V-8

Perspectives on Awake

33 posts in this topic

@LfcCharlie4 @MAYA EL You guys have an extremely vivid imagination. Not sure what's bugging you, though.

@V-8 I love the quotes and the quality of your posts. All well-organised, and well-thought. Please keep them coming.

Back to the main discussion, I don't know what it's like to be fully awake as I've never fully awoken myself. But I believe there are countless things that one can learn throughout life. This learning process, I call deepening of awakening. To me, awareness/knowledge is made by making distinctions. The more aware you are, the more nuanced you become.

Edited by Lento

@Lento Nothing is 'bothering' me as such.

I just don't think endless models and knowledge are helpful for many on here when THIS is it, and we're all 'after' peace and happiness right?

I remember when I was a hardcore seeker and how painful it can be, now I am stabilised in the peace and happiness I just want to help others however I can, that's all. 

I appreciate models and the theory but eventually, it all needs to be let go, then whatever you need will come back. 

P.S. I like SD as a model, it's awesome, I'm just not sure it's necessary for awakening that's all, as after all it is a psychological model, and was never intended to be used for Non-Duality. 

I don't know @V-8, but I've seen many like him before. All I wonder is if he is stabilised in peace and happiness, if he is I'm more than happy for him :) As I said, I have no issue with someone just because we disagree on certain aspects, that's called life. However, I don't appreciate people playing the superiority card and acting superior that is all, and I know beings established as what I call full Self-Realization would not do that, that is all. 

When you see everyone and everything as your self, how could you be superior to anyone? Sure you have more knowledge in some areas, as they do, but everyone is the Self, and everyone is you, and therefore, in essence I love everyone. Of course on the relative level distinctions and practicality has to be maintained though.

actually @V-8 I have one question!

I can’t remember exactly what you said, but you said something about you don’t think teaching is a good idea, why is that out of interest? :) 

Edited by LfcCharlie4

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

2 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@Lento 

I just don't think endless models and knowledge are helpful for many on here when THIS is it, and we're all 'after' peace and happiness right?

I think this is in the realm of relativity. Good and bad are relative, and goals are relative as well. For me personally, at the moment, I'm not after peace of mind and happiness. I want success, leadership, survival, etc... I'm not denying that the ultimate goal might probably be happiness, I'm just saying that the means may differ from one person to another, depending on where they are in life. The path is extremely nuanced for each individual person, I suppose.

9 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@Lento

I remember when I was a hardcore seeker and how painful it can be, now I am stabilised in the peace and happiness I just want to help others however I can, that's all. 

I appreciate models and the theory but eventually, it all needs to be let go, then whatever you need will come back.

You've made this idea pretty clear much earlier. But it seems like the discussion started getting a little bit personal, like your path is the true path and other paths don't exist. I understand that the intentions behind that are well, but I think the way the ideas are presented can be tweaked. This, in my view, is a stage Green argument. At stage Yellow, I assume, things are probably going to be said differently.

31 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@Lento 

P.S. I like SD as a model, it's awesome, I'm just not sure it's necessary for awakening that's all, as after all it is a psychological model, and was never intended to be used for Non-Duality. 

I agree with you on this one. But maybe our friend here has a unique perspective regarding the relationship between the two? I'm really excited to hear more from him explaining his point of view.

And since I personally still am at tier one, I don't know how people at tier two view things. I'm open to some counter-intuitive, perhaps even radical views that I may not be able to comprehend at my current level. It's interesting how a lot of the things I thought were absolutes before turned out to be relative ☺️

3 hours ago, Lento said:

I don't know what it's like to be fully awake as I've never fully awoken myself. But I believe there are countless things that one can learn throughout life. This learning process, I call deepening of awakening. To me, awareness/knowledge is made by making distinctions. The more aware you are, the more nuanced you become.

In the early 90's I talked with a fellow named John Davies (who went by Savizar at the time),...what he said nearly 30 years ago is quite appropriate for those inquiring about Universoul Awakening:

"Wake up; the time is now.  I know, I know what you think: ’I don’t know how to wake up!  I’ve been trying to wake up.  While I was here as a student trying to earn and learn my way out of here, I knew that if I could just become enlightened that I could get out.  I knew that if I could just find some extraterrestrials (ETs) who could come down and pick me up in a [space-]ship that I could get out.’  Stop trying to get out of here.  No one is getting out.  We are here to Wake Up.

If you took a radical shift in identity and a radical shift in how you measure your reality, the universe would have no choice but to give you a radically different reality.  Then all you have to do is to follow spirit without hesitation.  It will happen naturally; it will happen organically.  It will just flow as you fiercely hold onto a  non-egoic vision.

Students are taught to solve problems.  That means that you are continually fascinated with what you didn’t have and what wasn’t working.  The universe observes what you are fascinated with to know what to bring you more of.  So if you are fascinated with problems, with what is not working, and what you don’t want, you’ll just end up with more of it.

If, your life context is communicating to the universe that you are a student seeking to learn and earn your way out of here, then that is the picture of reality which that spirit will manifest for you; a frustrating, struggling, boring, meaningless illusion...more and more experiences to reflect your need to learn and earn your way out of here.

If we are fascinated with the clear, egoless essence that we are, then those beliefs which that cloak that essence will have to dissolve, for we cannot look in a mirror with a smile and get see a frown reflected back."

