Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ibn Sina

E= mc^2 and Non-duality

9 posts in this topic

So we all know the famous equation E=mc^2 which says that any object with a mass has energy, and it can be converted into energy via chemical or thermal reactions just like in a nuclear fission or fusion.

But what exactly is energy?

Physicists say that energy is a 'quantitative property'  that causes an object to move or heat it. Quantitative property is like- kg, m/s etc.

You want to move an object? Energy can be measured.

You heat an object? Energy can be measured.

You explode an object? Energy can be measured.

But what exactly is it? What I have found is that even physicists do not completely know what energy exactly is. They have measured it, they can do many calculations about it, but they don't know what it exactly is just like Newton didn't know what  gravity exactly is so he attributed it to a God or a demon.

Mass is an 'appearance' but energy is a 'non-appearance' but still has a 'presence'. Energy is like a 'lack of distinction'. 

As energy, we are all the same, non-distinct,  non-dual.

So I am thinking that the E=mc^2 is not only ingenious for the mathematical precision with which it connects mass and energy, but it seems that  the equation also has some Buddhist and Non-dual ideas as it's implications.

Edited by Ibn Sina

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

Science cannot ever tell you what anything is. Because science is relative. All it's doing is telling you relative differences between things, never what the thing actually is.

For example, science cannot tell you want a cat is, it can only tell you how a cat is different from a non-cat.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Ibn Sina The concept of energy as it is given in physics is misleading in terms of the absolute truth of things. Every moment is an explosion of energy from nothing. Infinite amount of energy is being created from nothing, in every moment.

What physicists have done however is notice patterns of motion and change in the universe. For example they notice that as the chemical bonds form, there is mechanical force and work. There is a certain order to things. They've defined energy as the "capacity to do work". Every event that occurs is the generation of infinite energy from nothing, but this conceptual construction called the "capacity to do work" remains constant across all time.

The principle of conservation of energy, as it is formulated, is nothing more than the recognition of a pattern of how things move. In reality, all the movement/change requires energy being generated from nothing, but scientists haven't defined energy in that way. And I think that's perhaps a shame things have been defined this way. This is why I like to use the word "work" in its scientific meaning as often as possible when thinking about physics.  

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

This video has a lot more detail into the scientific meaning of meaning E = Mc2

and in the details you can relate (if you want to ) spiritual meanings

@Ibn Sina You might contemplate the perspective of putting yourself into the equation, if you can. The speed of light as an apparent limit inclusive of calculations of mass, potentiality as transcendent of limit, how do you fit into this? The implication is that just as you are aware of a thought, and are therefore transcendent of thought (you are aware of thought, but can not think awareness) so too are you aware of the speed of light, and therefore must be the potentiality transcendent of it. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

To be aware of anything that must be separated from you. So there is no Awareness. There is dimensionless Source which Creates THIS. THIS is always Consciousness and you are IT always forever. One all embracive omnipresent omniscient all loving Light/Consciousness. 

Outmost True pointer is that your Heart created Science lol, it is true. 

Loved Science now none of it is True. All ego and survival concepts, it's so funny when you look at all that from position of Truth. It is funny, you Will laugh so much. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

On 11/23/2019 at 3:15 PM, lmfao said:

@Ibn Sina The concept of energy as it is given in physics is misleading in terms of the absolute truth of things. Every moment is an explosion of energy from nothing. Infinite amount of energy is being created from nothing, in every moment.

What physicists have done however is notice patterns of motion and change in the universe. For example they notice that as the chemical bonds form, there is mechanical force and work. There is a certain order to things. They've defined energy as the "capacity to do work". Every event that occurs is the generation of infinite energy from nothing, but this conceptual construction called the "capacity to do work" remains constant across all time.

The principle of conservation of energy, as it is formulated, is nothing more than the recognition of a pattern of how things move. In reality, all the movement/change requires energy being generated from nothing, but scientists haven't defined energy in that way. And I think that's perhaps a shame things have been defined this way. This is why I like to use the word "work" in its scientific meaning as often as possible when thinking about physics.  

Here's something I am speculating.

May be energy and nothing are the  same thing.

Everything that you look around, is energy/nothing.

From energy, arises  out matter.

From nothingness, arises out matter. ( Hegel, Eastern philosophy)

Energy is matter (distinction), matter is energy (lack of distinction)

And energy = nothing= everything=God.

The energy that physicists know is the 'quantitiy' that they can measure, physicists are only concerned about measurements.

But I am guessing that energy, pure energy = nothingness = God.

Edited by Ibn Sina

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy