Dustin Dustbin

A Question About The Morality Rant Video

82 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ChimpBrain said:

but I guess I can't admit that I have a little Hitler buried deep within me somewhere.

That's still not radical enough!

Lol

The reality is this:

Not ONLY am I saying you have some shadow facet of Hitler inside you that you suppress. But that Hitler himself IS literally YOU!

There CANNOT be ANY separation WHATSOEVER between YOU & Hitler! Not possible! That's what enlightenment means! He is you. You are him. Where else is Hitler occurring? He's occurring in you.

The bitter truth is that everyone you've ever hated is actually you.

To understand this, you have to realize that you are not limited to your body. Like REALLY! You are not who you think you are. Whatever relationship you think you have with me, is actually you relating with you. There is no me. It's all 100% you. You're talking to yourself right now, lol ;) So if ever you should happen to get mad at me, just realize who you're really mad at, and all will be well.

Now that's some Turquoise thinking right there! Hehehe... Good stuff.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There CANNOT be ANY separation WHATSOEVER between YOU & Hitler! Not possible! That's what enlightenment means! He is you. You are him. Where else is Hitler occurring? He's occurring in you.

The bitter truth is that everyone you've ever hated is actually you.

To understand this, you have to realize that you are not limited to your body. Like REALLY! You are not who you think you are. Whatever relationship you think you have with me, is actually you relating with you. There is no me. It's all 100% you. You're talking to yourself right now, lol ;) So if ever you should happen to get mad at me. Just realize who you're really mad at, and all will be well.

If this is true and free will is an illusion, is ultimate reality that I am nothing but an eyeball of sorts?

Everything is me, I am all, and I have no control over any of it so witnessing is all there is.

And beyond that you hinted that all of source was actually nothing so the next level would be that I'm actually helplessly observing nothing...

Is this what you are saying or am I totally lost? 

19 minutes ago, Dustin Dustbin said:

If this is true and free will is an illusion, is ultimate reality that I am nothing but an eyeball of sorts?

Everything is me, I am all, and I have no control over any of it so witnessing is all there is.

And beyond that you hinted that all of source was actually nothing so the next level would be that I'm actually helplessly observing nothing...

Free will is an illusion, logically. You don't need to be enlightened to understand it.

Your ego thinks the source (or nature, or the universe, GOD, the I AM, etc...) is just watching. He (the source) is doing everything.

The concept of nothingness is not that there's nothing at all, it means that from nothing everything comes, and nothing and everything is all.
So we are nothing and everything.

But maybe I am wrong. I just wanted to add it so Leo corrects me if I am wrong.
:P

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Just now, Mal said:

xD Clueless

Really?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

Nothingness I meant "Śūnyatā" (from wikipedia)

Śūnyatā (Sanskrit; Pali: suññatā), translated into English as emptiness, voidness, openness, spaciousness, or vacuity, is a Buddhist concept which has multiple meanings depending on its doctrinal context. In Theravada Buddhism, suññatā often refers to the not-self (Pāli: anattā, Sanskrit: anātman) nature of the five aggregates of experience and the six sense spheres. Suññatā is also often used to refer to a meditative state or experience.

Śūnyatā is a key term in Mahāyāna Buddhism, and also influenced some schools of Hindu philosophy.

Edited by abrakamowse

27 minutes ago, Dustin Dustbin said:

You are awareness, so that's sorta like an eyeball. But you are also everything that comes into existence. So you could also say that you have 100% control, because you are creating the entire universe every second. Of course, this is a very different sort of "control" than the egoic, narcissistic, neurotic sort of control that you strive for every day.

You're not helplessly observing nothing. You ARE Nothing! There is nobody observing it. And it isn't helpless. It's the source of the entire universe!

You cannot grasp this stuff intellectually. You have to actually sit down and do the work to observe it all yourself. It's all right there, right in front of you. If you would only discipline yourself to sit down and observe without intellectualizing everything to death.

This requires THOUSANDS of hours of quiet sitting. But boy is it worth it!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Really?

Your answer "should" be ...AAAAAHHHHHAAAAA!!!!

YES, OF COURSE!

Nothing else.

You need to have an experience of it.  Nobody can tell you what it is.

