LaucherJunge

Discovered an interesting technique

28 posts in this topic

During my Kriya Yoga practice I recently discovered something by accident, I was just playing around with my breath and at one point took a breath as deep as possible held it in and just a moment into it just kinda push out the abdomen and right there this weird feeling happens which I would very much compare to the sensations I had trying Wim Hof breathing once, like somebody rubbed menthol under your skin and everything gets kinda tingly and cold or fresh.
It really kinda seems to put me in a completely different weird state that is hard to describe and it kinda gets more intense and more enjoyable the longer you do this. The interesting thing about it is that I had the most random memories ever come up which I didn't ever remember before and they felt kinda like it was the actual present and indescribably beautiful in some way for a tiny moment, the whole feeling of it is kinda hard to describe.
I feel like this is a technique that has some serious potential for healing yourself, just need to keep experimenting with it and if anyone wants to try this, would be glad to hear what you think about it. Probably this is nothing totally new, but I just discovered it for myself.
By the way if it seems unpleasant at first don't give up, I kinda needed a few tries till it started getting real pleasant.

So what I usually do first of all is doing the regular Ujjayi breathing for a few minutes starting to take breaths to like 95+% of your total capacity I would say and then just breathe it all out without too much tension and at one point just hold on to one of these breaths, while you are holding it fully release any tension in your abdomen kinda letting it stretch a little further and there it happens. After that I just repeat about 3-5 of these deep breaths and hold it again.
As I said the feeling I am speaking about gets more intense almost every time depending on how well you execute this I think. Also seems to be working poorly if you don't have these 3-5 breaths and seems to lose its peak intensity if you don't repeat it soon enough.
It really is like a seriously good high in a completely different way than anything else. Would also be interesting to know what this would be like on psychedelics.

Edited by LaucherJunge

I wanna emphasize the significance of this for you guys, as it seems nobody reacted to it yet but I literally have a breakthrough with this technique every other day and it changes the quality of my life significantly.
This technique just makes you body work on a completely different level!
Everything you focus on doing this is amplified and healed by doing this method with the focus on that thing.
It brought up some burried trauma and it was very easy to heal it, from what I've heard it lets you endure a lot more pain so the trauma work is pretty easy and straight forward. The biggest breakthrough with it was when I remembered moments of a past relationship and really felt love and gratitude for my ex without any attachment or anything like that just seeing how "perfect" this experience was, really kinda seeing god in that experience and how I literally live the life of my dreams, the life I would always live when I had the choice to create a life of my choice. I experience this life eternally. This experience really brought me to tears.

Further tips on the execution of the technique are, to really breathe as deeply as you can all the time and expand the belly as far as you can when you are holding the breath in, to the point that it starts hurting a little after like 45-60 mins of doing it, that's really the most important thing for some reason.
Also sitting with an erect spine seems important, didn't mention this yet I think.

Edited by LaucherJunge

@LaucherJunge Yo, nice share! Could you like do a 1. 2. 3. step description of your particular Ujjayi Pranayama technique? Especially when is the particular time you expand the belly?

I wanna know how long do you breathe in and out, do you breathe through the nose or mouth. What exercise do you do previous to Ujjayi? Is it Nadhi Sodhana? Also what do you precede further after Ujjayi?

Mahadev

Uddiyana Bandha and Nauli Kryia are two powerfull pranayama technique.Check this.

@inFlow
Honestly I noticed that it practice before the technique doesn't matter in the sense that it's essential or has to be in any particular form. You can do any type of practice you want to kinda of compliment this technique, I feel like it elevates all of experience no matte which way you go.
You can also just dive right into the technique without any particular practice before.

What is really essential:

1. Sit with an erect spine.

2. Start breathing as deeply as you can in pretty much each inhale, doesn't really matter if through the nose or mouth.

3. The exhaling should be rather fast and you should try to empty as much as you can in each exhale contracting your belly to get it all out.

4. Now after a few minutes maybe even after just a dozen of these deep breaths go for the breath retention the first time, which goes as follows:
Breathe in as deeply as you possibly can then hold the breath and stretch out your belly as far as you can by simply relaxing it.

5. Now just repeat Step 2. and 3. but for just 3-6 breaths each time this is kind of crucial because it seems to really build up time after time when the time span between the retentions is not too short or too long.

6. Start just enjoying and allowing everything it brings up in you or just put your focus on anything you want to heal in these few seconds of the "high".