His friend Polaria then suggested, “Sit down and write out what your vision is, and then use that as your standard of measure.   Whatever matches that vision, let spirit know that you want more of that stuff.  Whatever doesn’t match your vision, no big deal; don’’t focus on it.”  

That was the first time I heard of the process of Spiritual Autolysis.  And even though there's now a good youtube about Spiritual Autolysis by Jed McKenna,...even less people seem to practice such honesty today.  

"Nothing is more beautiful than honesty" - Steven Aitchison

"The Feminine of Duality is not a gender of Form, but the Wave of a Particle" - V Panetta

2 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

When you see everyone and everything as your self, how could you be superior to anyone? Sure you have more knowledge in some areas, as they do, but everyone is the Self, and everyone is you, and therefore, in essence I love everyone. Of course on the relative level distinctions and practicality has to be maintained though.

Buddha said that he discovered something profound and luminous beyond all concepts.  He tried to communicate that something, but few understood.   The Pāli Canon

Conscious Awareness has a similarity with radio receivers,....some radio's are superior to others in that they pick up a broader signal strength.  

you should perhaps consider letting go of the notion that all radio's are equal,....a paradigm of the pluralistic Green. 

"The Feminine of Duality is not a gender of Form, but the Wave of a Particle" - V Panetta

2 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

actually @V-8 I have one question!

I can’t remember exactly what you said, but you said something about you don’t think teaching is a good idea, why is that out of interest? :) 

I likely mentioned that I have no pension for teaching,...and they only person I came across that may have been a teacher for me, died before I met her,...Gabrielle Roth,...and her 5Rhythms practice for Waking Up.

"By learning to recognize the Clear Light (Silver Desert) during one's lifetime, an adept may return to it without difficulty when the shock of death threatens to disorient them” - Naropa

So you don't misunderstand,...I have no desire to Wake Up,...I'm not a "seeker."   Am already directly aware of Undivided, Clear Light, and the nature of this One, Space-Time illusion.  I am not at SD 9, but if it occurs, it occurs,...not seeking it,...there is nothing to seek,...although sentient beings believe there is,...such as building businesses,...becoming "teachers," etc.

It is said in the East that Buddha was not a teacher, nor shared any teachings. 

3 minutes ago, Vxvxen said:

@V-8 Great topic! Awakening only gets deeper and deeper, there’s multi facets to awakenings that I have come to realise and continue to learn from all sources of inspirations. (Seeing the tail of the ox and trying to grab a hold onto it be like..whew, this is not easy:)) Gotta unlearn to learn!

Now go ride that Ox! :)??

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Lento sorry if it comes across that way, but I’m not meaning it to.

Im not saying transmissions and 1-1 are the ultimate path at all, however I do believe all models and concepts need to be dropped for a full awakening for sure. How you get “there” can vary and there’s many different ways, not many know about transmissions and 1-1 teachings that’s why I speak about them on here :) 

and yeah peoples wants and needs do defo change with time for sure! But do you not also want happiness as the foundation behind all them things, life is fun being happy! 

Potentially he does, and that’s also great, but there are models out there that are more relevant to NOn Duality such as the LOC map by Ramaji.

But of course there are many paths to awakening :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

3 minutes ago, Vxvxen said:

@V-8 Great topic! Awakening only gets deeper and deeper, there’s multi facets to awakenings that I have come to realise and continue to learn from all sources of inspirations. (Seeing the tail of the ox and trying to grab a hold onto it be like..whew, this is not easy:)) Gotta unlearn to learn!

"In pursuit of knowledge, every day something is acquired.
In pursuit of prajna, every day something is dropped."  - Lao Tzu

"We need to draw our attention to what is false in us, for unless we learn to recognize the false as the false, there can be no lasting transformation, and you will always be drawn back into illusion, for that is how the false perpetuates itself"        Eckhart Tolle

@V-8 yes I am not denying some have a greater understanding than others, I have said multiple times what I am attempting to explain with the absolute is far beyond words and all words are technically untrue about this topic, the absolute is far beyond words :) 

What I mean by equality is more saying, we are all the self, and nobody is “better” than someone else just because they are enlightened or vegan or whatever else etc, that kind of attitude is why some enlightened beings cause havoc because they believe they are superior to their students e.g. Mooji and Bentino Massano.

of course some understandings are far deeper than others that’s why I recommend beings such as Ramaji, Ramana, Nisgardatta etc and not Eckhart, Jed McKenna, Fred Davis etc while they are certainly awakened and great for some people, I wanted to finish seeking once and for all :)

@V-8 I was not talking about a spiritual business, but that’s a bit naive to believe we could live in a world without business, have you watched Leo’s conscious politics series out of interest? 

And, yes there is nothing to teach, but I can’t think of a better word to describe helping people wake up, sorry :) 

I must admit I think it’s clear you aren’t finished, when you go full circle you realise ordinary life is the very Self, as I said the 10th Ox Picture shows this :) I am not talking about SD stages here, 

I could hazard a guess to what stage of awakening you’re at, but I hardly know you :)  I would suggest you’re in a hermit stage also knows as the 900s if you are awakened :) 

Im glad you’re no longer seeking, life without seeking is beautiful. 

@Vxvxen it does and awakening can go so deep! 

However, there is a time when seeking comes to an end and you rest in the absolute, however on the human dimension there is still work to do :) 

Oh and with Love there is literally no limit to how much you can give and receive, it’s amazing :)