Alexander78

App for Self Development

26 posts in this topic

Hi All,

After reading lots of books and forums on self development I've always struggled to convert this knowledge into a day to day life.

It seems all so clear when you read it, but when you are back to your life, not much from the book you've read can be used on a daily basis.

I thought what could help is an app that will provide me with small daily actions that take me to my goals and dreams.

Being a software developer myself I've developed a simple Android app for this purpose: "My Dreams - Self Improvement" app.

It is now in beta stage on Google Play and can be downloaded from this link:

My Dreams - Self Improvement

I wonder if this can be helpful for other people than myself and if you find it useful for your own self improvement.

Would love to hear any feedback on this app or any other app.

Hope I don't break any rules by posting it here, not as far as I saw in the rules.

Thanks for any feedback.

Alex.

Thank you. I downloaded it. Started using it. Very inspiring. Great work!

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

5 hours ago, Rasheed said:

Thank you. I downloaded it. Started using it. Very inspiring. Great work!

Much Appreciated! 

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Lento said:

It's amazing! I wish more options were free.

Thank you!

The app is totally free, you get to more options when you collect some coins to motivate people to perform their daily actions.

Which specific option you think should be open at the first stage?

5 hours ago, Joshi3 said:

@Alexander78 I wish I could but I have iphone ):

If people like it, I will make an effort to release it for iphone as well :)

31 minutes ago, Alexander78 said:

The app is totally free, you get to more options when you collect some coins to motivate people to perform their daily actions.

Which specific option you think should be open at the first stage?

Oh, I'm sorry, my bad. I thought it should be purchased before the other options get unlocked.

The coins is a cool idea for motivation! Really thank you man ?

11 minutes ago, egoeimai said:

I've downloaded it and I'm gonna start using it. 

Thank you @egoeimai, would love to hear your feedback.

38 minutes ago, Alexander78 said:

Any feedback on the app from you @egoeimai?

It was a bit theoretical for me but that doesn't mean that isn't good for other people. 

I wanted something more practical and clear. 

But thank you. Keep up the good work. I liked the coin  thingy. 

?❤️?

4 hours ago, egoeimai said:

It was a bit theoretical for me but that doesn't mean that isn't good for other people. 

I wanted something more practical and clear. 

But thank you. Keep up the good work. I liked the coin  thingy. 

?❤️?

Thank you so much for your feedback! That's very helpful!

@Alexander78  Hi there

i really loved your apps. its fresh, creatieve and fun, seriously one of the best i have seen out there.

here is what i didnt like so much, i get the point that you have to complete an amount of "goals" before you get acces to the next, i  do like this idea . but out of curiousity i read some on the other goals that would later be unlucked :

things like :

"have a family vacation"

"creat your busniss"

"get better at public speaking"

"assume a leadership position"

"get a promotion"

"run a marathon"

"became an expert in your field"

this are things that i dont see being in a app that is supposed to help you be abit more productive on a daily basis.  this are things that take alot  longer than an day.  they are some things that you can break down

for example

in

"become an exper in your field" you could break it down to. "write a list of 5 things that you can do that would help you at work"

or

"get better at public speaking"  could be "start a combo with a stranger"

or something like that, something that is easier to digest and built up

Hi Kira,

Thank you for great and detailed feedback!

To explain a little more about the idea: when you select a goal, you get a program that generates daily actions that help you to achieve that goal.

Now the program usually lasts between 1 and 3 months depending on your progress, so following these small daily actions eventually creates the right habits that build up on top of each other and lead you to your goals.

I try to focus on different areas of person's life and not only on the productivity as I think we need to improve daily in different areas.

But I agree that the goals are very different and some of them are not so easy to split to daily actions than others.

I am researching each topic and trying to build the best program that is also practical and doesn't require a lot of time and effort.

So in your example "start a combo with a stranger" would be a daily action at some point of the program.

Great conversation Kira, would love to hear more ideas from you and other visitors.

@Alexander78  I can tell that you are trying to reflect personal development into this app, and i love that :x  out of curiosity did you keep in mind the fact people who aren't as aware or actualized as you yourself might be using this app ?

for example one of my "tasks" today is ; "pick one topic that you want to become expert in" again this sounds like such a huge task and what if you dont know what you want to became an expert in ?

if it would be something like "pick one topic that you are interested in and so on so on so on"  alot of the things that you ask in the app too do are too big to digest.. it could put off alot of people because, where to start (?)

do you get what i mean ?

the inspiration notes on top  i like :)

Very good point Kira on the big tasks.

The idea is in this case to break down big task even to smaller ones to assist the person to make progress.

In general I tried to have small daily tasks but sometimes the person is required to do some work :)

I guess it makes sense to add different program complexities like: Beginners, Intermediate, Advanced....

Thank you Gili!

If you have ideas how to improve it, please share!

@Alexander78 Would love to try when you make an App store version mate. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi