Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chumbimba

Solo Retreat Scheduled

20 posts in this topic

Doing a solo retreat from May 15-26. I’m waiting so late to give me time to get acclimated to my new job and everything. I am going to do a peter Ralston event in the fall instead of the spring. 

any tips on how I can be successful for this retreat ? 
My goal is enlightenment ultimately 

secondarily face my fear of loneliness 

third is get over my neediness toward women 

Have you planned out all your logistics? Lodgings? Water? Food? Supplies?

Planning out the logistics is key, so you have everything you need once you start and your mind can be fully absorbed in the present.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura that’s why I am planning in advance. I’m going to do it in an RV airbnb in Arizona (where I currently live).

ill have plenty of food and water. 

my biggest fear is quiting early 

5 minutes ago, Chumbimba said:

my biggest fear is quiting early

Well, not much you can do about that. Just do your best.

Even if you quit early you can always push harder at the next retreat. It will be a lesson learned.

Yeah It’s just gonna be me food,water and shelter and a journal

no books, laptop, cell phone, or entertainment of any kind. 

im gonna do it like my parents had to do and mapquest directions ?

21 minutes ago, Chumbimba said:

mapquest

That's still a thing? xD

@Chumbimba

If you’re at all around this place, try Jin Shin Jyutsu . Don’t let the “spa” style reading of the page fool ya, the owner / operators are two of the most enlightened people on earth. Since you have a while, save up and schedule a massage to get nice & relaxed, and then a 90 min Jin Shin session with both owners together. I’ve tried modalities in a lot of countries, and ime the absolute best of the best is right there in your backyard. 

Now till May is perfect timing to make a dream board, to draw from within everything & anything you want in life and get it up there in front of your eyes & mind. This will actually help bring up that fear & neediness you mentioned, in an incredibly positive and gently manageable manor. Dream bigger than big, outrageously big, unrealistically big - like wake up the mother f’n Lion within big. By diving into wanting / feeling, you’ll be tapping into emotional intelligence, intuition, & subconscious, setting the stage, which will come into play in the most delightful ways on the retreat. Solo retreats have a way of all the work you’ve been doing ‘popping’, and culminating in the greatest of life changing ways. 

That fear & neediness...start on that now. You can completely change all of that, - you will change all of that, and it’s not typically done in one big life changing event, but rather over time by being attentive to the relationship between thought & feeling in a way you haven’t been before. Thought has been ‘leading’ in life, and when certain thoughts / perspectives didn’t feel good in the past...thought prevailed, and feeling took a back seat. Daily meditation helps slow everything down so you can relax and calmly casually ‘dial in’ to this relationship. In short, the feelings were always true, always guidance, but life sometimes dictates a ‘pushing through it’, or a ‘manning up’. So the ‘reversal’ is handing the leadership if you will, from thinking, over to feeling. What you’ll find is that feelings like fear and loneliness are pure love...veiled & suppressed, by having believed the thoughts and perspectives, in spite of feelings essentially saying “that ain’t true”. 

Take time each day to go slow with each arising thought in those categories, and ‘massage’ each not-good-feeling-thought into a slightly better and better feeling thought / perspective. Overtime, this releases insights & epiphanies, which will greatly open up not only new perspectives, opportunities, and visions of what is possible in life, but stands to reveal an unseen underlying world of wonderful paranormal abilities & experiences.  

I hear you on the goal of enlightenment, and I get it. However, I would let it go. Forget awakening / enlightenment as a future goal, and remain present in the now, via meditation and realigning thought & feeling with the absolute source within. You’ll notice that sometimes you go ‘unconscious’, and you’ll naturally be attentive to thoughts & perspectives which you were previously inattentive to / just ‘accepted how you felt’. Don’t ‘accept’ shitty feelings anymore, like fear. Don’t deny or suppress them, just inspect every thought, for truth. As you weed out beliefs / false perspectives, you move up the emotional scale. You’re made of love, you’re amazing, and you’re supposed to feel amazing. In the face of pretty much the entire world’s beliefs - this is true. Do not expect or set any intentions whatsoever that there is any negative feeling ‘stuff you have to over come’. That, those perspectives, believing them - that is what the work is...seeing their falsity, and letting them go. Not “facing your fears’...but discovering the willingness to be aware of how you are creating them, and instead, creating the life you want, aligned with the always accessible God given love & guidance within. 

