Gladius

Hypericum or St. John's wort

12 posts in this topic

This is just a recommendation for those who suffer from depression or anxiety. I've tried recently these hypericum pills or "st. John's wort" in english. They're usually available in the supermarket, (at least in Europe), usually next to the vitamins place, since it's a natural product.

I've been taking a couple of them in the morning for a week and it does stable the mood. Seems like a good natural alternative to antidepressants. so I thought it could help someone here.

Vitamin b, vitamin c, vitamin d3, green vegetables, correcting an efa deficiency, curcumin, carrot juice, magnesium, vitamin b3, chromium, selenium, zinc, adaptogens, 

@Nickyy Is that your stack for dealing with depression? Is it very effective at improving mood and happiness levels?

@Raptorsin7 Of course that alone is not the final solution, but it really helped to light up my mood, so I wanted to share here. I also looked at the root causes of my depression and took action: Found a good therapist, looked for another job, read a lot of books, and so on, but you guys already know that...

Edited by Gladius

8 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Nickyy Is that your stack for dealing with depression? Is it very effective at improving mood and happiness levels?

@Raptorsin7 Ive found that depression is "caused" by things like nutrient deficiencies, sunlight deficiency, eating processed sugars and too much junk while neglecting sleep, drinking too much alcohol, drinking too much coffee. Eating a lot of fried foods. All these things are inflammatory and I think inflammation is linked to depression and just not feeling good in the body. Even looking good is related to depression. 

All of those ingredients above have helped me turn my depressive states around in time. There is some research availible on how they have been shown to lift mood during trials. 

Edited by Nickyy

Please be extremely careful when taking St.John's Wort if already on antidepressants!!  Tricyclic or SSRIs doesn't matter. You may end up with serotonin syndrome, become delusional even suicidal. 

Agreed that SJW is a beautiful replacement of medication but once you are on them, never take SJW or 5-HTP

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 Sure. I guess I was too simplistic on my post. Never replace professional medical advice. I was talking about mild depression, that sadness state one can drag for months or years. For me it just helped to flip the table, plus all the other action I took.

Have tried it in short spells, but overall anxiety is a bigger challenge to me than depression.

On 15/11/2019 at 3:54 PM, Gladius said:

Sure. I guess I was too simplistic on my post. Never replace professional medical advice. I was talking about mild depression, that sadness state one can drag for months or years. For me it just helped to flip the table, plus all the other action I took.

of course, whenever possible natural is the way to go ;) in such case hypericum is amazing. And actually SSRIs are not really any better for mild depression than the herb so it was a good choice I'd say. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Eat a diet abundant in fresh fruit and some natural yogurt. You will be amazed :)

Diet is also one side of the 3 sided coin.

Get out in nature daily, connect with animals, wild-life, trees, plants, minerals, ground yourself, exposure to sunlight.

All these are very important and work hand in hand.

CBD oil is probably superior than both of those IMO

Travel is one of the best cures for depression.

Hope these help :)

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

1 hour ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@pluto What does CBD oil do for you?

I personally only use it nowadays when i smoke cannabis for deeper spiritual sessions or special occasions but there was a point where i was coming off a long overdue toxic relationship that mysteriously drifted myself from spiritual alignment and i fell into depression, anxiety from all the trauma and stress all over again and CBD was one of the most helpful things (supplement-wise). It seems to promote balance in mind/body and makes you feel more centered and at-ease. It was like i did a nice little session of meditation when i was in no condition to meditate.

Its very subtle but with consistency and finding the right dose for you, it can help you pick yourself back up again.

I found dosage around 15 - 25mg of CBD/CBDA(Entourage) Full spectrum worked best for me.

B R E A T H E