Forrest Adkins

Question about Channeling

16 posts in this topic

I always wondered why there is such a difference in the manner how stuff is channeled?

For example the way channeling works in the RA Contact/Law of One seems authentic to me and what I would expect. Sessions are short since it "depletes" the channeler, some stuff seems to come through distorted and various adjustments are made at the end of each session, RA often struggles to find the right words in our language which gives it a very unique way of using words.

Then there are channelers like Bashar who just talk like you and me but at least seems it to require energy from the channeler.

And then there is stuff that seems to be channeled without effort in clear language like Neale Donal Walch, Abrahama Hicks, A Course in Miracles.

Can anybody please enlighten me on why this is. I think the obvious answer might be that its all a scam but let me know what you think.

25 minutes ago, Forrest Adkins said:

I think the obvious answer might be that its all a scam but let me know what you think.

Obvious answers are often the truth. Truth is simple. You are on a good track. Question everything. Don't let channeling delude you.

channeling gets filtered through the mind matrix of the channel,  so even if two channellers were channeling the same entity, the delivery would be different. What you are looking for is the message. Of course much of it is scamming, that happens.  All entities channeled are essentially you, so don't forget that either. Again, what you are looking for is the message. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

49 minutes ago, Forrest Adkins said:

Sessions are short since it "depletes" the channeler

Start with quieting the mind in meditation, and presence throughout the day. Stomach breathing consciously is ideal.

Then contemplate in a specific “ask the question and then truly let it go’ manor. With practice, you find that in the having emptied of the question, the ‘answer’ or response indeed does arise. Practice this more. 

Overtime, it becomes clear there is not a ‘separate you’ / “the channeler”...just...you. 

Anyone can “channel”...it’s just “of” Now...while most seem to “be” in past and or future. 

Also keep in mind, it can just be a “scam”. But keep in mind, appearance, and actuality entirely, too. In the sense, do you believe your doctor, your teachers, your boss....are “not a scam”?  How do you define “scam” and “not a scam”? Now notice, intuitively, you already know the answer, regarding “scam” or not. Not all “answers” are dualistic (thought).

Sweet avatar pic btw. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I define scam as producing channeled material with malicious intent, either to make money or get attention.

I mean I can write some stuff I compile from spiritual books or self-help down right now and post it here claiming I channeled it. I could even justify it to myself that it helps people. But there is a clear difference.

Edited by Forrest Adkins

@naad @Nahm please dont derail my thread with nonduality/self-enquiry talk. Its a very clear question.

Edit: cant remove nametags on mobile 

Edited by Forrest Adkins

@Forrest Adkins I didn’t. You did. You’d be scamming yourself. It’s one of the questions to which the answer is so clear, it just get’s skipped over without consideration. Are you not “channeling” right now? Are your words “just coming from nowhere”?

Alright lets define it very dry like this: data in text form thar was intentionally not collected the way its purported to be.

I'm confused... Did you want to open a conversation about channeling or did you want to state your opinions and see who agrees with you? 

@Forrest Adkins I'm curious what your energetic orientation is here. Do you desire to intellectually determine if channeling is "real" and figure out the mechanism? Or do you actually want to experience channeling?  

5 hours ago, Forrest Adkins said:

And then there is stuff that seems to be channeled without effort in clear language like Neale Donal Walch

Key word there is "seems".

It seems that way because you don't know how much effort it took.

It took Neale Donald Walch over a year to channel the first book over many sessions. And of course his notes were heavily edited and polished. He did not just sit down and the whole booked poured out of him in one week.

You guys have to be careful with you assumptions. When you see a spiritual teacher or teaching you are only seeing the end result. You have no clue how much work was done behind the scenes and how ugly the work looked.

That's one of the reasons I'm sharing raw footage of my awakening process. It's going to look very messy when it's happening to you. It's not going be like Ekhart Tolle sitting stoicly on a chair. It's going to feel more like you're ready to put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger. But no one shows you that part.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Forrest Adkins I didn’t. You did. You’d be scamming yourself. It’s one of the questions to which the answer is so clear, it just get’s skipped over without consideration. Are you not “channeling” right now? Are your words “just coming from nowhere”?

no @nahm, but yes words are all just coming from nowhere. a question arises from nowhere. and a word arises from nowhere. there is nothing other than nowhere where words could arise from. channeling always happens out of nowhere that’s the magic about it.

5 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Forrest Adkins I'm curious what your energetic orientation is here. Do you desire to intellectually determine if channeling is "real" and figure out the mechanism? Or do you actually want to experience channeling?  

The first.

Why do some channeleres need to be in a trance and slowly get it out word by word and then others are on a stage answering questions for an audience in clear language.

I just want to simply know why that difference exists, thing else.

Why are some people great public speakers, and yet some struggle to get the words out? Why are some people amazing natural artists, and yet some need to go to classes for years and still struggle to paint something meaningful.  Why do some people take to math very easily, and some can't be bothered by it? 

There's not going to be an exact answer to this question. It's all abstract. 

The trance helps the channeler  step out of the way.  Perhaps some people can achieve that with little to no trance. Perhaps some are scammers, or are ignorantly scamming themselves.  Again, it's all about the message. Does it resonate or not? Even scammers might have something to say that resonates. If so, then who cares?  My mom has great sage advice sometimes. She doesn't claim to channel it. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

@remember What’s nowhere though? Have you experiences nowhere? ?See the ‘problem’? A “channeler” is literally channeling you. So there’s only the one way to know if it’s “legit” or “a scam”.