The Don

Death is real whether you like it or not.

45 posts in this topic

HINT: for consciousness to be possible; for consciousness to exist there has to be something deeper. That's God.

Me on the road less traveled.

48 minutes ago, The Don said:

Fine.

Just a question: how can someone prove that consciousness is not a byproduct of the brain?

You need a body to experience consciousness. You need a body and a mind to prove consciousness.

I'm not denying that consciousness exists. Consciousness exists but it can't be experienced without a body. That's why I'm saying that consciousness is objectively impersonal. Consciousness is absolutely impersonal.

Just because you've had a psychedelic experience, that doesn't mean that you know the essence of reality.

The mind is a very deceptive thing. Buddha didn't know everything. Jesus didn't know everything. Spiritual teachers don't know everything. @Leo Gura doesn't know everything.

So... the answer is to find the truth by yourself and not expect it from somebody else. We are prone to get answers from other people and not derive answers from our own observations and explorations.

There is always a possibility to delude ourselves even when everything seems clear to us.

Noone can prove that. However subjectivly that's not what is experienced. What is experienced is that everything appears within and is a part of consciousness.

The body is not aware...

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16