

it is well known?

I don't remember where I read it but it said that the torturers would usually just kill off the victim at that breaking point (where the victim would often burst out laughing), as from that point on the torture simply had no effect.

Edited by Commodent

I am myself, heaven and hell.

@StarStruck If no one focused on torture, it would not be. You are not seeing the law of attraction, for being tied up in karma. You create this fear with your focus upon it, without inspection.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

what if we can only decide by grabbing the brazen bull by the balls or being tortured within?

i don’t want to elaborate on why it has to be a roman one, although there are probably some connections to italy, in a very loose symbolic connection.