Feel free of course to experiment yourself with this and add stuff, whatever works for you, I just discovered this so it's not perfected by any means.

Edited by LaucherJunge

@purerogue
How about you try for yourself?
The experiences I had with it are really not in a domain which I could explain in words all that well.
All I can say that it makes your body function on a higher level, which also pretty obviously seems to raise your consciousness.
It's said that the Wim Hof breathing also saturates your body with oxygen to the degree that the nervous system can take care of things it didn't have the capacity to take care of before, this is what this technique does and I feel like it does this way better, although I am not an expert on Wim Hof breathing either.

4 minutes ago, LaucherJunge said:

@purerogue
How about you try for yourself?
The experiences I had with it are really not in a domain which I could explain in words all that well.
All I can say that it makes your body function on a higher level, which also pretty obviously seems to raise your consciousness.
It's said that the Wim Hof breathing also saturates your body with oxygen to the degree that the nervous system can take care of things it didn't have the capacity to take care of before, this is what this technique does and I feel like it does this way better, although I am not an expert on Wim Hof breathing either.

I want to breath less ,. not more, but thanks. 

@purerogue
I understand your approach obviously and it's a good approach and ultimately maybe the superior one in the long run.
Keep in mind this is not necessarily breathing more, but breathing as deeply as you can, it doesn't have to be fast, it was mostly more about really enjoying the experience of breathing to the fullest for me when I started of. This technique just makes me feel very content with everything.
Also keep in mind the duality of this breathing more breathing less, does this really matter? Or is it capital B Breath that matters here?

How do you do your Ujjayi breathing? More or less like this?

EDIT - Just read your step by step instruction, I think I got it ;)

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

@Bazooka Jesus yeah pretty much. The thing with Ujjayi is learning how to restrict air flow from your throat and breathe in without strugling. I can breathe in for a count of 20 seconds and exhale for about 25 seconds. Going this slow just imediatly shuts down my mind. Also this breathing with a restricted throat grows into later exercises like "Spinal Breathing" or "Kriya pranayama".

Edited by inFlow
Typos

Mahadev

@inFlow 20-25 seconds? Holy schnitzel... yeah, I can see how this might cause your mind to switch into standby mode. LOL

Why so serious?

@Bazooka Jesus I might be over-doing it. But damn sometimes this exercise just takes me in a very weird state where the body just feels so numb, so super heavy, yet I can move it as usual. The body locks in the lotus position with a super straight erect back leaving me no effort in sitting. The body just sits by itself. Then it feels like I become just full awareness, it feels like the I'am sensation is deep inside the skull. Like 20cm deep in the center. When you close your eyes it feels like the outside is just 1 inch away, but at that state it feels like you are inside the center of your skull. Then more interesting things happen, you feel the body, heart beats, lungs breathe, but those are just sensations, ultimately not you. Later you feel thoughts, even talking with yourself, and again you cannot say thats the you. You are just aware of thoughts. Then you can just sit in that state and be total pure awareness which is aware of itself. You find awareness, but you are it! That one, you can say that is the ultimate you. Only awareness.

At first experience I thought wtf, but later I found out that it's not so hard to go there. Sometimes you dont, sometimes you dont even wanted it and you got it. Interesting state.

Edited by inFlow
Typos

Mahadev

@inFlow  Pweeeeeeeeeehhhhhhww, I just tried to do it like you described it... holy moly, this shit got me gasping for air like a fish out of water after only two breath cycles! Is it just a matter of practice until you get used to it?

Why so serious?

@Bazooka Jesus yeah lol if you never done Kriya you will notice that you cannot breathe in so slow. But in practice you get better, im kinda lucky I went to a swimming school for 6 years, got big lungs maybe. But you can do just three exercises and you will gain benefits after like two weeks your consciousness will grow. So do it like this:

1. Nadi Sodhana 10-12

2. Ujjayi Pranayama 8-12

3. Concentration 5mins or more.

The concentration is just you sitting and putting all your awareness on the 3rd eye, the point between the eyebrows. Just imagine that a side of a needle is being gently pushed in your forehead and focus on it for the duration. Gradually after some time of excercise up the time for cencentration.

Mahadev

@inFlow I will definitely try this Kriya practice as well.
My Kriya practice was also the most beneficial of all my work until I found this breathing technique, although I don't think it's something that you should do solely but really just compliment your other practice with it but time will tell.