And no, it doesn't require anything except a few moments of becoming one with the source of life sustaining you.  A quick shift from watering the plant of the mind to being enlightened.

Its so easy that you mess it up.

Edited by Mal

Just now, Mal said:

Your answer "should" be ...AAAAAHHHHHAAAAA!!!!

YES, OF COURSE!

Nothing else.

You need to have an experience of it.  Nobody can tell you what it is.

Ok, I got it... hehehehe...

I am actually doing sitting meditation at Zendo NYC... so  I will need some thousand of hours more to grasp it.

1 hour ago, Mal said:

Thanks again. Its all here your comment. Very elegantly put! :)

Thank you. :)

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@abrakamowse Yes.  Zen makes you work for it like a bitch.  Just stop attending to the mind and start attending to the life energy that is animating this body.  There are so many posts on this forum day in day out giving you the pointers, but none of you listen.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are awareness, so that's sorta like an eyeball. But you are also everything in comes into existence. So you could also say that you have 100% control, because you are creating the entire universe every second. Of course, this is a very different sort of "control" than the egoic, narcissistic, neurotic sort of control that you strive for every day.

You're not helpless observing nothing. You ARE Nothing! There is nobody observing it. And isn't helpless. It's the source of the entire universe!

You cannot grasp this stuff intellectually. You have to actually sit down and do the work to observe it all yourself. It's all right there, right in front of you. If you would only discipline yourself to sit down and observe without intellectualizing everything to death.

This requires THOUSANDS of hours of quiet sitting.

I agree with you. Except for the thousands of hours requirement, that's just a limiting belief which may be true for you, but it's not necessarily true for others. It all depends on where the person is momentarily at, and also the guidance that person comes into contact with. A person who isn't filled to the brim with all kinds of hardwired bullshit beliefs, and has the proper guidance, can get to full realization rather quickly. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

1 minute ago, Mal said:

@abrakamowse Yes.  Zen makes you work for it like a bitch.  Just stop attending to the mind and start attending to the life energy that is animating this body.  There are so many posts on this forum day in day out giving you the pointers, but none of you listen.

I know, I am beginning to grasp something but I realize that I "forget" things I read... and it's like I need to read them again and again.

And I keep forgetting it again and again... I will just meditate.

:D

2 minutes ago, Mal said:

@abrakamowse  There are so many posts on this forum day in day out giving you the pointers, but none of you listen.

Don't be so hard on yourself.

I mean myself. ;)

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are awareness, so that's sorta like an eyeball. But you are also everything that comes into existence. So you could also say that you have 100% control, because you are creating the entire universe every second. Of course, this is a very different sort of "control" than the egoic, narcissistic, neurotic sort of control that you strive for every day.

You're not helplessly observing nothing. You ARE Nothing! There is nobody observing it. And it isn't helpless. It's the source of the entire universe!

This requires THOUSANDS of hours of quiet sitting. But boy is it worth it!

I will give this some thought. Thanks.

I think after that I will stop writing in the forum...

Lol

I will just observe

@abrakamowse I would start listening to charlie, because you are seriously misguided.  Unless it is your purpose to sit and ruminate all day about something that is an illusion?  Which is what most seekers actually do and where they end up.  Just read his posts, they are illuminating.  Use your mind for what it was made for, solving problems, not trying to grasp reality.

Edited by Mal

2 minutes ago, Mal said:

@abrakamowse I would start listening to charlie, because you are seriously misguided.  Unless it is your purpose to sit an ruminate about something that is an illusion?  Which is what most seekers actually do and where they end up.  Just read his posts, they are illuminating.  Use your mind for what it was made for, solving problems, not trying to grasp reality.

Ok, thanks @Mal for the advice. I have that problem, always... I am afraid or scared that if I don't understand something logically I can go crazy, really. That makes me overthink too much.

Thanks again! I will check Charlie's posts!

Edited by abrakamowse

@abrakamowse You're not going to make it my friend.  I'll tell you that now. No hard feelings.

Mal

4 minutes ago, Mal said:

@abrakamowse You're not going to make it my friend.  I'll tell you that now. No hard feelings.

Mal

Because of my fears?