Paul-from-France

To our dear Ben Shapiro

18 posts in this topic

Hello everyone ! A happy new year to all of you !

This question is a reaction to Leo's recent post on his vlog about Ben Shapiro, specifically about blue stage people not understanding green stage individuals. Although I'm humbly in line with Leo's remarks on the praised John Lennon's song "Imagine", I wonder what over example could you guys come up with regarding Ben Shapiro's point of view. In fact he seems like a quite educated man and I feel encouraged to go along with most of what he has to say about politics and religiosity.

So what would you say are instances of Ben Shapiro failing to understand Truth and the "material" world we appear to be living in ? Is it possible that Green doesn't understand Blue ?

looking forward to hearing from you,

Paul

Edited by Paul-from-France

18 minutes ago, Paul-from-France said:

Hello everyone ! A happy new year to all of you !

This question is a reaction to Leo's recent post on his vlog about Ben Shapiro, specifically about blue stage people not understanding green stage individuals. Although I'm humbly in line with Leo's remarks on the praised John Lennon's song "Imagine", I wonder what over example could you guys come up with regarding Ben Shapiro's point of view. In fact he seems like a quit educated man and I feel encouraged to go along with most of what he has to say about politics and religiosity.

So what would you say are instances of Ben Shapiro failing to understand Truth and the "material" world we appear to be living in ? Is it possible that Green doesn't understand Blue ?

looking forward to hearing from you,

Paul

@Paul-from-France Shapiro believes in objective morality and shoulds/shouldnts based on his religious programming and believes everyone should follow HIS programming. His religion programs peoples beliefs on culture, abortion, drugs, sexuality, etc and he follows his programming dutifully. People at the same stage will obviously agree with him.

Green believes everyone's morality, culture, shoulds and shouldnts are equally "good" with equal outcomes  (except the ones that disagree with theirs). 

Yellow believes that they should develop their own subjective morality based on their own subjective values, treat others with kindness and accept that others will follow their own path, even if it is destructive. Yellow doesnt project subjective shoulds and shouldnts onto others. Yellow does not believe in objective morality but acknowledges that different beliefs lead to different outcomes (everyone's beliefs are NOT equal in value).

Edited by Matt8800

@Paul-from-France The fact that he gets paid by multinationals tells me he know a lot of the crap he says is BS. He is purposefully misleading his audience.

Stop listening to him period. His intellect is just garbage.

Anyone who takes the likes of him or Tucker Carlson seriously is just a joke. You cannot take anything they say seriously because it is so stunningly self-biased and intectually bankrupt.

Some people are so banrkupt that even to listen to them or engage with them seriously is already a mistake. This pretty much goes for anyone at Fox News. It's self-biased propaganda.

You might as well be listening to and debating with someone who is pro-slavery.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I consider debating with people like Ben Shapiro to be like debating a four year old who is convinced society is run by a giant purple monkey and that anything bad that happens is a result of this monkey’s temper tantrums. Their positions are so nonsensical and absurd that to treat them as some sort of coherent narrative is wrong IMO. 

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

Because all he's doing is acting out childhood dogmas. There is no contemplation of anything, it's all self-justification. There is no truth-seeking.

@Leo Gura Do you think shapiro is consciously misleading people or putting on an act? Or do you think his behavior is just typical of an intelligent dogmatic stage blue person? 

Yes Ben Shapiro does consciously mislead people. He is open about the fact that his editorial line follows a conservative point of view and that his opinions are skewed to fit in a right-wing political agenda. So in a sense, yes, he is misleading and his behaviour is indeed the opposite of truth-seeking. That said, one could also argue that it is only natural for stage blue people to gather around their stage blue champions and I don't think that's a horrible situation. What else can be done about those stage blue individuals ? Do we really believe they can be forced into stage orange or green ? That's not going to happen. So it's probably best to leave them be and to understand the speeches of though leaders like Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson whose central insight is to focus on personal responsibility, commitment to the realization of our potential and to contribute something of value to the world. We can call that deluded and self-biased ; but to a stage blue person this message feels amazingly positive.

Stage blue folks did build this society, as spiritually bankrupt as it is, we could still show some gratefulness and thus add a healthy dose of traditionalism into our own views.

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Stop listening to him period. His intellect is just garbage.

Anyone who takes the likes of him or Tucker Carlson seriously is just a joke. You cannot take anything they say seriously because it is so stunningly self-biased and intectually bankrupt.

Some people are so banrkupt that even to listen to them or engage with them seriously is already a mistake. This pretty much goes for anyone at Fox News. It's self-biased propaganda.

You might as well be listening to and debating with someone who is pro-slavery.

I really don't understand this. Despite his intellect being just garbage, I wonder how he earned a cum laude degree from Harvard law school. I guess being intelligent and being intellectual are 2 different things altogether.

@Leo Gura I find myself strangely agreeing with Tucker Carlson's recent opinions on war though, but that's because they're anti-interventionist. I think that's the only major issue I agree with him on though. 

Edited by Bno

On 1/4/2020 at 5:55 PM, Paul-from-France said:

In fact he seems like a quit educated man and I feel encouraged to go along with most of what he has to say about politics and religiosity.

Here's your mistake

22 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Leo Gura Do you think shapiro is consciously misleading people or putting on an act? Or do you think his behavior is just typical of an intelligent dogmatic stage blue person? 

