Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beginner Mind

Does God have a sense of humor?

6 posts in this topic

I'm curious... Does God itself have a sense of humor or is this just a human trait?

If you guy want to understand the depth and true nature of god, i highly suggest looking into The Tao and Taoism

Some good books are Tao Te Ching and The Tao of Nature

It will really force the mind to self-dissolve all illusory concepts and hopefully, eventually including itself.

Then you are left with isness, beingness and you start to understand the true nature of the god-head, so to speak.

B R E A T H E

The more deep I go the more I am convinced that comedy/humour is a facet of God. Just observe how many comical situations you see in everyday life. Observe how people that take themselves really serious gets served by reality when something shatters the illusion they have of themself. I have worked as a receptionist for 3 years with a lot of suit wearing "big shots" and I have seen so many hilarious situations. So yes, God (as form) has a sense of humour alright.

The ability to laugh at yourself is transcendence. It's seeing through the ridiculous gimmicks of survival with the eyes of Self Love. You can see through the gimmicks but if you feel bad about it you're still owning them. 

@Mafortu love your avatar. xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost