Florian

Only meat diet

8 posts in this topic

Are there any experts here who see some downsites to this? 

It depends on what experts you listen to.

The reality is, all animals eat meat (even classified herbivores). There is nutritional value in meat and Humans have been eating meat since the beginning. Meat has been proposed to have helped humans along the evolutionary scale by being calorically dense food and something to hunt. 

For Mikhail? I'd say there are no downsides, given her complaints before she went on her diet. It sounds like her diet is a blessing.

Edited by SgtPepper

@SgtPepper Yeah, to me it seems too that this diet is healthy for her and any people with the same problem and I think I will try it because I feel like I have the same problems as she had but not quite as dramatically. But are there maybe any long-term effects?

You'll probably find just eliminating garbage out of the diet will give you the results you are looking for. There is not enough research to show what it does long term that I know of. I am sure you could be fine. But you would likely need supplements. The factory animals are given b12 supplements for example, so you don't have to worry about that. Not to mention if you just eat cheap meat at the store all the time I imagine that would be low nutritional value. If you are planning on eating brains, liver, etc you could probably get most of the nutrition you need. But if you just want to buy a steak I doubt it's going to give you what you need. 

I'd say you would be missing out on the most healing foods going this route and would probably only be worth it for an extreme case like hers. But that is just my opinion. 

Well, the Petersons are a special case as they are allergic to pretty much anything other than grass-fed beef. To them, it is a life-saver. For most people however, such a diet would be too restrictive and impractical. The farthest I'd go would be a Paleo or Keto diet, with some modifications. However, each person is different and they have to experiment and find out which diet works the best for them. For instance people with Inflammatory Bowel Disease need to eat a lot of refined carbohydrates, especially gluten and avoid most whole grain products, most vegetables and fruits as well as dairy, but can eat most meats, fish and seafood as long as they are lean. On the other hand people with Gluten Intolerance can't eat most grains, then there are people who are allergic to beef. So, it all depends on the individual.

I tried it, it worked unbelievably well for me, it's just hard to stick to. If I was dealing with the kind of crippling health problems a lot of people claim it fixed for them, it wouldn't be hard to maintain. But mine were of a lesser degree of shittiness. It did help me pin down exactly what was causing some of my issues though, specifically dairy and brassicas vegetables, which I've left out of my diet permanently since then. 

On 24.12.2019 at 8:17 PM, Florian said:

@SgtPepper Yeah, to me it seems too that this diet is healthy for her and any people with the same problem and I think I will try it because I feel like I have the same problems as she had but not quite as dramatically. But are there maybe any long-term effects?

You might simply have gut issues, this is well known and well researched. Do a Sibo test and get your gut biome checked, once that is complete the doctor will tell you what you need to do to fix it.

Plants giving your problems and having to avoid them is not functional and implies that something is wrong with your health. The Peterson's are known for spreading misinformation, they are the epitome of someone trying to be an expert in a field they are no experts in.

To say the diet has no downside is in my opinion quite ignorant. Just because of a single person or in fact a collection of people, who have health issues in the first place, going plant free causing them to feel better, does not mean the diet they are on has no downsides, it simply means the underlying health issues are being avoided and not being fixed. Imagine there was a condition which would require you to smoke all day long so that some terrible symptoms would go away. The fact that the symptoms go away from smoking does not mean smoking is good for you inherently or that it has no down sides.

A lot of people in here are spreading dangerous misinformation. You guys have basic epistemological incompetence, if you do not fix that you will go through life like a blind chicken.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

I did it for two months and the reason I stopped were headaches (later found out I needed more fat) and that it‘s expensive. In the first two weeks it increased my mood so much that I broke through a negative psychological cloud for the first time in my life, but that stabilized again later and I felt like I did before. The knowledge of this experience is very valuable though.