SaynotoKlaus

Underweight Because Of Eating Healthy

7 posts in this topic

2 or 3 years ago when i started eating healthy i lost too much weight and it's still the case because i keep doing that. I was always skinny. Before i was 1.86 m tall with 78kg /172 lbs now i'm 68kg /150lbs.

Not only i'm eating healthy , but i'm also eating less because i'm listening to my body. But my body is stupid , even though i feel good and have more energy , i look like someone who just got out of some labor camp. I want to eat more, but when i do that i feel stuffed and i don't have any energy to do the things i have to do - which is very important to me because i need to be always active in order for me to sustain myself and improve my life.

What the heck should i do? 

Weight training and increased calories & protein. Well, if you want to gain weight anyway. Listening to your body is not going to help you gain weight if your natural body type is very thin. When I was 24 I was 6'2" 153lb, I started lifting weights and forcing myself to eat more and gained to 205lb in a year. Some of it was fat, but over the years I've kept at it and now am around 210lb at 7% body fat. 

If it's truly a priority to you, it's a problem with an easy solution. If you're saying you have conflicting priorities, you'll have to decide what's most important and focus on that, or devise some sort of compromise. 

One option if eating too much during the day is affecting your energy is to eat fairly light like you do now during the day, especially light on carbs because that's what makes you tired (serotonin & tryptophan), and then have a huge meal before bed.  This will allow to you to both keep your energy levels high during the day, increase your overall caloric intake, and aid in better quality sleep from the pre-bed carbs.

Edited by ChimpBrain

I think eating more or eating less is not the point, but eating the right nutrients. Listening to your body is cool, but don't eat too much carbs, then you won't feel as full. Eat a lot of nuts instead of of stuff like bread etc. so your body will get the essential nutrients. But if you feel too concerned about your weight please see an expert.

The reason why you're losing weight is that you're in a caloric deficit. Burning more than you consume. 

You're not losing weight out of thin air. This is an easy problem to solve.

Start eating more nutrient dense foods. It might be that you're too sensitive to carbs. Try eating more fat and protein. Eggs, meat, nuts, fish are great sources to begin with. Also, start adding extra fats and oils to your meals. Butter, olive oil have very high nutrient density. Start slowly adding thém and see what effect you'll have. 

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

I am slightly bigger than you. 1,93m and 76-77kg. I still remember when I was even thinner, like 65kg or so. I looked terrible. You were born 87? So you are 2 years older than me. I can tell you how I changed over the years. When I was 65kg or so, I just had the motivation to eat more. And I did, till I finally reached this. Nearly 2 years ago I started eating healthier. And now I am stagnating. Sometimes I even have the tendency to lose some weight. But what helps me is to not take this healthy eating stuff too seriously. Because, god damnit, it is great to just have the feeling of no limit. Make eating healthy food not something that gets you in trouble. There is something positive in everything. Eating junk food is fun sometimes. Still I reached a point where I don't really like sugary stuff, because there is way too much sugar in nearly everything. But I enjoy some junk food like big burgers, chips, instant noodles. But I go very very easy on that stuff. I just do it so that I enjoy it. Moderation is key. But just don't ever feel like "ohh my god I need to eat healthy". That puts you under pressure. You get nervous and therefore burn calories without even doing anything.

I had a similar issue (to a much lesser degree) when I first transitioned from a S.A.D. to being vegan.  Plant-based foods tend to not be very calorically dense so it can be challenging to gain/maintain weight.  Look for quality calories from plant-based fats, seed and nut butters, oils, and carbs.

"It's better to light a candle than curse the darkness"

Presence.  Acceptance.  Purpose.