Flowerfaeiry

A lot of focus from health comes from fear of death

9 posts in this topic

While a lot of it is to feel good, stay well in the short term, perform well, a lot of it has to do with this fear. We become obsessed because we are trying to avoid death.

"You Create Magic" 

I like to think I would live a a more quality life by deciding to be healthy. Especially as we start to age many problems will show up from living a poor lifestyle for a long time. A huge abundance of the issues you see people having is from the foods and such they decided to eat for many years. Two of the top killers in the United States are heart attack and diabetes.  That and I have to say there is so many upfront benefits in mood and energy. I do like the idea of this existence continuing longer, but mostly if it were to be in good health. 

It's kind of like saving for retirement you could spend it all having fun now, but in the event you do last long enough you might have wanted to take care of yourself early on. 

It won't matter what route I decide to go really. But I would like to enjoy myself while I am here. 

in my case its also fear of obesity and fear of disease ....but guess you could say they are both somehow linked to death. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

12 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

While a lot of it is to feel good, stay well in the short term, perform well, a lot of it has to do with this fear. We become obsessed because we are trying to avoid death.

I've thought about this a lot too, and I have to agree. However, that doesn't mean it's bad or wrong to focus on health, as long as it doesn't become obsessive. 

You definitely enjoy life more by living a healthy lifestyle (which isn't the same as never indulginf in "unhealthy" things). Moderation is key. 

@Farnaby definitely not bad to focus on health. I just think it's an interesting aspect that can come into play during a health journey. Thanks for the response

"You Create Magic" 

I'm not afraid of dying but rather of being alive and feeling dead. 

It may sound strange, but I try to live healthy to be happy and to be mentally and physically comfortable as long as I live and not just to stay alive longer.  When I die, I die, but I want to feel comfortable during the time I have. 

Edit: Maybe I just fool myself and will change my mind when I'm about to face death... 

Edited by Billy Shears

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.

@Flowerfaeiry I definitely see your point. 

But, I also think it’s more the fear of being dead while being alive. Many even Middle Aged people today have such an unhealthy lifestyle and look/ feel crap, personally I don’t want that.

When you’re young you’re lucky, but for me, optimising health makes me feel 100x better in my body, and even mentally it has been shown, so I think as society evolves health and wellness will become much more central to our society.

Health, Fitness and Wellness is certainly essential to living the best life possible, like the foundation everything else is built on. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

been contemplating this as I’ve been unwell recently, and as post awakening the fear of death doesn’t plague me anymore.

I guess it’s more the fear of being un well, feeling like crap all the time, as well all know how that feels.

Then on a more positive note it’s the want to feel amazing, feel healthy, energetic l, vibrant and full of life to go and live the best life possible :) 

Being Ill/ un well sucks, so I can’t imagine what it’s like living with a permanent illness or more serious illness :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

On 03/01/2020 at 8:16 AM, Flowerfaeiry said:

In the deep, it comes from the love for infinite intelligence having designed your body and the way you nourish and feed it, becomes prayer.
But this phase can just start when the person has profound spiritual and biochemical understanding

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?