Alfonsoo

Some family issues

6 posts in this topic

my father was sending me to a trip with some friends(he’s not going). Everything is paid for and there really is no way to gat money back. This was paid and planned like 4 months ago. Recently I got extremely sick from the lungs. I’ve been on some medication. Also there are some money problems in the family. So I decided to not go to the trip even though it’s paid for because it’s an extremely cold climate and I’ll get even worse and I don’t want to spend more money on the trip as we can’t afford it (but my father says not to worry) this plus some other problems like missing many days of school, and I’m bout to date someone and missing out so many days is going to turn cold out thing. My father got really angry calling me ungrateful among other things. He won’t understand I don’t want him to spend money we don’t have on the trip, plus I’m really very sick and the cold won’t help. I starting o think I should go just to keep him calm. He even started to cry when I said it wasn’t a good idea to go. Only like 1000 dollars would be lost (from hotels and planes) 

what do you think I should do?  I really feel like I shouldn’t go, it isn’t that big of a deal, but is it with it having a real really big fight with my father?

Sorry for the low consciousness questions but this is a great and loving community always willing to help ❤️

It really depends on your family situation. Looking at the response from your dad, I would just go and take it easy on the trip. Perhaps just stay in the hotel. It is hard to change older people so don’t try it. 

It seems to me that there is a value conflict between money and health. Having to sacrifice your health to keep your father happy. That really sucks, man.

Looks like your father is doing this for himself (as usually people do), so, do the same and think what is best for you since no one will do it for you (not even parents). Be grateful, thank them and do what you think is the wiser decision, just don't expect him to understand anything (this is for life, actually).

Get rid of your need to feel responsible for the feelings of unconscious people, they will often pick anything to keep their dramas and victim mentality and that has nothing to do with you.

1 hour ago, Recursoinominado said:

Get rid of your need to feel responsible for the feelings of unconscious people, they will often pick anything to keep their dramas and victim mentality and that has nothing to do with you.

@Recursoinominado I love your response ! You said so much in one sentence...