All of this is like looking for a glass of water on the ‘neediness with women’ front, and discovering a tidal wave of ’solution’ already within you. You, are the solution. As an analogy...someone who is ‘putting up’ with shit feelings, is believing their own thoughts & suppressing love, to a large degree. Then, a cheeseburger & fries seems like a great choice, because relatively speaking, the short lived experience of taste, feels better. But one who has done this work, naturally feels amazing...and a cheese burger & fries does not look the same, or even remotely appealing at all. Nothing tastes better than consciousness feels. Likewise, with all beliefs of need seen through, the woman you are confidently wanting - simply ‘shows up’ at the right time, in the most extraordinary way.

Sorry if I got a bit preachy...I’m excited for ya. Enjoy! (Now) :)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm holy shit bro that’s deep. 

Earlier this week I realized I use and create thoughts to distract me from how I am feeling. Because I have so much pain body shit going on from the past I’ve never dealt with. 

You really put things in perspective which will help my retreat go smoother (even though its still gonna be one of the most challenging things in my life :D)

Just now, Chumbimba said:

Earlier this week I realized I use and create thoughts to distract me from how I am feeling. Because I have so much pain body shit going on from the past I’ve never dealt with. 

I have done the same thing in my life. It's time to flip the script. Put feeling before thinking. Focus on how you feel that is the most important. 

6 hours ago, Nahm said:

and a cheese burger & fries does not look the same, or even remotely appealing at all. Nothing tastes better than consciousness feels

nahhhhhh you can do that - and have a realization but you could also try to do something completely different afterwards. something you have never been doing before try food you have never tried before - find a vegan place or eat some fresh foods you have never eaten before.  i mean the cheeseburger sounds so nice and i totally get that atmosphere it probably has this feel of home to it.... but it is completely pulling you in again to what you might want to change. 

i mean try some crazy shit like insect burgers or tofu burgers if it has to be a burger. and jicama fries. maybe adding some san pedro salsa...

...i guess never read something written by nahm when you are hungry.

Edited by remember

12 hours ago, Nahm said:

Do not expect or set any intentions whatsoever that there is any negative feeling ‘stuff you have to over come’. That, those perspectives, believing them - that is what the work is...seeing their falsity, and letting them go. Not “facing your fears’...but discovering the willingness to be aware of how you are creating them, and instead, creating the life you want, aligned with the always accessible God given love & guidance within.

:|:o:x

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I am thinking about doing a psychedelic on my birthday during the retreat which is the last day before I check out. i have taken LSD three times and had a bad trip my last time. So should I do LSD again or open up my shrooms world ? 

1 hour ago, Chumbimba said:

i have taken LSD three times and had a bad trip my last time

What was the setting last time you took it? Were you doing it with friends just for fun? Were you doing with the intention of improving yourself and growing?

@Raptorsin7 nope had terrible friend group with me who abandoned me and no personal development foundation at all 

@Chumbimba Okay. I think if you do it with the intention of growth and development, and the fact you've done LSD before, you should be fine even if you get a "bad" trip. 

Intention and setting are key. Plan ahead. Have food. Music etc. I just did a trip a few weeks ago and i've been growing rapidly ever since. 

Be sure to test the LSD too. 

@Chumbimba I've done LSD a few times. I've done a low dose of mushrooms but it was at a music festival and I don't remember the sensation much so i can't speak to it.

It's worth making a post just on that question. I don't know what the difference is tbh, especially with respect to personal development work.