assx95

Need relationship advice : Stuck in an uncertain dynamic

8 posts in this topic

I'll make it concise with a clear context : 

Known her for 3 years. Went on dates. Long-Distance. She broke up. I tell her how much she means to me. She ignores. She reaches out to me after a week. We text as if nothing's changed except that I don't flirt now. More than a week has gone by and no text from her. 

Here are the concerns in my mind:  

1. What if she wants me to initiate and reignite the spark in the relationship? 
2. What if she's moved on, and that's how relationships look like when a person has moved on? 
3. What happens if I just leave it at that, and miss out on what could have been a wonderful relationship, if i just tried a little harder? 

My questions for the readers: 

If you are a girl, and you were in such a relationship dynamic, would you reach out if you were interested or wait for him to reach out, or is this the end? 
If you are a guy, would you move on or try a little harder? 

22 minutes ago, assx95 said:

She broke up

Hint number one

23 minutes ago, assx95 said:

I tell her how much she means to me. She ignores.

Hint number two

23 minutes ago, assx95 said:

She reaches out to me after a week.

Hint number three

24 minutes ago, assx95 said:

More than a week has gone by and no text from her. 

Hint number four

My opinion is that It's over, she wants to be friends and chat with you occasionally.

Sorry if I'm being too blunt, but I don't think sugar coating it would be helpful to you. ❤

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1

35 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

she wants to be friends and chat with you occasionally.

Not even that. I initiate the chat almost every time. Frankly, I don't like being just friends with women, cause my feelings surface eventually, and it becomes clear how I always want to be more than just friends. 

35 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

My opinion is that It's over

It feels like being dead, from her perspective. I can accept that it's over, but I'll tell you something which causes me suffering: I keep the doors open such that she can come and go whenever she pleases. I don't want to close any doors cause I fear that when she knock on the door, I might not hear it, and that would be a tragedy. 

I hear ya, many can't stay just friends after a break-up. Hurts too damn much. It's often best to just grieve and move on. 

There are 5 stages of grief, you may be in the denial phase (ie, I don't want to close any doors I won't hear her knock, etc).

The 5 stages of grief and loss are: 1. Denial and isolation; 2. Anger; 3. Bargaining; 4. Depression; 5. Acceptance. People who are grieving do not necessarily go through the stages in the same order or experience all of them.

Hang in there❤

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

2 minutes ago, assx95 said:

@Anna1 Thanks a lot Anna

Absolutely no problem! Take care of yourself ?

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

She has moved on already. But you can still persuade. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

14 hours ago, assx95 said:

She reaches out to me after a week.

Women are sensitive creatures. She's sensed your suffering and probably was trying to comfort you. There's nothing personal about her leaving you, but it'd be awkward for her to say that once again after you broke up. She felt guilty and probably now that guilt was released.

She let go, and now is your turn.

Good luck brother ?

Edited by Lento