My Kriya Yoga technique was going like that:

1. Maha Mudra with alle 3 Bandhas and focus on third eye, chanting Om mentally and moving energy up and down with each inhale and exhale for 3 rounds with each leg.

2. Also Ujjayi Pranayama, again with concentration on the third eye and chanting Om mentally.

3. Inhaling deeply with the Ujjayi breathing moving the energy upwards holding the breath for as long as possible and cover your eyes ears and nostrils, again chanting Om mentally with focus on the third eye.

Edit:
Was just doing it again and I am literally in a transcendent state writing this.
needed really long this time because I was kinda experimenting, so it took me over an hour and this time I was really focusing on how to describe the state I reach to you guys and I can only say infinity.
The real trick here is to breathe as deeply as you can into the lowest part of your belly at every single inhale and then when the retention comes with your belly fully pushed out it happens. It's so crazy because it's the best "feeling" I have ever had and yet I have zero attachment towards it, I can just write on here without needing to go back to it.

Edited by LaucherJunge

So I've been doing a lot of research on this and I found some pretty interesting stuff, not going to claim anything proven but my theory is that this technique is optimal for creating DMT in your body. I stumbled upon this interesting article: http://q4lt.com/dmt-making-101

"As it pertains to Carbon Dioxide (CO2) levels in the body, exercise tends to increase the levels as the muscles utilize oxygen and produce CO2 as a byproduct. The metabolism of food produces H2O (water) and CO2 as a byproduct. Respiration rate has a direct effect on CO2 levels with shallow, infrequent breaths leading to an increase in CO2 levels known as hypercapnia. It’s rather interesting that the spiritual exercises of prolonged stillness (muscle atonia), fasting of varying degrees, and rhythmic breathing all directly suppress CO2 levels.

(It’s interesting to note that while fasting can suppress CO2 levels, a 1992 study in the Journal of Pineal Research outlined that fasting also significantly increased Melatonin levels throughout the body particularly the stomach and brain.)

A 2003 study published in the journal Advanced Studies in Medicine, states the following as it pertains to rhythmic and/or deep breathing patterns - “In respiratory alkalosis, as blood carbon dioxide (CO2) decreases, intracellular CO2, which is readily diffusible across the cell membrane, moves into the plasma. The loss of CO2 from the cell causes the intracellular pH to rise.“

The only difference between Melatonin (C13H16N2O2) and “The Spirit Molecule” DMT (C12H16N2) is one atom of Carbon and two atoms of Oxygen, it appears as though providing an environment both externally and internally that leads to increases in Melatonin production while simultaneously decreasing CO2 levels is the key to producing DMT internally."

https://www.stack.com/a/use-belly-breathing-to-recover-faster

"A study was done on 16 athletes following an intense training session.

They were separated into two equal groups.

The Diaphragmatic Breathing (DB) group spent one hour post-workout in a quiet place performing diaphragmatic breathing and concentrating on their breath.

The control group spent the same hour relaxing in a similar quiet place, not focusing on diaphragmatic breathing.
Researchers then analyzed oxidative stress, antioxidant defense status, melatonin and cortisol levels and compared them between the groups.

Significantly lower oxidative stress levels

Significantly greater "antioxidant defense status"

Lower levels of cortisol (an inhibitor of antioxidant activity)—however the difference was not statistically significant

Significantly higher levels of melatonin (a strong antioxidant)"

So if we put one and one together here, I think with this technique you minimalize your level of CO2 and maximize the level of Melatonin and at the retention where you fully hold you breath in the belly you reach the optimal level for DMT production.

I have also been doing intermittent fasting, which has a significant role in all this. Doing this at night also seemed to yield much greater results because of the Melatonin release.

On 22.1.2020 at 4:41 PM, LaucherJunge said:

4. Now after a few minutes maybe even after just a dozen of these deep breaths go for the breath retention the first time, which goes as follows:
breathe in as deeply as you possibly can using Uddiyana Bandha for like 5 seconds and then holding the breath in stretch out all of your belly as far as you can.

I don't get this point. If I breath in as deeply as I can, I am filling my lungs with oxygen. However if I do Uddiyana Bandha I'm breathing in, but my lungs stay absolutely empty. So you mean, that I just have to breath in as much as I can, holding the breath and then stretch my belly out with force?

"Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything." -- Rupert Spira