Sussso

I'M quitting video games it will be hard

26 posts in this topic

It's one the most practical choices you can make.

Just commit to it, don't worry about what activities will fill your time.

If you're committing to anything seriously enough, your mind will naturally justify that commitment.

You simply having the thought of wanting to quit is already evidence that you are aware of plenty of reasons to do so.

To quit anything at all, from video games to hard drugs, what you really need is commitment; not more reasons.

I had the nintendo but my parents never bought me the supernintendo, so i didn't get the chance to become addicted. Parents have a lot to do with this. Now I wanna play but i don't wanna buy. I wish I had gamer friends so i could play sporadically, because life is a video game, but you only have one life. I want to play so i can have a perspective of my spiritual awakening.

I used to play need for speed on my brother's computer until my middle finger couldn't take it any more. I used the arrows to drive, and i used my middle finger to step on the gas. Can't apply pressure for 6 hours on any finger, something has to give. Luckily that happened only on Saturdays.

3 of my ''McDonald's'' coworkers are addicted. One of them is super addicted, one day he told me he didn't sleep because he spent the whole night playing. The other 2 are dragging their kids into this addiction. They play metal gears for 5-6 hours with their kids. Nice bonding time right? One of these guys is 48 yo LOL! When i stand up to go somewhere i get to see his screens he is always buying new games through the inet.  One day I asked them if they played fortnite. My question insulted them. A lot of gamers hate fortnite with a passion.

I have heard them say: -''I invested 6 hours on that game yesterday''

Don't become the 48yo dude that plays metal gears for 6 hours with his kid. He is overweight and he kinda hates life.

To the OP you have already got excellent advice here, I got nothing to add except: You can do it!

Arc

@Arcangelo  oh boy lol thanks for sharing. so far so good it's going great for me I feel like things are opening up after quitting I failed couple of times but mildly and now I feel steady and don't have the appeal any more to play.