Urgency

a Question and an Idea I had

10 posts in this topic

What would be a relevant rare and valuable skill in spirituality?

What are the weaknesses in spirituality that needs to be sewed?

---- 

and then i thought maybe having a high consciousness diet that is very accurately right for you 

Life purpose about high consciousness food diet restaurant which makes the food right for the consumer, making it accurate for him according to his position on the spiritual journey, based on the practice that he is doing, based on his level of consciousness, having a high consciousness diet that is very accurately right for you which is also helping you progress on the journey

6 minutes ago, Urgency said:

What would be a relevant rare and valuable skill in spirituality?

Critical thinking. This is probably the most valuable skill, in my opinion.

Critically analyse every teaching, including Leo's teachings.

Questions all the models and concepts. Question the notions of "enlightenment", "spirituality", "awakening", " high/low consciousness",  "god", etc. Question all of that. Everything you have heard or read about spirituality might be wrong.

Find your own truth through your own experience. Don't just blindly follow someone else's teachings, like Leo's.

Completely agree with @Stakres. You must be completely open-minded and find things out yourself. I have struggled with believing what spiritual teachings say and it is a HUGE trap. Leo has said this over and over again.

Peter Ralston spent his whole life questioning everything and he is an incredibly enlightened being. This is so important. You MUST start from ground zero and question your beliefs, assumptions, concepts, etc. 

@Urgency A high conscious food restaurant sounds like a good idea to me. In addition to food, you could create a high conscious spiritual atmosphere. Spiritual decorations, music etc. Perhaps have spiritual workshops as well. You may form a small spiritual society.

On the more practical side, starting and maintaining a restaurant takes it owns skills. There are financial and management skills needed.

7 hours ago, Stakres said:

Critical thinking. This is probably the most valuable skill, in my opinion.

Critically analyse every teaching, including Leo's teachings.

Questions all the models and concepts. Question the notions of "enlightenment", "spirituality", "awakening", " high/low consciousness",  "god", etc. Question all of that. Everything you have heard or read about spirituality might be wrong.

Indeed, question everything including your own current paradigm that you identify with - i.e your own identity.    But be careful not to conflate questioning with shutting out - because you won't know unless you have an open mind, and explore it fully and completely by not only reading the literature and listening to the teachings, but by doing the practices.   And the practices must be done with a complete lack of bias otherwise Truth will not reveal itself.

Absolute Truth is known experientially not through concept.  It is prior to concept.   It is Being.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Recognizing that Enlightenment is not something attained or found in the future. 

Also recognizing it's not a gaining of knowledge, but a falling away of the illusory self. 

Also the recognition that spiritual practices can actually perpetuate the belief of the illusory separate self and delay this falling away process. ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake Spiritual practices are necessary until they aren't. You cannot take an average person with no spiritual background/conceptual understanding tell them they are enlightened and expect anything good to come of it.

The practices are important. The work is necessary.

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

Also the recognition that spiritual practices can actually perpetuate the belief of the illusory separate self and delay this falling away process. ❤

You stated in another post that you did self inquiry to realize that there is no you.  That the you is merely an idea but there is nothing there.    That is what we mean.  And in doing this you experienced an awakening - but of course it wasn't the illusory self that experienced it.  Because it doesn't exist.  What realized it was experience itself.  Or, AKA Consciousness.  Or AKA God.  Because the you is an illusion which collapsed upon the realization... So who else is there to realize it?

You had to realize it Yourself not through someone telling you that it is the case.  Thus all we can do is point at it with these teachings.

Now of course, all is relative, so if you don't consider that a practice (which i believe you stated you don't) that's fine.  But most of us consider this a practice.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

45 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@VeganAwake Spiritual practices are necessary until they aren't. You cannot take an average person with no spiritual background/conceptual understanding tell them they are enlightened and expect anything good to come of it.

The practices are important. The work is necessary.

I think a lot of it has to do with how attached one is to the sense of self (illusion)

I didn't mean to tell someone their enlightened and wait around to see what happens lol..that's funny..

I meant to teach someone how to effectively see the sense of self is an illusion and to shed these layers, untangle from social conditioning and snap out of The Matrix.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

22 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

You stated in another post that you did self inquiry to realize that there is no you.  That the you is merely an idea but there is nothing there.    That is what we mean.  And in doing this you experienced an awakening - but of course it wasn't the illusory self that experienced it.  Because it doesn't exist.  What realized it was experience itself.  Or, aka Conscioisness.  Or AKA God.  Because the you is an illusion which collapsed upon the realization... So who else is there to realize it?

You had to realize it Yourself not through someone telling you what is the case.  Thus all we can do is point at it with these teachings.

Now of course, all is relative, so if you don't consider that a practice (which i believe you stated you don't) that's fine.  But most of us consider this a practice.

Yes....I know what your saying.

There is no one way and everyone is different...❤

Some people give up the seeking and turn within...

Some people finally run into the right spiritual teacher after 20 years and they wake them up.

Some people turn seeking into an identity and it can perpetuate the self illusion. 

Contradictions are common in the spiritual community... because there are Different Strokes for different illusory folks ...?

Osho took care to contradict himself with everything he said.

I'm not trying to confuse anyone I'm just asking to trust me. ❤

Sometimes The Chronic seeking can hide what was never hidden.

If something isn't working there's no hurt and mixing it up a bit....

You will not lose progress by simply changing things up...

Remember it's not a gaining it's a crumbling away. ❤

Not saying practices do not help with psychological issues and calming the body mind...

spiritual progress can look like a lot of different things....I know people that have been meditating and doing yoga and eating vegan diet for 20 years.