Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rasheed

How to Deal with Feeling of Inadequacy

7 posts in this topic

How to deal with feeling of inadequacy? Feeling of inadequacy causes lot of doubt and de-motivation...How to stop it?

Reasons and causes: For example, working hard and smart in my craft, making progress but then I see someone more experienced, and I start to feel inadequate about my work. There are some other circumstances but this one is which I identified first...

Edited by Rasheed

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

@Rasheed You need to work on self-acceptance and at the same time on being connected to your vision. And keep in mind that that person you're comparing yourself to is at chapter 20 in his life while you're at chapter 15(this doesn't demonize your self-worth but simply makes you aware of the difference in the experiences each one of you has ) ; in this way you're gonna be more willing to firstly accept your level, secondly learn from the experiences of other people and thirdly improve yourself faster. 

Fosuc on the mastery process and what it really takes, instead of distracting yourself with other people's accomplishments, and you'll reach there some day , but you need more patience, time and experience. Good luck ?

You do not stop it, you embrace the darkness. Allow it, and get to know it really well. Then it loses its hooks on you.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.

For now, lean not on your own understanding. 

So, you need to shift the goalposts and realign what you think is important, to what actually is important. You adopt spiritual principles, and move away from "me, me, me" and work on "self-forgetting" more. You get out of your own head, and out of your own way. You make a decision to stop denying yourself peace of mind. 

You don't need to feel inadequate, because actually you realise that you are not that important. You become a worker among workers. You cannot be defeated, because you have already defeated yourself and surrendered. You set spiritual values and live by them. It's hard. Takes practice and commitment. Then, being inadequate doesn't matter, even if it's true. You learn exactly who you are. 

For it is by self forgetting, that one finds.

You feel inadequate? You have done it to yourself, and can undo it. 

Would it make you a happier person to be better than a co-worker? How happier? 1% ????

If you realigned your values and stuck to your own Truth and lived by spiritual principles? How much happier? More than 1% happier I am sure. 

6 pillars of self-esteem - Nathaniel Brandon. Life changing book.

Read it multiple times and did the stem completion excercises every morning for a year or so. It is such a deep dynamic that spreads out into every aspect of your life. Can’t recommend it enough.

Realizeyourgrowth.com

I found this trap arising also when I was starting to play & sing places. What I realized is the difference is in the identification. I started playing guitar because I loved music, same for singing. I noticed the passion & creativity was somehow diminishing. I realized that when I play because I like playing, there was no issue at all. But when I believed thoughts that I was a musician....that opened the door to believing thoughts which had the nature of comparison to other musicians. That opened the door to me the musician being better or worse than other musicians. I could tell this was not the case by how the thought felt. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Alissa Thank you. Very helpful. I watched Leo's video about Mastery. O watched it and applied the principles but, sometimes in the process, I get lost...Good reminder.

@Commodent That's very counterintuitive.

@Identity I haven't read that book, thanks for recommendation.

@Nahm This happens to me as well. When I do my passion, just for sake of it, as an end itself, things are much better. Problems arise when ego steps up, telling me to go for the outcomes...

@Bill W I sometimes do what you are saying 'unconsciously', but I thought, I was going down wrong way. I will apply what you said consciously, and I am sure, it will be very helpful. Thank you.

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport