fork

Leveraging schizophrenia(potential for genius)

8 posts in this topic

How can leverage schizophrenia to attain useful insights in any aspect of life? It seems to me that it has the potential to make the mind infinite, because of the exponential nature of the vicious circle created by the disease, if certain conditions are met, but may be I am wrong, let me know what you think.

The paranoia part of the disease might connect unrelated ideas in the past, and the other part "schizophrenia"(meaning split or divide) of the disease might generate more directions/viewpoints/divisions(which depends on degree/level of loose association in the schizophrenic mind and his divergent thinking and less filtered mind than normal mind) inside an imaginary graph(making it grow exponentially) of what's going on in a schizophrenic patient, as I understand.

A similar question might be: imagine for a moment that there is a device that can read your thoughts and manipulate it remotely(which I don't believe exist anyway), how would you leverage that imagination(which appear real to a schizophrenic) for making it work for you: in terms of more creativity, more knowledge and more efficiency, etc(it seems that these conditions may destroy you but perhaps with original idea it can turn to something good)

Thank you for your time.

3 hours ago, fork said:

Leveraging schizophrenia(potential for genius)

How can leverage schizophrenia to attain useful insights in any aspect of life?

Some cultures use certain people as shamans.  Some of them might be classified in the West as schizophrenics. 
That means being healers and oracles.  

Geniuses are a different matter. That tends to be regarded as a lot more intellectual
A Genius might be a schizophrenic but not all schizophrenics are geniuses.

Go to googlebooks where you can read parts of books for free. Look up this book

Our Most Troubling Madness: Case Studies in Schizophrenia across Cultures

Read some of the case studies and see if you think the descriptions are genius-like

John Nash was a schizophrenic and mathematical genius. His story was dramatized in the movie "A beautiful mind". You could study his life for insights on this topic.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@outlandish the las film of Vincent Van Gogh also shows some perspective of his mind, he clearly suffer from some kind of schizophrenia. He use to painting regular objects like boots bc he saw something ultra beautiful in those. 

You should not seek to leverage that what kills you, at least not unless you’re already ready to die. 

leverage in my opinion is a Machiavellian principle. 

gain wisdom when you do, but if it does not apply to your life what use is it?

and skitzophrenia is a psychosis of delusion and paranoia. Both incredibly risky to rely on, with much less real benefit than simply focusing on finding grounding. 

Carrie from Homeland TV series experiences bi polar and with that she's able to make connections as the events unfold. The series shows also how it affects her personal life too.

Edited by Pacific Sage
Fact check : Suffers from Bi polar and not schizophrenia

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

Watch Undone from Amazon Prime, it's all about it. 

I personally have the abilities that you are mentioning here, not sure if that means being "shaman", or I just had third eye activation, fuck the name.

It's like - I feel some kind of energy towards some objects and instantly in my head I know exactly what it means (or I'm googling the symbolism later). 

For example - I saw a woman in a bus, then another one in a shop, they were both pregnant and my "third eye energy" was pointing at them. And instantly I knew, that my female friend is pregnant. 

Another example - i came to a part of my journey, where this energy was pointing to different types of animals. After checking the symbolism I knew exactly on what part of a journey I'm currently at and what I gotta do next. 

Like - a duck means to work on your EQ, etc.

I guess that's what being psychic means. 

Edited by 28 cm unbuffed

schizophrenia is not something you want to leverage...I suggest you visit a mental health hospital in order to understand what it actually is