Dylan Page

Question about suffering

6 posts in this topic

Do people that have bad things happen to them sort of “have it coming”? Like if someone seemingly randomly gets cancer, did they “deserve” it? Is it for something? I’m trying to find a justification for the existence of suffering given that the universe is absolute love. 

Suffering only happens if you identify to something.

The suffering you feel is totally subjective.

On an absolute perspective, even the most extreme torture is ecstasy.

Analogy: You can found a black humor joke so hilarious that it makes you ecstatic, whereas someone else will feel horrified to the point he could have a panic attack.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Great question. I don't have an attempted answer but it makes me think of Karma which is something I do believe in, but I am yet to work out how Karma manifests itself. In terms of suffering, I can't accept that if someone gets cancer they had it coming. But I can't articulate a strong argument for this belief of mine. I have vastly differing beliefs about God to many that will comment on this thread, but I value people's explanations and ideas. 

Yeah, you could argue some have Karma from this life or past lives for those genetic diseases that are uncontrollable.

But, Awareness/ God etc gives us complete freedom to as we please, and as a result this means ANYTHING goes, like we know smoking causes cancer and eating shit causes diseases yet we still do it. You get what I mean? 

Also, creation isn’t possible without destruction, destruction and physical death are a part of healthy functioning of a healthy organism, without death there can’t be life. 

However, this doesn’t have to be suffering, of course there will be negative emotions and pain, but the suffering comes when the I-Thought clings to these things. Don’t think I’m saying you shouldn’t be sad, what I’m saying is when you are sad be completely sad as long as you need to be, totally feel with every ounce of your body (same for all emotions) and then let it go when the time is right. That is part of becoming emotionally mature and “current” it’s not easy by any means.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

There is a cause and effect to everything, welcome to the universe.

B R E A T H E

@Dylan Page Suffering exists in the universe of absolute love because freedom is more fundamental than happiness.
All of your suffering is created either by you, or other people as an expression of their freedom.
That does not imply, however, that creating suffering is good. You have the freedom to be evil.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2