F A B

Difficulties with urinals

8 posts in this topic

I have some difficulties with peeing in public urinals. I know it's kind of stupid, but it affects my day. 

I see many colleagues have no issue with that, while, instead, I feel like a block. Impotent.

Any suggestions?

(Since I don't know whether you have this kind of bathroom in your country, I'll post an image below ahaha)

Orinatoi.jpg

6 minutes ago, Knock said:

If no one else is there, do you still find it hard to pee? @F A B

No, I don't.

But only if I'm quite sure that no one is going to enter.

It's pretty natural I think to feel a bit uncomfortable about it. If I were a man, I'd feel too. I mean how are you supposed to do something like that in public. 

It never made any sense to me.. 

I think there should be like a wall between each of them.. That would make it more private. Just being honest hahahahxD

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 minutes ago, F A B said:

No, I don't.

But only if I'm quite sure that no one is going to enter.

Interesting. Merely the thought of someone being there is enough to cause you problems.

This is a great representation of how social anxiety works. 
It's not the other people are physically stopping you from peeing  xD
It's your internal thoughts about these people that causes blockages in your body. When we are anxious, we tense up. Our muscles and body systems don't work in unison, and this has real effects. Stress and anxiety has real effects on our body, even if the threat isn't real and just a thought. 

It is not that others are judging you, it is that you are judging yourself. This is insecurity. Tackle the insecurity, and the issue will resolve itself.

As a practical tip, you can redirect your conscious attention away from thinking about others perception of you by giving your mind something else to work on. For example, you can try saying the alphabet backwards, or mathematically keep doubling numbers until you have to rack your brain on working out the answer. This will give your conscious mind something to focus on so as to let your subconscious mind do its thing :)

I used to feel the same way, but it would only really be an issue if instead of urinals, at certain places it would be kind of like a long bathtub/sink against the wall with no dividers or any sort of separation in between. It was at a festival/fair setting where that kind of urinal would appear. 

The way to get over this is to simply face your fear, whip it out, pee and not care at all. Keep doing it consistently and it will become a non issue. If someone is looking over at your penis thats on them. Maybe they are gay for you or something, take it as a compliment. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@F A B  if there is another toilet (what they usually also have) use that. i would probably have more problems with the sanitary aspect of males toilets - i hate public toilets in general. also how weird if you work in a big company as a male and have to pee side by side with your coworkers or your boss... it`s a little bit discriminating to expect people to pee side by side... let`s reach hands brothers - no thanks...

Although we could consider this activity a "stream of consciousness", the issue is a bit outside the area of Self Actualization.