No, it's not conscious. It's a lack of consciousness. It's self-bias, closemindedness, ego, and just how Stage Blue cognition works.

He is genuine in his beliefs. Basically all people are genuine in their ignorance.

From Ben Shaprio's POV, he's helping the world be a better place, he's acting from love -- like all people. But since his self-awareness is quite low, his love ends up being very selfish and partial. It's not really his fault. All evil is simply lack of consciousness. Which is why evil doesn't really exist. It is just misdirected love.

16 hours ago, Blanchflower said:

I really don't understand this. Despite his intellect being just garbage, I wonder how he earned a cum laude degree from Harvard law school. I guess being intelligent and being intellectual are 2 different things altogether.

Here you must distinguish between the intelligence required to think within the box of society vs the intelligence of truly original thinking.

To earn a law degree you don't need to do any original thinking, you just need to be very good at following the rules and orders that society has laid out for you. You need to be a good soldier. Which is what Stage Blue excels at. Stage Blue is great at being meticulously conformist. If you need to hire someone to make sure that concentration camps operate like well-oiled machines, you hire a nice conformist boy like Ben Shaprio to manage it for you. He will do it without asking any questions. This was in fact how Nazi Germany was run.

12 hours ago, Bno said:

@Leo Gura I find myself strangely agreeing with Tucker Carlson's recent opinions on war though, but that's because they're anti-interventionist. I think that's the only major issue I agree with him on though. 

Nothing strange about it. Every political position can be criticized from above or below, not just left vs right. You can be anti-interventionist from above or below. For example, you could believe that it's wrong to start a war in the Middle East because they are low-life savages who don't even deserve to fight the noble white man. But such anti-interventionism is further from Stage Green anti-interventionism than wanting to invade the Middle East to steal their oil. One would first have to evolve in consciousness just to see the Middle East as a worthwhile place to steal oil from, and only then one might evolve further in consciousness to actually care about the lives and interests of Middle Easterners as much as white lives and interests.

You can be opposed to war for the wrong reasons. What matters most is not the fact that you oppose war, but what level of consciousness you're seeing the situation from. You might oppose war because you're to fearful of getting drafted. But that is a selfish perspective which is very different from opposing war because you're conscious of the suffering it would cause the "enemy".

The true problem with the Middle East wars is not that it hurts America's interests, but that it creates suffering for innocent and powerless people in the Middle East. It's like kicking a wounded dog and blaming the dog.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

From Ben Shaprio's POV, he's helping the world be a better place, he's acting from love -- like all people. But since his self-awareness 

Here you must distinguish between the intelligence required to think within the box of society vs the intelligence of truly original thinking.

To earn a law degree you don't need to do any original thinking, you just need to be very good at following the rules and orders that society has laid out for you. You need to be a good soldier. Which is what Stage Blue excels at. Stage Blue is great at being meticulously conformist. If you need to hire someone to make sure that concentration camps operate like well-oiled machines, you hire a nice conformist boy like Ben Shaprio to manage it for you. He will do it without asking any questions. This was in fact how Nazi Germany was.

You are right! But just for speculation sake, if he had chosen to study philosophy at Harvard or Cambridge, is it a fair assessment to say that he would have flunk his course?

A philosophy course at university level is the closest subject to encourage original thinking. At least at the undergraduate level.

Here's one insight that this thread is helping realizing : while my ego is fond of acting out and talk as if it were yellow, in fact I'm really a stage orange who's too afraid to reach green because of many underlying blue attachments. I have a blue job, a blue family, a blue karate Dojo which Leo's Life purpose course is steadily taking me away from. But for now, green still makes me uncomfortable while Ben Shapiro's Daily Wire feels like home. I systematically sabotage any opportunity to create friendships and especially intimate relationships with green stage people ; my body won't play along. I have to let that part of me die and move on from there. I will.

I apologize for that vulnerable oversharing but maybe some of you can relate, I wanted to write that thought down as part of the core concept of 100% commitment. Anyway, thanks to everyone who have answered so far.

@Leo Gura Hmmm yea that's true, he does make a stronger case for how the wars go against American interests than he does for reducing harm on foreign people.

Edited by Bno

8 hours ago, Blanchflower said:

You are right! But just for speculation sake, if he had chosen to study philosophy at Harvard or Cambridge, is it a fair assessment to say that he would have flunk his course?

A philosophy course at university level is the closest subject to encourage original thinking. At least at the undergraduate level.

Not at all.

Philosophy classes in universities are as conformist and unoriginal as Sunday School.

All of Harvard is a conformist nest. Little orginal thinking happens there.

Do not confuse such things for truth-seeking or thinking. They are playing academic survival games. Nobody at Harvard understands what reality is or how consciousness works.

No actual philosophy is done in a philosophy classroom. That would be far too dangerous to be allowed.

4 hours ago, Bno said:

@Leo Gura Hmmm yea that's true, he does make a stronger case for how the wars go against American interests than he does for reducing harm on foreign people.

Tucker Carlson don't give a fuck about foreign people. They are like animals from his level of consciousness. He cares about building up an American identity. All of his politics revolves around that, as does everyone's at Fox News. That is the function of Fox News: to build and defend an American collective ego.

@Leo Gura CNN is propaganda for Time Warner. MSNBC is propaganda for Comcast. ABC is propaganda for Disney. And Fox News is a circle jerk for Rupert Murdoch's ego ?.