RIP

Meditation Is The Same As Watching Youtube All Day

24 posts in this topic

I am on my computer everyday from when I wake up to when I go to sleep. I consume content and take breaks to make art. For one month I used to meditate and pray from when I woke up until I fell asleep, but near the end of the month I felt there was no point. If there is no purpose in doing anything except feeling good (if you disagree, ask yourself why you feel otherwise and whether everything you do is ultimately for the goal of feeling good), then why meditate to feel good instead of consuming content all day? I feel the same satisfaction. I feel the only reason I feel scared of consuming content is because I have the idea that it will not provide the same amount of happiness that meditation and prayer will. When comparing meditation vs computer consuming I do not feel a difference in happiness. In meditation I feel uneasy because I feel that I need to be doing something and in computer consuming I feel uneasy because I feel I am being too hedonistic.

Haha xD

Sorry, but here you have splurted a lot of non-sense. What kind of meditation were you doing and how much time exactly did you spend deliberately meditating without distractions? I guess what you have been doing shouldn't even be called meditation if you can't see a difference.

Start a proper meditative practice like Kriya Yoga or Vipassana and leave the bullshit behind.

51 minutes ago, Girzo said:

Haha xD

Sorry, but here you have splurted a lot of non-sense. What kind of meditation were you doing and how much time exactly did you spend deliberately meditating without distractions? I guess what you have been doing shouldn't even be called meditation if you can't see a difference.

Start a proper meditative practice like Kriya Yoga or Vipassana and leave the bullshit behind.

I was doing the meditation where you do nothing and think nothing. I would do this for 4 hours a day without distraction and outside of this I would be doing all my actions with awareness and mindfulness.

There is no difference in your experience because your goal for each activity is to feel pleasure.

@Serotoninluv If you equate feeling good with pleasure then sure. What is your goal? Everyones goal is to feel good.

5 minutes ago, RIP said:

@Serotoninluv If you equate feeling good with pleasure then sure. What is your goal? Everyones goal is to feel good.

A desire for feeling good is certainly a fundamental desire at the personal/human level, yet there is much more available. 

Pursue your genuine desires. If your genuine desire is to feel good and watching YT all day makes you feel good, then go for it. 

5 minutes ago, RIP said:

@Serotoninluv Explain to me how it goes deeper than wanting to feel good.

Do you have a desire to know this? What if the answer didn’t make you feel good? Would you still want to know?

10 minutes ago, RIP said:

@Serotoninluv Sure brother. Im down for anything

There you go. You have a desire to learn something that might not make you feel good. ?? 

You don’t need me to explain anything to you. You now have everything you need to explore. You have your own desire for something that might not make you feel good. What is that desire? Where does it come from? What is it’s nature? How is it similar and different than a desire to feel good? Is it a form of curiosity?

Meditation would be a great practice to observe these dynamics. 

Or this may not be of interest to you and you may desire to watch YT all day to feel good. Thats cool too. 

2 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

There you go. You have a desire to learn something that might not make you feel good. ?? 

You don’t need me to explain anything to you. You now have everything you need to explore. You have your own desire for something that might not make you feel good. What is that desire? Where does it come from? What is it’s nature? How is it similar and different than a desire to feel good? Is it a form of curiosity? 

@Serotoninluv I dont believe anything outside of me can truly make me feel bad. If it does, it of my doing and not of the thing that I learned. How can something outside of you "not make you feel good. ??"  

@RIP

It sounds like you are happy, content and satisfied living in the moment. That’s great. Enjoy it. It’s a wonderful place to be. 

1 minute ago, Serotoninluv said:

@RIP

It sounds like you are happy, content and satisfied living well n the moment. That’s great. Enjoy it. It’s a wonderful place to be. 

hmm youre right. thanks for talking today

Just now, RIP said:

hmm youre right. thanks for talking today

My pleasure ♥️ ? 

There a lot of life outside of meditation and content consumption

President-George-W.-Bush-Mission-Accomplished.jpg

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

They are and aren't the same, at the same time.

We can find commonalities between meditation and anything else. Most essentially, it is the flow and lack of resistance. On the other hand, we can find differences as well. For example, meditation gives you more direct insights about your own reality, while YouTube can give you insights from others about their own realities, which might or might not apply to your reality, but if it does, it can be really eye-opening and life-transforming.

I think both are beneficial and healthy if you know how to balance them correctly. Make sure you don't cling to one or the other. Find out the perfect balance for you and keep it in check because it will change over time. That's what I'm currently learning, both from my own practices and from other people's opinions and experiences.

Think of this forum as a massive collective meditation influx. Notice how you can learn a lot of insights simply by reading them. This forum, in my opinion, is meditation on steroids ?